Travis

Snow day!
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
Classes are cancelled. The snowflakes are massive
Time for a nap
Good bye.
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v170/148/85/1195200629/n1195200629_30596976_3882.jpg

Re: Snow day!
Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Classes are cancelled. The snowflakes are massive
Time for a nap
Good bye.
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v170/148/85/1195200629/n1195200629_30596976_3882.jpg

Lucky you! I like the pic. We had massive flakes like that the other day and it made me really happy for some reason. :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
Yeah I'm so happy now. I was just lying on my top bunk and something came over the PA in the dorm saying, "Ladies of the quad, ALL classes are cancelled today. I repeat ALL classes are cancelled."

I hopped down from my bed and started running through my hall going, "Hooray!" Classes are cancelled!

mili
mili Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
Good for you!

I never quite understood why everything gets cancelled because of snow. How is it in Canada? Here in Northern Europe everything works and nothing closes, including airports. And there's no such thing as "wrong kind of snow" like in UK (according to British Railways).

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
It makes it hard for people to drive. And they don't want people to get into an accident so they usually call things off. In high school it was a matter of buses being able to get places.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Good for you!

I never quite understood why everything gets cancelled because of snow. How is it in Canada? Here in Northern Europe everything works and nothing closes, including airports. And there's no such thing as "wrong kind of snow" like in UK (according to British Railways).

Here in Italy it's pretty much the same but... Everything is slow with the snow... :P We're not so used to the snow... And it's weird because in the north Italy it snows pretty much every year.
But in the center/south Italy with the snow (of course, with a LOT of snow) everything is closed.

XD Happy you're on holydays now! :P
Try to not fall down of your bed jumping excited, please XD

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
School only gets canceled here if we get over a foot of snow. And even with that, it also depends on how fast it comes. If it's a fast moving storm and just dumps on us, the snowplows can't clear the roads fast enough, making travel unsafe.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
Everyday's a snow day in MN!!! I hate snow, I really do. It's dirty, wet and who likes being cold?! I have a large hill of snow on my lawn...will probably stay there until March or so. Ugh!

I miss Texas...

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Good for you!

yeah, here in Canada snow days dont occure that often, then again, Im in Southern Ontario so its basically the same weather as much of, like, new York State and such. But there is alot of variation (Like Ottawa gets massive amounts of snow and so do the Maritimes)...but every now and then the buses stop when theres a storm or something...though, I can Count the number of Snow days Iv had on one hand.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/steph_canuck/snow2.jpg
I had to take a pic with my phone acouple days ago...it was like Narinia or something!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Great picture Lauren! Enjoy your snow day! Yippy!!!

bara
bara Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:07 PM Quote
nice pictture!
celebrate for me,too :)
i love snow, sadly we havent had enough in my point of view. so throw some snow balls for me, please!
:D

th74
th74 Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:15 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
Everyday's a snow day in MN!!! I hate snow, I really do. It's dirty, wet and who likes being cold?! I have a large hill of snow on my lawn...will probably stay there until March or so. Ugh!

I miss Texas...

As a fellow Minnesotan, I feel you. I was excited to see that because of that warm spell my snow hill is now shorter than I am!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:26 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:

I miss Texas...

For me being from Texas, I enjoy the snow. Only 1 good snow a year though. I just want a day or two to play in it with my son. I have learned this year that sledding can be dangerous though as I hit a bump and killed my butt, hurt for about a week. Yes Carla, you are that old ;)

Lauren - Great pic!

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:32 PM Quote
aw, I'm so jealous! Am yet to see any snow in this part of the UK this winter, we live too far south!! Bah.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Thu 17 Jan, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
nice winter photo, lauren. have a good snow day!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:53 PM