Travis

Travis and you. Where did it all begin?
GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 8:52 PM Quote
My addiction to Travis started in 1999, whilst on holiday, after hearing, "why does it always rain on me", on the car radio.
I then went out and bought my first Travis album, "the man who".
I have been addicted to Travis ever since.

Reading the posts lately, i have noticed that there are a lot of people who have only just discovered Travis.
This is great, because it means the fan base is still growing.

What attracted you to Travis?
And when did you become a fan?

Re: Travis and you. Where did it all begin?
moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 9:18 PM Quote
My Travis addiction started while I was at uni in Nottingham in 1999 - I heard Writing to Reach You on the radio and was instantly hooked! I went and bought the single but The Man Who hadn't been released yet...so I bought Good Feeling to keep me going! I think I played this non-stop up until The Man Who was released, any song from Good Feeling reminds me so vividly of my first year at uni, good times!!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
You might have heard this before, but for the new faces around here, :)

I was in an English classroom at secondary school and our teacher played Driftwood for us to study the 'lyrical devices' (how good the lyrics are) in the song. It got stuck in my head, and I bought TMW, then Singles, then the rest followed on. Joining the board got me really addicted though! :D

neverAcquiesce
neverAcquiesce Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I was in an English classroom at secondary school and our teacher played Driftwood for us to study the 'lyrical devices' (how good the lyrics are) in the song.

Perfect song for that. Driftwood is a work of art.

For me I heard Love Will Come Through on a Jim/Pam fanvid for the American Office and couldn't get the damn song outta my head. Bought Singles. Then everything else.

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 9:52 PM Quote
I heard Flowers in the window on the radio and recorded on a cassette. Listened it all the time. (2002)

Then, talking with a friend about Travis, i started to get more involved. He was already a follower of the band.
When I borrowed him a DVD where Travis played their songs live, I inevitable became a follower more. This, by 2003? or 04.

The maximum: to be in the Festival where they played in Argentina for the firt time

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
I fell in love with SING. Melody & Fran voice. My love increased a lot after listening to the whole THE INVISIBLE BAND & THE MAN WHO ( no words... 10 points).

I´ve just remembered that first time I visited Scotland in 2001 I listened to SING in the radio when I was travelling around the Highlands.. I commented it to my travel mate... " I love this band a lot, I´ve just discovered them, they´re from here"...
At that moment, I´d never have believed I´d travel again to Scotland 6 years later to watch them in the Barrowlands gig & in Aberdeen. Life is amazing...
Well, I have to add that sooner or later (maybe in some years or sooner, who knows) I´ll travel again to Scotland in the most important travel of my life.
Have a good night.

Alisha
Alisha Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 10:45 PM Quote
I think I was the newbie until lost angel got here today :)

I fell for them what looks like a life ago given all the things that has happened in the middle, but actually, on Febryary 7th 2008 in brighton.
My friends took me there as a birthday gift, as I knew Travis before but more like "i know they exist and that's it". shedecided to take me there, just as if it was another present.
well it was in the end, sort of a brand new life altogether!

I was driven away, besides the music, by the way they were connecting to the audience from the stage, they shown to have such an awareness I don't think I've ever seen before in any musician, and that's the thing I value the most, and I think it takes such a conciousness and a wide perspective not to enlarge, but on the contrary, goign against the natural gap that comes in between artists and their fans.
And then they had the flyers around the club, just stuck on the walls saying something like "oh by the way, we're around the club for the afterparty, so if you wanna join us, we're here!"
like, whoever wants to stay gets a meet and greet.
that was it. how can you not fall in love with someone who see and love their fans so much to do such things?
and then I got here, and I saw it all gets just better and better, and the connection with the fans its kept alive all the way they can, the board, the blogs, the pictures.

they're a dream come true, the artist who tries hard and harder to understand and give to his fans.
i couldn't help but falling for them.

Beetlebum82
Beetlebum82 Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 11:18 PM Quote
My first Tavis´s concert was in 99.
I didn´t really know who they were, but my ex-boyfriend gift me the ticket.
The following week I bought the album.

melissa
melissa Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 11:29 PM Quote
In 2001 I listened Sing, I loved it, and then I saw flowers in the window video. Then I listened the Invisible band, and when I was listening the record I began to be a fan!
And now I'm like u!
sorry for my english hope u understand me

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
2001, just become home educated because of bullies. Felt really down one day so went down the high street for some 'retail therapy' before my music lesson. Walked into a stationary shop and heard Side, found out that it was by Travis, bought The Invisible Band and have been hooked for 7 years. Travis also got me into playing my piano as I set myself a target of being able to play Side, which I have now achieved. Next target- Good feeling solo lol.

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 2:49 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Travis also got me into playing my piano as I set myself a target of being able to play Side, which I have now achieved. Next target- Good feeling solo lol.

Lol, I want to play that as well, I don't think I can be bothered working it all out by myself though... Or maybe I can :) Good luck anyway!

I take it being bullied was the best thing that ever happened to you, musically speaking! :D

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 2:51 PM Quote
For me it started all when my good friend Kylie gave me a copy of the "Singles"-Disc.
I started to collect their songs which Kylie sent me and I listened to them from time to time, sometimes I really needed it. That was in May/June 2007.
And in October it was really in need for some songs though (and now I'm ashamed about it) I didn't even know the names of Neil and Andy!!!!
Well, and the concert did the rest... ;)

the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:

And in October it was really in need for some songs though (and now I'm ashamed about it) I didn't even know the names of Neil and Andy!!!!
Well, and the concert did the rest... ;)

Don't worry, I spent ages on here thinking Andy was the drummer, don't know why! :) I don't think anyone noticed... :S :)

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 3:57 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Travis also got me into playing my piano as I set myself a target of being able to play Side, which I have now achieved. Next target- Good feeling solo lol.

Lol, I want to play that as well, I don't think I can be bothered working it all out by myself though... Or maybe I can :) Good luck anyway!

I take it being bullied was the best thing that ever happened to you, musically speaking! :D

Side is really easy once you know how to play it! The Good Feeling solo on the other hand is really hard... Too many octaves to play for my liking but it's going OK so far lol.

I've never really thought about being bullied in that way before but looking at it like that, yeah it worked out alright in the end!
:-)

flc
flc Posted Tue 25 Mar, 2008 9:16 PM Quote
My addiction to Travis started in 2001, with the song : SING.

I was studing for an exam, and i was listening the radio when i heard this gem :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:11 PM