Travis

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
soniahearttravis wrote:
benfilbert, as a matter of curiosity, you keep referring to the ENTIRE new album. have you somehow heard it already? (this is me waiting with bated breath) if so, do you know when the rest of us will get it? thanks! soniahearttravis

He was at one of the recent club shows where they practiced all of the new songs live.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 9:04 PM Quote
Yeah, unfortunately he (like everyone else) doesn't have any of the studio recordings, so don't get your hopes up too much.
I wonder whether it would be OK with Fran to release the live audio of J Smith now? It might be better to wait, but I'd love to hear it again.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
IMPRESSIVE. What i´m going to say it´s very strong, but.... it could be your best song ever (& the past ones were really amazing... ) My God... What a song!!! Hope to listen to it soon alive. Alive must be ENORMOUS!! NO WORDS!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BAND!!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately he (like everyone else) doesn't have any of the studio recordings, so don't get your hopes up too much.
I wonder whether it would be OK with Fran to release the live audio of J Smith now? It might be better to wait, but I'd love to hear it again.

Fran has said not to do that .I hope you listen to him.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
yulen10 wrote:

The fact is that the cats make difficult to get the song. Maybe there are another reasons.. But anyway... I think you didn´t understand the essence of the question, you did it in a wrong way.

I don't want to turn this into a slanging match, but I was trying to say that it was nice of me to upload it in the first place, don't you think?

Anyway, I have a new link, but I'll PM it to you because I'm meant to be trying to get rid of the links now...

I GOT IT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 04 May, 2008 11:46 PM Quote
Well...
I´m not the typical "pseudo-fan" that say: WOW, travis, all the songs are great!! Nah!

Maybe i will win some enemies more here, but i didn´t like the song at all. I remember when i was at Cambridge, i loved Andy´s guitar, sounds very rocker and cool...

But right now, i was listen J Smith and i didn´t like it. The drumms are amazing, and the lyrics great, but definitely i don´t think thats become to be a favorite one to me.
As i´m a big travis fan, i´m a critic too, and i like critic some songs. I know Travis is fantastic but not all the songs are favorite to us. Some people can like a song and other people can´t like.

I don´t wanna listen again the song, and as i told to Erika, i hope that the Album track comes to be awasome.
Broken Mirror, Chinese blues and Before You Were Young really rules, but as i told, i hope that the final final final version of j smith would to be better.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 2:01 AM Quote
Well, the boardies who've been to the gigs in february say that there's not much difference, except for the choir. So you didn't like the song in the first place when you heard it live?

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 2:21 AM Quote
Heyyy!!! I was going to open a new thread, but there are so many, I don't want to add another one to the collection haha.

A friend told me that a radio station from Buenos Aires played J. Smith a couple of days ago!!! (Es la Rock & Pop, no me acuerdo el dial compatriotas =oP)
She told me that they only played a little part of the song and presented it as "the new song from Travis". I don't know how they got it, maybe someone who works there is a fan! Anyway, I wanted to share this news with the world =o).

dama
dama Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 3:50 AM Quote
;-( buaaa!!! i'm from mexico and i couldn't listen to it why? there is any other site where i can listen to?i need some of help!!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 10:56 AM Quote
Why can't I find this??? I am a moron! :(

All im getting is some woman. ugh!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 11:22 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Check your inbox :)

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 11:34 AM Quote
Lucile wrote:
Peewee wrote:

Check your inbox :)

Haha I thought I was really stupid too when I tried (in vain) to find the song but we're just tooooo late!

Joanna
Joanna Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 11:36 AM Quote
No I didn't, but I've just read it, so I won't :)

EDIT EDIT: Oh, and who said my youtube link would be shite? :) You music puritans are far too fussy!

thought he was a wee bit rude tbh. it's not like he posted the youtube msg on this thread where you were. is everyone expected to read every thread? jeez

question
question Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 11:36 AM Quote
well, maybe i'm stupid too (or maybe just swedish;P), but i can't seem to figure out how to find the song either.. anyone who can help me with that?(:

Lucile
Lucile Posted Mon 05 May, 2008 12:02 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Haha I thought I was really stupid too when I tried (in vain) to find the song but we're just tooooo late!

Hey Debbie, how are you? Did you get the song or do you need me to PM it to you?

Pages Previous 1...13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:30 AM