Travis

Re: Sarah
Kaizer
Kaizer Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
How the hell can I get my hands on "Sarah"? :-)
Haven't heard it yet, dunno where to find it

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 4:05 PM Quote
Kaizer wrote:

Go to the wee store and buy the album. You'll get a vinyl copy plus a link that allows you to download it as well.

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 4:16 PM Quote
"Sarah" is beautiful :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Kaizer wrote:

Go to the wee store and buy the album. You'll get a vinyl copy plus a link that allows you to download it as well.

Or just get it on iTunes like I did. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Kaizer wrote:

Excellent advice, but if you don't want the vinyl you download the songs from most places like iTunes and 7digital too :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Excellent advice, but if you don't want the vinyl you download the songs from most places like iTunes and 7digital too :)

Guessed I missed the memo that you can do that. That's good news!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 03 Jul, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
Ahhh, such a lovely song. Fran sounds wonderful and Claes really sounds brilliant on this song.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Fri 04 Jul, 2008 11:41 PM Quote
It's a lovely track,too good to be a b-side :)

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 05 Jul, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
Really great to be a B-Side!
Wow! is a beautiful and lovely track. God, I love Travis.

maryhill_johnny
maryhill_johnny Posted Tue 08 Jul, 2008 10:11 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
maryhill_johnny wrote:
Just listened to the ep. Not overly taken with either of the b-sides on first listen but this tends to be the way with me. Once I've listened to them over and over my opinion will probably change.

J Smith itself has some good points but I'm not a fan of the opening lyrics as I haven't a clue what they mean.

I often feel people go overboard when anything new is about to be released but maybe i'm just difficult to please

Give it a few listens...I think they'll grow on you. :) By the way, "Sarah" is the only B-side..."Get Up" is going to be an album track from all indications.

I kinda went "HUH?" when I heard the opening line to "J. Smith" the first time as well, but not all lyrics have to make sense! It's poetry and it makes you think.

Does this make sense to you? "He bag production he got walrus gumroot, he got Ono sideboard he one spinal cracker"...nope! But it's one of the coolest song ever!

Sarah has grown on me. You were quite prophetic!
I'll need to give 'Get Up' some more time though.

Yeah, I take your point about lyrics. But there is still something about that opening line in J Smith!! (although I like your ideas on it in the other thread)
cheers

sucaa
sucaa Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Isn't it crazy that this is a B-Side? God...they are so good."

:)

That's my opinion about a lot of Travis b-sides...
"Sarah" is fantastic, my favorite one. Can't stop listening to it!
J. Smith is great, my least favorite is Get Up.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 09 Jul, 2008 10:47 AM Quote
anybody wonders or know who's Sarah?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 10 Jul, 2008 5:48 AM Quote
maryhill_johnny wrote:
Nikki wrote:
maryhill_johnny wrote:
Just listened to the ep. Not overly taken with either of the b-sides on first listen but this tends to be the way with me. Once I've listened to them over and over my opinion will probably change.

J Smith itself has some good points but I'm not a fan of the opening lyrics as I haven't a clue what they mean.

I often feel people go overboard when anything new is about to be released but maybe i'm just difficult to please

Give it a few listens...I think they'll grow on you. :) By the way, "Sarah" is the only B-side..."Get Up" is going to be an album track from all indications.

I kinda went "HUH?" when I heard the opening line to "J. Smith" the first time as well, but not all lyrics have to make sense! It's poetry and it makes you think.

Does this make sense to you? "He bag production he got walrus gumroot, he got Ono sideboard he one spinal cracker"...nope! But it's one of the coolest song ever!

Sarah has grown on me. You were quite prophetic!
I'll need to give 'Get Up' some more time though.

Yeah, I take your point about lyrics. But there is still something about that opening line in J Smith!! (although I like your ideas on it in the other thread)
cheers

:) Cool! I'm glad you like it more now!

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:53 AM Quote
cartoonmatrix wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Esteban wrote:
Fuck. If I could bottle and sell how the bit from 2.34 from 2.53 makes me feel, I'd be able to retire next weekend.

Severe lump in the throat, this song's got me by the heart.

Solid gold kudos to Claes on this one. This is HIS coming of age in the band, the words are awesome and all but his piano is just.....I don't have the words.

Goosebumps the size of mountains.

Claes, you are the man. Take a bow.

This was a perfect post. I agree with you 100%, Es!

I agree. Great post, though it has to be the chorus that needs to be bottled and sold. The chord progression is relentlessly beautiful aching sadness. I can't stop listening, it has captured me in that twirling piano sound, spinning much the same as too much gin might.

Wow, that was a perfect description, really!

It's one of those songs you kind of want to "live in" so you can hear it and see it and smell it ... *sighs*
Undescribably beautiful and sad...
makes me really really wish I still had my piano (had to sell it for the money)...

mishus
mishus Posted Sun 20 Jul, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
i would love to be able to play it on the piano, i have started to working on it now :)

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:05 PM