Travis

Albums or Playlists
paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
When you're listening to music on iTunes or whatever, do you tend to listen to it in playlists, or as whole albums? I've noticed that i normally listen to playlists, as a lot of the music on my computer has been neglected.

For instance, since i got my laptop back at the start of January, Turn is the only track to have been played off The Man Who- as it is in a playlist. But i am now listening to The Man Who album as a whole album.

I just thought it was interesting that i have so many albums on here, yet i don't tend to listen to them as albums.

Re: Albums or Playlists
happy_me
happy_me Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
It depends on my mood really. Sometimes I like to put on a playlist or just play all the music on random just because I'm lazy or undecided about what to hear. Other times I listen to whole albums just because I feel like listening to a particular album. At the moment tho I can't listen to music on the laptop since the speakers are fucked, but I do have my brand new mp3 player that I have most of my music on.

Back in the day I used to just play a playlist a very good friend of mine made for me, and sometimes I just like to put it on to remember the good old days of high school :)

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
I tend to listen to Bands on my puter/mp3 device, or playlists. I have a 'Northern Sounds' playlist which includes loadsa stuff by bands from the Northwest.Also have a Happy Daze, full of upbeat songs I love. But i often just listen to Oasis, all their stuff shuffled all up!

I usually only listen to albums when I am in me bedroom or bathroom (i have a cd player in me bathroom...)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:53 PM Quote
Playlists, I hardly ever listen to whole albums anymore. Or I put my whole library one shuffle.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
I've got a lots of full albums inside my playlists :P
Like... I've got the Travis Playlist with all the songs...
But yeah... If you don't consider my travis playlist with all the albums inside... The playlist, for sure.
I'm not the kind of person who listens all the album of one artist (except for travis)...
Usually i've got one, two, at least three song of an artist :P so...

bara
bara Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:08 PM Quote
mostly full records. only at my mp3 player its mixed.
its just because i havent got iTunes I guess. Hate my PC. -.-

th74
th74 Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:13 PM Quote
It depends on my mood, but I usually listen by Artist and Playlist. I love my Top 25 Playlist, and listen to that a lot. And it's not all Travis songs!

haz
haz Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
i like to create playlists because you'll always have stuff on hand (or should that be on ear?) for whatever mood you're in (e.g. mellow songs, rock songs, non-music related podcasts). don't get me wrong, big fan of the shuffle me, but playlists are definitely the main way i arrange me stuff.

spid
spid Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
i just put the whole thing on SHuffle and skip anything i'm not in the mood for.

nats
nats Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:42 PM Quote
spid wrote:
i just put the whole thing on SHuffle and skip anything i'm not in the mood for.

same here... and sometimes albums

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
My music habits are getting very narrow these days, I just write TRAVIS to my iTunes and press play. I seriously need some new stuff (but whyyyyyy, I have Travis! That's enough right).

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
I've got a few different playlists- one of all my favourite tracks (limited to 5 tracks per artist, so it doesn't just resemble an artist playlist) and i've got a few others too. Today i've mostly been listening to albums though. I find it interesting as to how moods change for that sort of thing, and it seems im not alone in the mood-changing scene

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:13 PM Quote
I do both. I have playlists for certain Mixes, Like halloween or X-mas or whatever. I usually like to have a theme when I make a playlist.

Last year I wrote down every single I heard and liked and kept them in a playlist, I like to listen to that one a lot.

Everytime I buy an album & rip it to my hard drive, I listen to it all the way through. If I like it I listen to it more often. I was all about the National Last year. I think I must've listened to Boxer every day for a month.

Occasionally I shuffle, but not too often anymore.

mili
mili Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
I do both, it's mood dependant.
I have tried to make theme playlists, like weather or cities, but find that Travis B-sides or favourite Travis songs are chosen more often. I like shuffle, too.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I do both. I have playlists for certain Mixes, Like halloween or X-mas or whatever. I usually like to have a theme when I make a playlist.

Last year I wrote down every single I heard and liked and kept them in a playlist, I like to listen to that one a lot.

Everytime I buy an album & rip it to my hard drive, I listen to it all the way through. If I like it I listen to it more often. I was all about the National Last year. I think I must've listened to Boxer every day for a month.

Occasionally I shuffle, but not too often anymore.

See i'd do that- go through phases of just one album, or band. One that stands to memory is The Zutons second album. I hardly listened to anything else from about April to August in 2006!

Today i seem to be in an album mood though. I'm onto The Alternative To Love by Brendan Benson now. Class album!!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:41 PM