Travis

Sarah
Moray
Moray Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 9:36 AM Quote
Well, since Get UP seemed to merit its own thread, I'm going all renegade and starting one for Sarah. I'm in love with this song. I love the way the piano drives it along as it lilts away. I love that lyric "I'm not keeping time". Reminds me a little of that Peter Sarstedt song used in Darjeeling Limited. Not sure why! I'm very much enjoying Fran in storytelling mode

Re: Sarah
Esteban
Esteban Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:40 AM Quote
Yep, gave this some hammer in the car this morning. Very very good.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:38 PM Quote
Good idea, Moray. I love "Sarah" as well! I'm moving my post about it to this thread:

"Wow...'Sarah' is beautiful. The piano sounds like one of those music boxes you have when your're a little girl. I love how the lyrics clash with the sweetness of the piano and acoustic guitar...talking about this girl who is lost.

Isn't it crazy that this is a B-Side? God...they are so good."

:)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 1:07 PM Quote
I'm moving my post too :)

Yes Sarah gets my vote too. Can't give that a B at all !

Like Perfect Heaven Space and Sailing Away - under a bushel . Beatles had to do this too though remember - :)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 1:56 PM Quote
I came here to post a thread about the song too

Absolutely gorgeous. I think if art was music, this is pure art. Fran's voice. The lovely piano. Just brilliant! I haven't stopped listening to it. It's so beautiful and sad. The most beautiful Travis song since Indefinitely for me

Thankyou for keeping this one for the fans, since it's not on the album. Just lovely! Thanks Travis :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 1:57 PM Quote
Absolutely! Let's start the campaign to get it on album 7, right here. Who's with me?! :)

Out of all those b sides the band have released, it is certainly in the top 5, probably top 3, maybe number 1! :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 4:37 PM Quote
Oh, it is sooo beautiful...makes me want to cry!

I too, cannot believe this is a b-side!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 5:25 PM Quote
Gorgeous. Piano part makes me ache it's so pretty. And then the lyrics are so sad.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I came here to post a thread about the song too

Absolutely gorgeous. I think if art was music, this is pure art. Fran's voice. The lovely piano. Just brilliant! I haven't stopped listening to it. It's so beautiful and sad. The most beautiful Travis song since Indefinitely for me

Thankyou for keeping this one for the fans, since it's not on the album. Just lovely! Thanks Travis :)

It is just beautiful. Such a fresh sound, I was waiting for a song like this through all of TBWNN and they were all a bit middle-of-the-road, but this is absolutely exceptional. I'm in love with Travis again :D

Yeah, thanks for releasing this now, it's really appreciated!

Sorry Ben, not joining your campaign because I think some songs come along at the wrong time and are destined to be b-sides, just bloody amazing ones. And Sarah is certainly that.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
Well, I think that's a bit weird. Great song. Deserves its place on a Travis album.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Songs aren't destined to be anything. It is a b side. Doesn't mean it should be a b side. Should be an album track, should be a 7th album track.

:)

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
I will repeat as I did on iTunes, this is one of their most mature songs in a long time, maybe ever. Musically and lyrically. There isn't a bit of awkwardness in it as some songs on Boy With No Name had. This songs aches in a wonderful way that I don't think any of their songs have until now. The chorus makes your heart weep. The chord progression is so beautiful. And I agree, the classical piano sound is perfect. the guitar part is like percussion in its simplicity. It would be nice for it to be on the album but if it stays a b-side, it will be one of those that people discover on the side. It will be a quiet and wonderful discovery.

milos
milos Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
I agree with Ben. I don't see why Sarah can't be on the 7th album. Maybe a full-band version? After all, Get Up is a "b-side" on the new EP but it will still be on Ode to J Smith.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
both songs are brilliant!!!
I can't imagine how Ode to J. Smith will be!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 30 Jun, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
milos wrote:
I agree with Ben. I don't see why Sarah can't be on the 7th album. Maybe a full-band version? After all, Get Up is a "b-side" on the new EP but it will still be on Ode to J Smith.

;) Cheers dude. Though I think Sarah is totally perfect as it is. I just think it is a really beautiful track and deserves to be the penultimate track on the 7th album. Yes, I have it all planned out for the guys! Haha. :)

Oh if you want to imagine Ode To J Smith. Just imagine the best Travis album yet. :) Woo!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:16 PM