Travis

Proof the the Travis message board is the place to be!
bullyweeben
bullyweeben Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:14 AM Quote
I joined the Damien Rice message board yesterday as i was going to the gig in Glasgow, (which was awsome by the way) so i could find out about start time etc. just thought i'd ask the other fans if they knew anything, like we all do on this message board, you know, to help our fellow Travis fans out! with my first post, i was met with this reply

"in my best tone Are Ye Retarded??????????????
Figure it out ye arsehole!!!"

I then proceeded (thats not spelled right) to see what other people say to each other, and the response i got is kinda the norm! i was shocked!
I'll think i'll stay here in future, where i'm safe!
Anyone here on the Damien Rice board? Why is it so aggresive?

Re: Proof the the Travis message board is the place to be!
monkey
monkey Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:17 AM Quote
damn that was HARSH

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:19 AM Quote
Yikes! And I thought it was gettin' bad up in here! lol! Sorry they were so rude :/ Yeah, best to stay in Travisland... :D

bullyweeben
bullyweeben Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:27 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
damn that was HARSH

Thats what i thought, but people backed him up!!!!
i was only askin a question!
Scarey place! and Damien Rice's music is so mellow aswell, i thought it would be nice people on his board!

nats
nats Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 2:32 AM Quote
bullyweeben wrote:

good to know this is his/her best tone O.O

we are nicer here ;D

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:10 AM Quote
Quote:

Damn, what was his handle, Captain Uberdouche? Geez.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:17 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
Damn, what was his handle, Captain Uberdouche? Geez.

LMAO!!! I love it!!

Yeah, that is ridiculous!! Shouldn't a fan message board be a place to get info and tips?

I'll see your Captain Uberdouche and add my personal fav: ASSHAT

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:20 AM Quote
Hmm, well that's not good. I lurk at the eskimofriends forum (a damo fansite), and they don't seem that mean. Maybe I'm just not there enough to notice, or maybe it's just the official site where the jerks are?

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:48 AM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Hmm, well that's not good. I lurk at the eskimofriends forum (a damo fansite), and they don't seem that mean. Maybe I'm just not there enough to notice, or maybe it's just the official site where the jerks are?

I usually find Fansites are more friendly as a rule, this place is different in that respect.

Quote:

I'll see your Captain Uberdouche and add my personal fav: ASSHAT

We Can Compromise: Captain Uberdouche McAsshat?

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 4:58 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I usually find Fansites are more friendly as a rule, this place is different in that respect.

That's a good point. Fansites usually are much more, er, fan friendly.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 5:19 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
We Can Compromise: Captain Uberdouche McAsshat?

Dakota, you are a genius. That is one hell of an insult. Good work my friend. good work.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 6:32 AM Quote
No more complaints on this board then! Thanks for your post.

mili
mili Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 8:02 AM Quote
I saw an interview with Tuomas Holopainen, keyboard player/song writer of Nightwish, where he said he doesn't read their fanpage, because he's too sensitive, doesn't want to be upset.

heyjude
heyjude Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 8:43 AM Quote
bullyweeben wrote:

Hello bullyweeben,

Nice to see a fellow Damo fan here on the Travis forum :-) I agree with you that this forum has nice and helpful people. I've been a Travis fan for a while now, but have only recently joined here.

There are two Damien Rice forums and I'm a member of both. The forum on Damo's official website has regular posters that all know each other. They don't tolerate people who ask questions without searching through the threads first. Before I posted there, I lurked around for a while and searched the threads, and so far have logged out of the forum, each time, unscathed. Those folks set the tone for that forum because it's unmoderated, I think. I know it's a bit of work to have to search first... and it shouldn't really have to be that way :-(

As already mentioned by ashleyb above, the eskimofriends.com forum is nicer. That one, I believe, is moderated and has set rules with regards to foul language, etc. Hope to also see you at Eskimo Friends board!

Cheers.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 06 Oct, 2007 12:20 PM Quote
bullyweeben wrote:
I joined the Damien Rice message board yesterday as i was going to the gig in Glasgow, (which was awsome by the way) so i could find out about start time etc. just thought i'd ask the other fans if they knew anything, like we all do on this message board, you know, to help our fellow Travis fans out! with my first post, i was met with this reply

I then proceeded (thats not spelled right) to see what other people say to each other, and the response i got is kinda the norm! i was shocked!
I'll think i'll stay here in future, where i'm safe!

First of all, it doesn't prove that the Travis board is the place to be, it only proves the Damian Rice board isn't

Secondly... What the fuck do you expect?? Damian Rice is the king of meidocre, insipid, uninspired songwriting the man wouldn't know talent if it bit him on the arse the only reason anyone listens to the fecker is the "Irish Connection" which is horseshit, you wanna listen to decent Irish artists?? try Shane MacGowan (can't sing to save his toothless life but his writing is fucking amazing) Sinead O'Connor (a deeply troubled and sometimes makes bad decisions but a beautiful voice, Mandinka is one of the most amazing songs I have ever heard) Cara Dillon ( a young amazing folk singer) Paul Brady, Christy Moore (if you can avoid the celtic jersey wearing plastic paddies that spoil all his UK gigs by talking through any song that isn't secterean or they don't recognise)

Dubz

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:00 AM