Travis

The giggles, anyone?
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
Does anyone else just randomly burst into fits of laughter when nobody has said/done owt?

Right now I'm currently laughing my arse off thinking of drunk people who can't see in the dark (for obvious reasons), tripping over tent ropes (at the camping bit of festivals) and trying to be quiet but obviously waking everyone up. And I laugh even more thinking if this was me!

Sometimes this happens when I am walking down the road, I am just laughing to myself out loud. I don't know if people think I am crazy, or if they realise that I am thinking of something funny, coz I never see anyone else do it!!

Re: The giggles, anyone?
Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
Are you stoned?

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Are you stoned?

Not at all! But I'm still laughing at the tent rope thing.

I nearly majorly got the giggles again on Monday when I was eating a burger in front of the REM Drummer and a big blob of ketchup fell an inch from his foot. I was thinking if it actually had fallon on his shoe what the fuck would I have done?! And that set me off again.

Fuck sake, I don't need drugs do I haha.

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:31 PM Quote
Happens to me more often than I'd care to admit. Especially at inappropriate times (church, meditation time...)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:38 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Happens to me more often than I'd care to admit. Especially at inappropriate times (church, meditation time...)

Oh man, the more silent you have to be the worse it is, always the way!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:41 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

Oh man, the more silent you have to be the worse it is, always the way!

Exactly! I'm so terrible when it comes to random giggles!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:42 PM Quote
I usually get the giggles when I'm tired or extremely frustrated and in a tight spot... which is the worse place where you could get the giggles.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
I get them...and if someone is looking at me strangely, that just sets me off more! :)

Lucile
Lucile Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
That happens to me too. Some words make me laugh - not necessarily the meaning, more often than not it's how they sound that makes me giggle. I don't have to hear them though. Just thinking about them makes me laugh so hard that I get laugh-tears in my eyes.

I also get the giggles almost every Wednesday afternoon when I attend those linguistics seminars. The lecturers are either incredibly boring or completely nuts - my colleague and I always have a hard time containing our laughter.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 27 Mar, 2008 11:00 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I usually get the giggles when I'm tired or extremely frustrated and in a tight spot... which is the worse place where you could get the giggles.

Me too! It happens when I'm really tired. I get all slaphappy and just burst out laughing for no reason and can't stop!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:46 PM