Travis

Re: What do you do for a living, and whats the dirty secrets
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 10:46 PM Quote
So good discount at Cartier but no spare money for it...
It sucks big time i tell you.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 3:45 AM Quote
I'm a journalist. I write for a local newspaper, edit, do layouts and sometimes take pictures. No dirty little secrets I can think of at the moment...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 5:07 AM Quote

Well, I have three occupations at least:

I'm a secretary in a music school, which is nice. The pay sucks but it's only three hours a day and my bosses are very cool, so I don't complain. And it's music-related, so that makes it more interesting. Plus I got a "secretary's day" gift last week, and a pay rise last month, so I'm happy xD.
No dirty little secrets here, except that I work "behind the courtain" so the students have never seen me and they don't know exactly what I do but they know my name hahaha.

I also tutor a little girl called Graciela (maths, spanish, english, social sciences and natural sciences), a bit more than three hours a week. She's very sweet, but way too lazy and sometimes that gets on my nerves! Right now she's doing very well at school, so as long as she keeps the good grades, I won't complain. The pay is not good either xD.
Dirty little secret: you don't need to know that much about anything to be able to tutor. Usually kids don't need someone to repeat or explain things to them, just someone to gide them and help them study.

Finally, I'm a Sociology student. Been one for four years and a half. Hopefully I'll get my degree next year.
My advice: never study Sociology in the University Of Buenos Aires. It's a good career and you learn a lot, but it's way too long (six years).
I'm getting sick of it, I just want uni to be over already!

Kayte: I also sing the alphabet song! Gracielita loves it xD.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 9:05 AM Quote
I work for an international hotel management school, with students from more than 40 countries - www.ssth.ch mainly responsible for the admission procedure. It's a great job, I love to see how the students progress during the 3 - 4 years they are at the school. From being very shy and under culture shock when they arrive, to quite confident and outgoing people. There is the odd '****hole' but on the whole they are great kids.

dirty secrets ? the possibility to hang around the Travisboard all day :-D

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:13 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
I sell clothes to people.

And you can see the dirty secrets when the silly idiot men change their trousers but forget to lock the door and the door opens.

HAH!

lol

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
Today I am a nurse. Thankfully I have only one patient and his illness does not involve vomiting. Just a cold. Of course, in 3 days the baby will have it, and 3 days after that my older one will have it, then I'll have it and my husband will have it. And go round and round and round in the circle game....

cosmic
cosmic Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 4:21 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
I'm a student currently on summer hols. I get up at about midday, stare at a computer/TV screen all day, eat chocolate and go to bed. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/9-Grin2.gif And every now and then I daydream about how I should be starting to plan my dissertation...

I also do a few hours charity work at Barnardos on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I'm a student on summer holidays, I was working at Somerfield 3 days a week but it was awful so I left last week. I don't miss it at all. I also work in a hotel as well, I do a bit everything, being serving customers, giving out bar banter and scrubbing pots and pans. I also spend half the time there eyeing up one of the chefs, he's spoken for tho, so I have to settle for his banter. LOL. Other than that, I'm also need to plan my dissertation and apply for real jobs. I used to enjoy student life but since moving in with my brother and learning all about the law and being permanently skint, I've decided I really want to work for a living. So roll on the end of 4th year.

varz
varz Posted Wed 10 Sep, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
I am a trainee pharmacist... This time next year I'll be a legal drug dealer woopwoop!
There are no dirty little secrets to share, however we did get accused of watering down methadone the other day?!

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:47 AM Quote
Surely watering down methadone would not be beneficial.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 2:01 PM Quote
You all know that I am a Library Assistant :) and really couldn't be arsed going into the ins and outs of my job(done that loads on here) but I guess a pretty cool "secret" is that I can waive your fines if im in a good mood and like you or I can make you pay the full price for books you have stupidly lost :) Also don't bitch at me or give me attitude as I can simple bar you access to the computer and wipe all knowledge of you from the computer.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
You all know that I am a Library Assistant :) and really couldn't be arsed going into the ins and outs of my job(done that loads on here) but I guess a pretty cool "secret" is that I can waive your fines if im in a good mood and like you or I can make you pay the full price for books you have stupidly lost :) Also don't bitch at me or give me attitude as I can simple bar you access to the computer and wipe all knowledge of you from the computer.

kinda mafiaoso like ?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Peewee wrote:

kinda mafiaoso like ?

LOL

Esteban
Esteban Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:39 PM Quote
I'm a manager of an O2 store. No dirty secrets to report.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
I'm a student, studying a weird mixture of subjects. Basically, it's "international cultural and business studies", but you can only get this degree in a small Bavarian town - and in Buenos Aires *lol* That's why there are always Argentinian exchange students in town...

I also worked part-time as a shop assistant in a museum-shop, selling strange science-stuff to proud parents of nerdy kids who like playing with chemistry sets ;) (dirty secret: some of the stuff was waaaaay overprized and our boss had no idea who we were).

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Peewee wrote:

kinda mafiaoso like ?

Yep and on my break I will go out a slit your tyres!!! LOL Darn maybe not....too many security cams! lol

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:49 PM