Travis

Re: I don't know what to do
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:05 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I wasn’t going to reply to this thread just as I didn’t reply to Gladly and Dubz bashing our “faggoty” board (nice),

lol, when you call something you're a part of "faggoty", don't you by accident call yourself a faggot? Just a thought.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Nikki wrote:
I wasn’t going to reply to this thread just as I didn’t reply to Gladly and Dubz bashing our “faggoty” board (nice),

lol, when you call something you're a part of "faggoty", don't you by accident call yourself a faggot? Just a thought.

I was obviously being sarcastic when I put "nice" because I can't believe that word is being thrown around like that. It's a very hateful word and shouldn't be used...just like the "N word"...

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/robo848/not_this_shit_again.jpg

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
LOL! I'm with ya Andrew.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Wheres your parrot?

It kept saying "she's a tranny, she's a tranny" So I buried it!!! ;)

why in the world did your parrot say that? lol.

When I first joined the board last year peewee's avatar was small (even when you clicked on her profile) and it was her in this blue wig. I honestly thought it was a tranny. Of course I figured out fairly quickly that she was in fact a girl, and a lovely one at that, but I felt pretty lame for thinking that.

Then someone started a thread about first impressions of boardies (or something like that, can't quite remember) and someone else admitted that had thought that (maybe Gladly?). So then I did as well. Wendy thankfully thought it was hilarious and wasn't offended.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Wheres your parrot?

It kept saying "she's a tranny, she's a tranny" So I buried it!!! ;)

why in the world did your parrot say that? lol.

When I first joined the board last year peewee's avatar was small (even when you clicked on her profile) and it was her in this blue wig. I honestly thought it was a tranny. Of course I figured out fairly quickly that she was in fact a girl, and a lovely one at that, but I felt pretty lame for thinking that.

Then someone started a thread about first impressions of boardies (or something like that, can't quite remember) and someone else admitted that had thought that (maybe Gladly?). So then I did as well. Wendy thankfully thought it was hilarious and wasn't offended.

okay, that explains a lot! And also, hilarious!
I was still only in the Travis msg board area a year ago, and didnt venture into the scary GC until recently! I would love to read that thread if someone can track it down

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
Here it is.

Things you thought about boardies

This is quite funny.

*Edit: Wait...there's a picture of Monkey naked in the snow floating around somewhere? Has Abs seen it?

dee
dee Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:19 PM Quote
i think the real issue here is being ignored...
there's a cat frickin' peeing everywhere....
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/funny-pictures-black-cat-missed-litterbox.jpg

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
Ok I found this!!! Might help!

1) Pain or illness can cause a cat to stop using the litter box. Cats are very adept at hiding illness, so if your cat is having litter box problems then the first thing you need to do is take the cat to a vet for a medical exam.
2) If you aren't scooping the waste out of the litter every day then you need to start and start now.
3) Perfumes or other odors can drive your cat away from the litter box. Scented litters are unacceptable to many cats, and the leftover scent from a cleaning product could also be a problem. Get rid of the perfumes, and scrub those cleaners away before giving the box back to the cat. Remember that cats have an acute sense of smell.
4) Your cat may feel vulnerable when in the litter box. Is it in a noisy location (such as next to the washing machine)? Is it secure from little marauders like dogs and children, or even other cats? If the box is not semi-private, move it to a better location.
5) Remember those preferences that we talked about earlier. You may need to offer several different types of litter before finding the right one. Strange but true, some cats will not use the same box for urine and feces, in which case you'll have to provide two boxes. The type of box could also be a problem. If the box has a cover, try removing it.
6) Anxiety can lead to litter box lapses. Did some event scare your cat? This could be anything from a new couch to a new cat or even a new person in the house. If you suspect anxiety, confine the cat to a safe and secure place (maybe a bed room) until the anxiety has passed. Cats seem to hang on to their emotions, so the anxiety could last much longer than the actual event. No need to rush, leave that safe haven available to the cat for as long as possible.
7) If you have multiple cats, chances are you'll need multiple boxes, maybe even with different materials in them.
There is one more important distinction that you'll need to make. Is the cat refusing to use the litter box, or is the cat spraying? Spraying is a territorial behavior and has nothing to do with disliking the box. For more information on litter box problems or spraying, consult with a trained behaviorist.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
Harmony1206 wrote:
Hello ppl of Travisland, I hope ye are well. :-D

I have an issue I don't know how to deal with.
I adopted a friends cat 2 weeks ago. A cat who's almost 2 years old.
She gets along well with my 5 year old cat, which is grand. But there's a problem, a huge one, and that is that she pees where she's not allowed to. Anywhere outside the box is a no no. And since yesterday she has peed on my trousers, two of my carpets and the floor. This has made me come to the conclusion that I cannot keep her.
I feel like I'm letting my friend down, but I can't have a cat that pisses all over the place, ruin my things and perhaps maybe teach my cat that it's an ok behaviour.

So, what do ye think..?

I don't expect any replies really, cos what can I say.. this place has changed for the worse.
I will be one of the oldies who's saying that she misses the old board, but that's because it was less rudeness and arrogance on there. :-)

Good luck with the cat, Leila! Having zero idea about cats, dunno what to tell. Never been a cat person. It is good to like them from afar. :-P (Although since my BF has a cat, my feelings towards cats are changing these days he hee)

About what you say in the deep note, I am not the one to complain about the new board as I barely spend time here recently. But I am sure there are many decent - lovely people that I have had chance to talk or I couldn't even meet in a thread yet. But I DO understand what your point is and kinda agree. We ALL used to be nice people once upon a time, were not we? ;-)
New members, please don't take it something against you. I know how boring this 'good old days' talk can get. I suppose it is just a longing, kinda nostalgia we (me, Leila, and some other boardies) are feeling at times. :-)
All in all, Travis MB is da place to be. Always has, always will. *bows*

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 8:51 PM Quote
As far as i remember i didnt have the guts to say it first.Dont know who that was.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
As far as i remember i didnt have the guts to say it first.Dont know who that was.

Pinch me on the face if I am being stupid but was this post for me? :-P
A little tipsy here. Sorry. ;-)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:20 PM Quote
Back drinking again? *shakes head* LOL

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
But of course. I had no other option in such a lonely, boring Thursday night. Just drinking my sorrows away.. :-P

Plus it looks too yummy to refuse. *nods*

http://lukehoney.typepad.com/the_greasy_spoon/images/2007/12/05/guinness.jpg

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:55 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I just love how this thread has two completely different topics lol. I can't say I've ever come across a discussion involving attitudes on a board AND cats that need to be house trained hehe

Lol yeah I thought that. Great topic combination. xD

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 9:46 AM