Travis

Baking in my shoebox!
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:06 PM Quote
It's soooo warm and my lil library heats up fast so i'm sat with all doors/windows open. And seeing as there are no customers in sight i've run to my car, grabbed all of my cds and at this very moment i'm blasting a wee bit o' Jacko! And am momentarily dancing around...someone's bound to have spotted me by now out of the window ha ha.

Re: Baking in my shoebox!
Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:28 PM Quote
hehehehehehe maybe soon some costumers might come to join you !

My 'shoebox' is quite cool even though it's preety roasting outside.. so much so that I have to get out to warm up from time to time! (good excuse!)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
hehehehehehe maybe soon some costumers might come to join you !

My 'shoebox' is quite cool even though it's pretty roasting outside.. so much so that I have to get out to warm up from time to time! (good excuse!)

oooops sorry double post...

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
another 3.30 hour and it's le week end !!!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 1:22 PM Quote
Just been sat outside for my dinner, loads better now :D Lot's of kids have been coming in now so best stop the Jackson music!

Leah
Leah Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 1:34 PM Quote
You are having far too much fun at work lady! Lol x

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 1:59 PM Quote
Leah wrote:

Aye stop that (he says waking up from a small nap :) )

spid
spid Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
Hahaha, I actually thopught you were baking cookies in a shoebox and was excited to find out how you did it without the box bursting into flames!

My kids baked cookies yesterday (I was still clearing up after them this morning!) and they were really scrummy so I expect that's why I thought of it!

Weather is dull and grey at the mo - no heat wave here!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Leah wrote:

Aye stop that (he says waking up from a small nap :) )

And also from the guy who can sit on msn all day!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Hahaha, I actually thopught you were baking cookies in a shoebox and was excited to find out how you did it without the box bursting into flames!

I thought the same thing!

Speaking of hot, a few weeks ago my husband left an unopened can of Coke in his car. It was late afternoon when he parked. He came back a few hours later and the can had EXPLODED. There was sticky half dried Coke everywhere. We kept the can because it's pretty cool looking.

But when it's 100 almost every day these things happen. Keep meaning to fry an egg on the sidewalk to amuse the children.

nesmap
nesmap Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:48 PM Quote
I thought it would've been a cake.

Talking of food, anyone been watching Celebrity Masterchef recently?

Go Andi Peters!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 5:54 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
spid wrote:

I thought the same thing!

Speaking of hot, a few weeks ago my husband left an unopened can of Coke in his car. It was late afternoon when he parked. He came back a few hours later and the can had EXPLODED. There was sticky half dried Coke everywhere. We kept the can because it's pretty cool looking.

But when it's 100 almost every day these things happen. Keep meaning to fry an egg on the sidewalk to amuse the children.

First--baking in a box, ha ha! I imagine if you wet the box (mmm, that'd smell good) then covered it in heavy duty aluminum foil, it might not burn. Don't know if it would get hot enough to bake cookies, though.

Second, I cannot imagine the clean-up job with the Coke. Ugh! It is going to be sticky FOR-E-VER, FOR-E-VER, FOR-E-VER. (Sandlot reference.)

Can you really fry an egg on the sidewalk? I wouldn't doubt it. Blacktop for sure, aye?

It's been sunny and in the low 80's here, with beautiful white puffy clouds. Ahhhhh. Best summer in years!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 6:04 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:

Go Andi Peters!

Yeah I've been watching it but I'm off down the pub today so won't see who wins!! I hope Andi Peters wins also, he did well in yesterday's episode what with the reaction to the tablets n that. But I do like the other fat bastard who ran off, dunno his name. Mark, is it Mark? Liz has done pretty well, but I don't like Atomic Kitten. Haha.

But Andi Peters... yeah man. Woo.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Fri 25 Jul, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:

Go Andi Peters!

Hell yes, go Peters!! He really needs Ed the Duck to help him out though

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
I was glad Liz won! lol I loved Atomic Kitten :)

pmsl

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:00 PM