Travis

The World's Worst Songs
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 5:34 PM Quote
Let's see if we can lure the lurkers out of hiding with an emotional topic. Like, um, song hatred.

What song do you hate so much that you want to throw bricks at the radio every time it comes on?

For me it's "I Shot the Sheriff." I hay-hay-hate that song. I don't care what version it is. Hate. Pure to the bone hate.

Re: The World's Worst Songs
Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 6:28 PM Quote
I can't think of a specific song in English right now (although I'm sure there are some that I really hate) but there's a whole bunch of French songs that I can't stand - they're the reason why I stopped listening to the radio. I could name them but the titles probably wouldn't ring a bell.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:08 PM Quote
Lucile wrote:
I can't think of a specific song in English right now (although I'm sure there are some that I really hate) but there's a whole bunch of French songs that I can't stand - they're the reason why I stopped listening to the radio. I could name them but the titles probably wouldn't ring a bell.

I know three songs in French.
1. Frere Jacques
2. Aux Champ-Elysees (Our teacher made us sing it in class)
3. Dominique
Oh, wait, make that 4!
4. Michelle (Of course, before I knew it was French, I used to think they were saying something like "Sunday monkey don't play piano song, play piano song."

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:33 PM Quote
I know a French song! Well, it was an educational tape that we had at school when we were about 11. It went: *clears throat and begins to sing*
'Quelle est la date de ton anniversaire?
Quelle est la date de ton anniversaire?'

... and continued in much the same way for quite some time before finishing.

isma
isma Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:40 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Lucile wrote:

1. Frere Jacques
3. Dominique
Oh, wait, make that 4!
4. Michelle (Of course, before I knew it was French, I used to think they were saying something like "Sunday monkey don't play piano song, play piano song."

Frere Jacques is a Child's Song! Hehe ;-)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
Hard one as some are annoying but actually are sentimental when heard yaers later .

Hmm Delilah by Tom Jones springs to mind.....

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:44 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I know a French song! Well, it was an educational tape that we had at school when we were about 11. It went: *clears throat and begins to sing*
'Quelle est la date de ton anniversaire?
Quelle est la date de ton anniversaire?'

... and continued in much the same way for quite some time before finishing.

Le quinze mars! Et tu?

Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 8:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

1. Frere Jacques
3. Dominique
Oh, wait, make that 4!

Those weren't the ones I had in mind even though, now that you mention it, I find that Champs-Elysées song really annoying and I'll most likely turn off the radio if I ever hear it. I like your interpretation of the French bit in Michelle! ;)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 10:35 PM Quote
I tend to not listen to the radio anymore so as to avoid any potential brick throwing situations. There are, unfortunately, no good stations around here.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
I try to force shitty songs outta my mind but anything by Night Ranger & journey , except for the SpacemaZn song ,SUCK !

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 06 Nov, 2007 11:26 PM Quote
This one goes out to weirdmommy:
I heard Nickleback's "Rockstar" on the radio the other day for the first time. Needless to say it scared me from turning on the radio for a few weeks.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 07 Nov, 2007 12:21 AM Quote
I want to play but this stupid board still isn't working for me. My top two most hated songs are:

Last Kiss -- it's an old song, I don't know who did the original but Pearl Jam covered it and much to my chagrin it garnered quite a bit of radio airplay. I hated it as an oldie and I still hate it even more now.

All I want to do is make love to you by Heart

Here is a description of the lyrics from Wikipedia:

The song is a mid-tempo pop/rock number which caused a minor controversy because of its lyrics. In the track, singer Ann Wilson sings of a one-night stand with a man, only to reveal later in the song that her intent all along was to use the encounter as a reason to become pregnant. The lyrics explain later, when Wilson reunites with the one-time lover, that her child is the result of their tryst and she did it only because the man she really loves is not able to give her children.

YUCK. It's like a bad soap opera. I repeat: YUCK!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 07 Nov, 2007 12:53 AM Quote
None of you can top " NIGHT RANGER " !

nats
nats Posted Wed 07 Nov, 2007 3:18 AM Quote
isma wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Lucile wrote:

1. Frere Jacques
3. Dominique
Oh, wait, make that 4!

Frere Jacques is a Child's Song! Hehe ;-)

I know that song!!! LOL i used to sing it when i was a child... i still dont know what it says :D

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 07 Nov, 2007 3:32 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I try to force shitty songs outta my mind but anything by Night Ranger & journey , except for the SpacemaZn song ,SUCK !

I must agree, Journey has to be the worst band ever. Can't think of anything by Night Ranger other than Sister Christian and that just makes me laugh cos all I can think of is Boogie Nights :)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:53 AM