Travis

"Son of Rambow" - Guest Movie Appearance from Travis?
Moray
Moray Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
I picked up a copy of Empire magazine today (Indiana Jones 4 fever has caught me) and was leafing through reading about this film, Son of Rambow. Directed by Garth Jennings of 'Hammer & Tongs' fame. It's a sweet looking wee film about kids who shoot themselves making a Rambo movie on home video cameras in the 80's. Very Spielberg.

Anyway, there's a photo in Empire with the extra's who were appearing as teachers, including Travis, reprising their roles as PE/Science/History/English from the Driftwood video - directed by Hammer & Tongs! Love those guys. (Robbed for best video in the recent poll by the way).

Anyway, just wondered if anyone can shed any light on it?? Was planning on seeing this anyway, even more curious now!

Re:
Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 1:37 PM Quote
Whaaat : D Sounds totally random. Wicked. I wanna know more!

Re:
Moray
Moray Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 1:40 PM Quote
FYI Adam 'Adam & Joe' Buxton and Nigel Godrich are in it too. Along with half of Garth Jennings family.

Re:
FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
I love the Driftwood video, so this should be good fun. I really hope it's true!
Thanks for sharing the info, will have to look for a copy of Empire then :-)

Re:
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
oh i saw the trailer for that film on tuesday night! no travis sighting though. already thought it looked cute now i'll definitely make a point of going to see it. :)

Re: Re:
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 29 Feb, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
oh i saw the trailer for that film on tuesday night! no travis sighting though. already thought it looked cute now i'll definitely make a point of going to see it. :)

So, it´s just a similitude about Driftwood video?

Re:
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 9:04 AM Quote
can you put the photo that they appear?? I'm looking it at empire website and its only the review, no pics in it. will be great see it!!!

Re: Re:
Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Sat 01 Mar, 2008 11:34 AM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
FYI Adam 'Adam & Joe' Buxton and Nigel Godrich are in it too. Along with half of Garth Jennings family.

And apparently the music is by Joby Talbot, famous from yeterday's studio diary.

Re:
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 02 Mar, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
sounds interesting. Any release date?

Re: April 4th
mingsy_sar
mingsy_sar Posted Mon 10 Mar, 2008 10:48 AM Quote
Garth Jennings directed Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's and Travis were involved in the soundtrack for that film. I hope they do the same for Son of Rambow. It's nice to see such loyalty in the cinema industry.

I can't wait to see the film now, roll on April 4th.

Re:
Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:36 PM Quote
I've just seen the ad for the film at the cinema tonight and it looks really good, sweet and funny. I'll be giving it a watch

Re:
emma10
emma10 Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 11:29 AM Quote
Hi
Saw a preview of Son of Rambow yesterday and I can confirm that Travis are in it though only in one scene, don't blink or you'll miss it. Though it's a very funny one!

Have to say that I only saw Dougie and Neil but presume Fran and Andy are also there somewhere (sorry but once I saw Neil couldn't take my eyes off him, he has that effect on me!)

Very good film, would definitely recommend it if you grew up in the 80s!

Re:
Aude
Aude Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
these guys... they are really full of surprise! :)

Re:
Moray
Moray Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Did anyone go see this yet?

Re:
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 24 Mar, 2008 8:35 PM Quote
I have to see it! :)
I dont know how to do the whole quote thingy (Im not so good with computers) but Emma i feel the same bout Neil! :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:39 PM