Travis

Re: Day 2!!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 3:32 AM Quote
heich wrote:
Finally the album title is official!!!

Now we know the importance and influence of J.Smith as a song on the whole album...so, could it be a single?

Yes, great news about the title. I was scared that it wouldn't be the name and they'd pick a stupid one instead. :)

There are songs on the album a lot less likely to be singles for sure, Broken Mirror and Get Up for example but I think Song To Self is the most single likely song. I think Long Way Down, though short, would make a good single too.

Clow
Clow Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 5:39 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
heysupernova wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Clow wrote:
wow! it seems like something big is coming!
i'm so excited!
fran you're great :D!

Something big is coming! If you like the rockier and more loud guitar side of Travis, you won't be disappointed. :)

I'm quite excited about the rockier side of travis myself :D love loud guitars and drummmssss! thanks fran! (hey clow, good to see you around!)

Be excited. :) I promise you, you'll love it.

:D!, now i'm more excited LoL!! can't wait !
good to see u around too heysupernova (:

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 5:48 AM Quote
I'm quite giddy about this! Thanks for sharing with us Fran!

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 6:50 AM Quote
I love the idea of all the songs being about imaginary people, just another great idea from Travis.

Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 9:20 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Oh, this song seems to be a real mystical one... All parts just clicking to their place, everybody so excited about it AND a beasty guitar solo by Andy in it. Wow! :)

Can't hardly wait for the album now! Or for a leak of it ;)

There's a taster on YouTube... including the end of J Smith. I've got 8 of the songs in full from one if the live gigs. I don't know which one its from but someone sent me them.

hmmm very tempting indeed but not having heard any of the new songs up to now (very unusual for me) I've decided to become a 'new album virgin' and not listen to any of the new songs until the album is out. wonder how long I'm going to last ! lol

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 1:49 PM Quote
There's one good video on Youtube and a few poorer ones. By typing Ode To J Smith you'll get the poor ones. The good one won't come up by searching that. I didn't listen to any songs before the release of The Boy and it was the right decision but I always said I would do it differently this time. With album 7, I'll stay away from them again. I would recommend you stay away, the songs are great so don't worry. :) haha

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
this is reallly exciting.

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
GIVE ME THE ALBUM NOW. YOU HEAR, NOW.

aösldkfjöeoiu!

I'm seriously going to die before they release the whole thing, my heart can't take all this excitement.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 4:01 PM Quote
Soulslug wrote:
I'm seriously going to die before they release the whole thing, my heart can't take all this excitement.

lol, i was thinking that too!

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 4:25 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Soulslug wrote:

lol, i was thinking that too!

Me three ;-)
This blog is one of the best ever! I can feel Fran's excitement as if he was right next to me.. Man, this album is gonna be great!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 08 Apr, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
FranFlower wrote:

Me three ;-)
This blog is one of the best ever! I can feel Fran's excitement as if he was right next to me.. Man, this album is gonna be great!

One of the?! His excitement is soooooo infectious!

Ursina wrote:

hmmm very tempting indeed but not having heard any of the new songs up to now (very unusual for me) I've decided to become a 'new album virgin' and not listen to any of the new songs until the album is out. wonder how long I'm going to last ! lol

I did that for the last album and it was totally worth it, I still remember playing it for the first time all the way through driving room and it sounded amazing, like the band were sitting in the back of the car :) I'm doing it again this time.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 7:43 PM