Travis

Re: ABC: American Boardie Convention
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
and is och? oh shoot.
I didnt think it looked Swedish, but you "wrote it" so I just went with it.

Booked a gymnasium? Is there going to be gym class while we are there? Awesome. Floor hockey might make me commit to this now.

And is och, but usually we just say "o" ;)

Hey what do I know, I thought you're all gonna have a big pyamas party or something! I imagined you all gathering around a fire and eating potato chips while singing Before You Were Young.

and this fire is in a gym? Are there a lot of random fires breaking out in Sweden due to indoor gym bonfires?
And the ABC is currently at like...3 or 4 people. I think eating chips can happens around a bathroom stall.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:09 PM Quote
eew...i'm not eating potato chips in a bathroom stall! ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:11 PM Quote
Yeah, I don't want to eat potato chips in the bathroom either. Not that I can AFFORD potato chips now!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:11 PM Quote
Actually I meant a hall were you practice sports =)

And I haven't thought about all the details yet, maybe you can have the fire next to some fire-extinguishers?
Nevermind!

Are you staying at a hotel then?

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

And I haven't thought about all the details yet, maybe you can have the fire next to some fire-extinguishers?
Nevermind!

what, why would they book a hall to practice sports when they meet for a travis gig? ;P
I thought you meant if they booked a hall in a school to stay over night or something, I heard you can do that in some places *lol*

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:16 PM Quote
Just bought my tickets for Seattle. I'm still hoping to go to Chicago. Anyone know how long the presale is for Chicago?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
This thread officially makes me sad :(

Wish I could be joining you all...

Ashley join me instead....at the pity party.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Just bought my tickets for Seattle. I'm still hoping to go to Chicago. Anyone know how long the presale is for Chicago?

Friday at 10:00 PM CST

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:24 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:
ashleyb wrote:
This thread officially makes me sad :(

Wish I could be joining you all...

Ashley join me instead....at the pity party.

Well now, doesn't that sound like fun?

But this seriously sucks. Not only do I not get to go to the ABC, but I don't get to go to any show. Woe is me!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:26 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Nevermind!

what, why would they book a hall to practice sports when they meet for a travis gig? ;P
I thought you meant if they booked a hall in a school to stay over night or something, I heard you can do that in some places *lol*

They don't need to pracitice any sports, just sleep in it :)

th74
th74 Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 6:45 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
th74 wrote:
I won't be making it, either. And Chicago is so close to me! I will be hosting a bridal shower on the day of the show.

I will be sick with envy and sadness since I won't be there. I will have to console myself with the fact that I will see Travis the day before here in MN.

Nooooooooo!!!

My suggestion:

1) host your shower
2) jump on a plane
3) be there in time for the show
4) have a great Sunday with us
5) go back

Great suggestion! Alas it is a "Couples" shower for a friend who now lives our of state, so we are having a party in the evening. Don't think I didn't think for a very split second on how I could get out of it. The shower will be fun.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 7:08 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
th74 wrote:
I won't be making it, either. And Chicago is so close to me! I will be hosting a bridal shower on the day of the show.

I will be sick with envy and sadness since I won't be there. I will have to console myself with the fact that I will see Travis the day before here in MN.

Nooooooooo!!!

My suggestion:

1) host your shower
2) jump on a plane
3) be there in time for the show
4) have a great Sunday with us
5) go back

Great suggestion! Alas it is a "Couples" shower for a friend who now lives our of state, so we are having a party in the evening. Don't think I didn't think for a very split second on how I could get out of it. The shower will be fun.

No, the shower won't be fun. Pull a Brady Brunch and change the date. "Something suddenly came up!"

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:24 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
it's an internet presale Kayte. But i got it now, so no worries.

Ric, with TM's stupid ticket charges it came out to $50.10.
The ticket itself was $34. I noticed the NY show was $37, so...assuming US ticketmaster charges are about the same, it should work out to something similar. Canadian/US dollar is comparable. Off by about 10 cents to the dollar so yours might be a few dollars cheaper.

Are you kidding me???? The surcharges are almost as much as the ticket!! That's unbelievable and just WRONG!

wow...that's expensive with all of the ticket charges! I have to get plane tickets and a hotel too...eek! I'm scared of what the final cost of this trip will be for me. If I see them in Chicago, I'm def. going to see them in MN with Mary too...ouch!

Hey Sandy! I can buy the tix in MN directly from the fine line to save on the extra charges.

Hope to see you. You can meet my daughter one of the youngest Travis fans. :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 9:38 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

I hope you can come!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 04 Feb, 2009 10:01 PM Quote
craftycathy wrote:

Hey Sandy! I can buy the tix in MN directly from the fine line to save on the extra charges.

Hope to see you. You can meet my daughter one of the youngest Travis fans. :)

Oh, hey Cathy!! I can't wait to meet her! I figured you'd be able to make it, yay! Will it be just us girls again? How fun!

Pages Previous 1...50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:15 AM