Oh...and it's a good one. fuck yeah!!

man, i'm getting excited!!

cannot wait to hear J.Smith now!!

Re: Day 2!!
rebekah
rebekah Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
:D
day 2:
wooowowoowowow!! maybe he saw our anxiety and decided to get it out before we decided to cause a riot :)
"...and he swears at the sun and he curses the moon for his shadow" ahhh i love thiss..it is sooo lovely..and natural (if you get me?) i knew it rang a bell..then i remembered it from the back of the programme thing we got at the Travis gig back in Feb...ahh brings back memories..
I can't wait either..i wonder if it will be the first song they relase as a single..hmm

Jennny
Jennny Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:12 PM Quote
--Luke from the Kooks said it was mental. Paul McCartney said it sounded like nothing else we had done.-- What can you say? The lyrics sound incredibly good indeed :) How am I now supposed to study german and philosophy? It all sounds so wonderful!

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
"...and he swears at the sun and he curses the moon for his shadow"
Love that sentence :p

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:17 PM Quote
Thats probably about my favourite blog yet, and really whets the appetite to hear more.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:18 PM Quote
I know all the songs very well, including J Smith. I think the second half of the song, if recorded and mixed well, will make it THE best Travis song EVER. The guitar solo is awesome, Neil's drumming is indeed brilliant and that choir (which I'm surprised Fran didn't mention) is perfect for the Latin bit. I love it. I cannot wait for this album. My most anticipated album of all time and dare I say it, rather sadly, one of the things I've looked forward to most in my life ever!!! Haha. This album is potentially that good.

Oh and I was wrong with the blogs on Wednesday idea- thankfully! Haha.

Awesome x 1,000,000 = Ode To J Smith (we have the confirmation we've been waiting for, great name)

TK23
TK23 Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
Ahhhh, I'm so excited!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
Brilliant blog entry!!! :oD
I'm going to think of it as an unintended birthday present, since my birthday was yesterday and this has made me very very happy. I'm so excited!!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Thats probably about my favourite blog yet, and really whets the appetite to hear more.

I know!

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
Oh, this song seems to be a real mystical one... All parts just clicking to their place, everybody so excited about it AND a beasty guitar solo by Andy in it. Wow! :)

Can't hardly wait for the album now! Or for a leak of it ;)

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Brilliant blog entry!!! :oD
I'm going to think of it as an unintended birthday present, since my birthday was yesterday and this has made me very very happy. I'm so excited!!!!

Oh! A belated happy birthday to you! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Oh, this song seems to be a real mystical one... All parts just clicking to their place, everybody so excited about it AND a beasty guitar solo by Andy in it. Wow! :)

Can't hardly wait for the album now! Or for a leak of it ;)

There's a taster on YouTube... including the end of J Smith. I've got 8 of the songs in full from one if the live gigs. I don't know which one its from but someone sent me them.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 4:56 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

Oh! A belated happy birthday to you! :)

Thank you! :o)

milos
milos Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
I know all the songs very well, including J Smith. I think the second half of the song, if recorded and mixed well, will make it THE best Travis song EVER. The guitar solo is awesome, Neil's drumming is indeed brilliant and that choir (which I'm surprised Fran didn't mention) is perfect for the Latin bit. I love it. I cannot wait for this album. My most anticipated album of all time and dare I say it, rather sadly, one of the things I've looked forward to most in my life ever!!! Haha. This album is potentially that good.

Oh and I was wrong with the blogs on Wednesday idea- thankfully! Haha.

Awesome x 1,000,000 = Ode To J Smith (we have the confirmation we've been waiting for, great name)

I feel the same way. :) Can't wait!!!

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Mon 07 Apr, 2008 5:35 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
There's a taster on YouTube... including the end of J Smith. I've got 8 of the songs in full from one if the live gigs. I don't know which one its from but someone sent me them.

Thanks for the tip! http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/18-ThumbsUp.gif

*whispers*
I never even searched for them, thought they were, you know, removed...
The quality was, politely put, poor, but what i could make out was brilliant! Travis rock again! :D

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:14 PM