Travis

Re: Long Way Down
Eledh
Eledh Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Fran thanks for the lyrics. I like the seagull part. The alliteration is good. I am resisting temptation and not clicking the youtube link. I want to wait to hear it on the album. Thankfully, only a few more weeks....

Cliiick me, Anne! Cliiick meeee! lol :P

Are you the youtube link? XD because this sounds kind of kinky. XD

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 7:33 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
Nikki wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Fran thanks for the lyrics. I like the seagull part. The alliteration is good. I am resisting temptation and not clicking the youtube link. I want to wait to hear it on the album. Thankfully, only a few more weeks....

Are you the youtube link? XD because this sounds kind of kinky. XD

LOL! Oh geeez. YES! I'm the YouTube link. :D

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:
Did you get out the wrong side of the bed this morning Mr.Healy?

No dear, but you most definitely left your ears in a glass by the side of the bed when you come out with that pish.
Importance Of Being Idle!? Pah!

I love the fact Fran is sticking up for the music, because it shows how much they all believe in the new songs. I think I might explode before the release date, but that would be a terrible waste of a pre-order :P

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I think I might explode before the release date, but that would be a terrible waste of a pre-order :P

That is a hilarious sentence. A waste indeed.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 8:45 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

lol

gaby
gaby Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
As I am weak and I couldn´t wait to listen to some of the new songs, I have listened to the live version and I liked it a lot. I would have give anything to be on the backstage session at V2008! Travis really played it wonderfully.
Regarding the lyrics, I think they are great (love the "better run little rabbit" and the slow part of "they are never taking me alive"). Thanks for posting Fran :)

Ps: Comparisons are overrated (me thinks).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:45 PM Quote
Nikki, I always love your board singing, whether it is Travis or O Canada! Click me does sound dirty, lol

I was shopping on the weekend and the cashier went to grab my cloth grocery bag out of my cart and said "im just going to snag your bag. That almost sounds inappropriate." ha, same thing!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 9:56 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki, I always love your board singing, whether it is Travis or O Canada! Click me does sound dirty, lol

I was shopping on the weekend and the cashier went to grab my cloth grocery bag out of my cart and said "im just going to snag your bag. That almost sounds inappropriate." ha, same thing!

LOL!

damon
damon Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:

No dear, but you most definitely left your ears in a glass by the side of the bed when you come out with that pish.

i'm not a english natural speaker, by the tone of conversation i think fran is pissed, left your ears in a glass ?? like fake teeth ???

what does "pish" mean, i don't get,,, can anybody explain ???

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 11:22 PM Quote
Love LWD. Proper punch to the melody and good lyrics. Probably one of the strongest songs to present to someone who doesn't like Travis/hasn't heard any of the new stuff and say 'here, listen to this'. Although a slap probably works just as well. :)

Gotta say I don't hear the Importance of Being Idle in it. Thank ****ing God. I thinK 'Idle' is utter crap, one of the worst things Noel Gallagher has ever written. Catchy yes, but so is the flu.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Mon 08 Sep, 2008 11:52 PM Quote
damon wrote:
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:

i'm not a english natural speaker, by the tone of conversation i think fran is pissed, left your ears in a glass ?? like fake teeth ???

pish means rubbish. and yeah abit like fake teeth in a glass.

damon
damon Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 12:01 AM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
damon wrote:
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:

mmhh so he was really pissed,,,, i totally agree with fran in that case

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 12:24 AM Quote
damon wrote:
thehitcher wrote:
damon wrote:
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:

He did sound a bit pissed off, but then again emotion never translates clearly on forums. It was probably just meant to be a bit of banter. And to be honest, saying a song isn't cohesive is hardly worth getting angry about. I'd be a bit concerned for Fran if he's gonna loose sleep over something like that lol. I also think it was an excuse for him to have a rant over The Importance Of Being Idle - I like the tune, but I take it he doesn't. :P

Stepiper
Stepiper Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 1:19 AM Quote
I think Long Way Down is quite different from The Importance of being idle. 2 different planets.
I personally don't like that Oasis song but seems like LWD is more rocky and has a very refined coda which makes it far from TIOBI.

No common ground IMO

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 2:24 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
damon wrote:
thehitcher wrote:
damon wrote:
Fran wrote:
MoreThanMe wrote:

He did sound a bit pissed off, but then again emotion never translates clearly on forums. It was probably just meant to be a bit of banter. And to be honest, saying a song isn't cohesive is hardly worth getting angry about. I'd be a bit concerned for Fran if he's gonna loose sleep over something like that lol. I also think it was an excuse for him to have a rant over The Importance Of Being Idle - I like the tune, but I take it he doesn't. :P

I think he was at least mildly annoyed... which makes sense. What didn't make sense was calling it incohesive. But I think that point has already been made. I am totally a lyrics person, though, so I did appreciate that in making the point, he put up the lyrics! I was wondering what people (at least fellow lyrics fans;) ) think they mean, because I was trying to figure out if
"It’s a long way down
Above the two tone town
And it’s no funny when you’re stuck in the middle"
fits in with near the end "You’d say you’d never take a side"... you know, 2 tones, being stuck in the middle, never taking a side? More cohesion! The idea follows from beginning to end!;) Which may be more than I can say for this post! Lol : )

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:37 PM