Travis

J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
akatsukira
akatsukira Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 1:46 AM Quote
I was very pleasantly surprised to hear J Smith on the radio this morning on KCRW's Morning Becomes Electic program. Thought I'd un-lurk and share this with the board; a bit of payback for the wonderful links to bootlegs and You Tube videos I would never have heard otherwise.

If you go to the Morning Becomes Eclectic page, follow through the clicks for a repeat of today's (1st May) show, which launches a pop-up player. J Smith starts at around 40 minutes into the show (just after the new Coldplay single).

My first impressions (if it's not too presumptuous to post them) is that it sounds Queen-ish and very rock. And, naturally, I love it!

Re: J Smith on KCRW Morning Becomes Electic
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 1:52 AM Quote
My god! Really?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 1:58 AM Quote
WHAT?!
*jaw hits the floor*

Thanks so much for telling us this! I need to process it before I'm able to say anything else!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:05 AM Quote
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? ashdgaskjgdckashd hAosiHDoqhx ohadOCHAS;dx *GOES TO LISTEN*

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:07 AM Quote
Absolutely stunned!!!!!!!!!!!! I am absolutely delighted with it!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU TRAVIS!!!!! :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:11 AM Quote
Rock on!!!! OMFG...I love it. It's so different. It is sort of Queen-ish. VERY groovy!

I approve!!!!!

What do y'all think?!!? I'm so excited for this album! Thank you so, so, so much for making your first post a damn good one by giving us the link to "J.Smith"! Looks like it'll be a fall release. Do you guys think this is for sure the first single?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:13 AM Quote
I'm listening again...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I'm so giddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:15 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Rock on!!!! OMFG...I love it. It's so different. It is sort of Queen-ish. VERY groovy!

I approve!!!!!

What do y'all think?!!? I'm so excited for this album! Thank you so, so, so much for making your first post a damn good one by giving us the link to "J.Smith"! Looks like it'll be a fall release. Do you guys think this is for sure the first single?

Wow. I know all the songs very well by having live audio and this is pretty much exactly the same except i didn't expect the choir over the last bit, i expected more over the latin bit. Awesome! I was unsure about it being a single but after hearing it, i really hope it is. It's awesome!!!!! And i think i was right, the second half of the song really does make it into something truely amazing. And l love Franny's "yeh yeh" or whatever before the choir comes in. He did it live and i was hoping he'd do it in the studio... he has! haha. Love you Franny (in a non weird way) :)

Nikki, this album is going to be incredible. :) Woo hoo!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:20 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I approve!!!!!

Wow. I know all the songs very well by having live audio and this is pretty much exactly the same except i didn't expect the choir over the last bit, i expected more over the latin bit. Awesome! I was unsure about it being a single but after hearing it, i really hope it is. It's awesome!!!!! And i think i was right, the second half of the song really does make it into something truely amazing. And l love Franny's "yeh yeh" or whatever before the choir comes in. He did it live and i was hoping he'd do it in the studio... he has! haha. Love you Franny (in a non weird way) :)

Nikki, this album is going to be incredible. :) Woo hoo!

Oh, I know!!!! At first I thought he screams "RIGHT NOW!" but maybe it's "YEH YEH"...whatever it is, it's so rock n roll and I LOVE IT!

*does a little dance* I'm freakin out over here. :D

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:26 AM Quote
asdasda!
I like it!!
it's very RAWWWKK!
yaaaaay!

but... can somebody tell me why does Fran sing like that?! :s

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:30 AM Quote
Thanks so much for posting this, and welcome to the board!!
(it's good that you came out from lurking around :) )

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:35 AM Quote
I think the song is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT! It has all this energy, makes me wanna jump. So rocky and different... it's awesome.

But... why does Fran sing like that?? :oS
Not a big fan of that... It's like he's trying to make it sound deeper?

But now I'm listening to the Coldplay song and Chris Martin's voice sounds like that too... maybe it's the link and not Fran's voice?? It certainly does sound weird...

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:
asdasda!
I like it!!
it's very RAWWWKK!
yaaaaay!

but... can somebody tell me why does Fran sing like that?! :s

I couldn't tell it was him singing the first few seconds of his singing!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? ashdgaskjgdckashd hAosiHDoqhx ohadOCHAS;dx *GOES TO LISTEN*

I can relate to that post! XDDD

Seriously. Andy is a god (I'm listening to it for the ... 4th time?).

I CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN TO THIS SONG LIVE!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 02 May, 2008 2:44 AM Quote
It does sound a bit deeper. I think that's just the range of the song...I like it...especialy when he says "the moon has been cast"...(I think that's what he says). Sounds cool!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:08 AM