Travis

Re: Did Travis screw it up releasing 12 Memories?
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 4:01 AM Quote
I never understood why 12 Memories got such a strange reaction. Is all of their music supposed to sound the same? That would be boring. Bands are supposed to evolve. Obviously it all has that "Travis sound" but 12 Memories I think was the right album at the right time. It's dark and deep and moody and I freakin' love it. Every one of their albums is special to me and means something different to me.

Does anyone else find themselves listening to certain Travis albums during a particular season? I listen to The Man Who more in the Fall, 12 Memories is a Winter album for me and the other three are Spring and Summer albums. :) Of course I listen to all of them all the time, but I find myself picking those up more during those seasons.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 4:07 AM Quote
Yulia Nox wrote:

I'm still impressed by Neil's face:

http://i18.tinypic.com/4u1o0mo.jpg

xD
Never saw him that wild before xD

I've just killed my husband!
That's alright Shelia! Let's get yer into bed.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 4:15 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:

I'm still impressed by Neil's face:

http://i18.tinypic.com/4u1o0mo.jpg

xD
Never saw him that wild before xD

I've just killed my husband!
That's alright Shelia! Let's get yer into bed.

haha andy's face looks like "i want you sheila! and i want you right now!!" lol

Soulslug
Soulslug Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 8:24 AM Quote
I agree with almost everyone here. 12 Memories is an important album which showed a bit different Travis, and I don't think it even needs my defence.
I love all the albums quite equally, but 12 Memories gives me chills more than others. I tried to list some of my favourite songs from it, but I realized that'd be stupid since every one of them would end up there.

martina
martina Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 6:05 PM Quote
12 Memories is my favourite album... it's less of an easy listening than the previous albums and that's why it was less successful in my opinion - not because it wasn't as good.

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 6:18 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Rain on the brain wrote:
12mem is my favourite album, Quicksand, peace, somewhere else, happy to hang around are just some of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard. And paperclips although a lot of people don't like it, that's one of the special songs with a particular place in my heart

I really love paperclips too. It's a beautiful song.

That's wonderful. Why do you love it, what do you love about it?

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 6:45 PM Quote
Quote :That's wonderful. Why do you love it, what do you love about it? [/quote]

I love the movement of the song , it has more meaning than music.I like its place in the album itself.It adds to the atmosphere. Its eery .Its warm and its cold .Its not a filler.12 Memories wouldn't be the same without it!

Why Does It Always Payne On Me
Why Does It Always Payne On Me Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 9:43 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:
http://i14.tinypic.com/4kuk8c1.jpg

SHELIA! YER DAFT COW!

GOTTA GET THE BLOODY BASTARD!

SHELIA! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL YER THINK YER DOING?! WHO IS THIS BLOODY CHARLIE!?
HE'S THE MILKMAN! I ORDERED YOGHURT!

Sorry, I had to. :)

THAT VIDEO BROKE MY MIND.

BROKE IT.

YEH COW!

YEH DICK.

YEH COW!

...etc etc. Gahhh my brain.

champagnesupernova
champagnesupernova Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:50 PM Quote
So, yet another discussion about 12 Memories which means it's time for my cue to rave about it sincerely! ;-)

Being the least commercial, bravest, darkest and most sensitive Travis album, 12 Memories is my favorite. One of my all time favorite records as well. I love ANYTHING about 12 Memories. A maturing band who are not swimming in the sea of commercial worries while speaking out their hearts on the politic state of world. Also blending all these sincere thoughts with a splendid love ballad, with some tunes concerning earthly- daily personal expressions.. Years will pass and 12 Memories will be mentioned as a prestige album for Travis IMHO. I am truly proud of Travis (my favorite band EVER!!) for undersigning such musical fest!

From another perspective, everyone is entitled to their opininon, so I do respect people who dislike this album. But just want to say you can't expect bands having come to a standstill while you're expecting them to excel themselves in the meantime. You can't expect them to release happy singles for happy minds all the time...

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
Why Does It Always Payne On Me wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yulia Nox wrote:
http://i14.tinypic.com/4kuk8c1.jpg

SHELIA! YER DAFT COW!

GOTTA GET THE BLOODY BASTARD!

SHELIA! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL YER THINK YER DOING?! WHO IS THIS BLOODY CHARLIE!?
HE'S THE MILKMAN! I ORDERED YOGHURT!

Sorry, I had to. :)

THAT VIDEO BROKE MY MIND.

BROKE IT.

YEH COW!

YEH DICK.

YEH COW!

...etc etc. Gahhh my brain.

Dungies!

Tee!

Dungies!

Tee!

Dungies!

Bloody... Tee!

Trevis
Trevis Posted Thu 16 Aug, 2007 11:41 PM Quote
I just have to say that I listened to all Travis' tracks, all Travis' songs, all b-sides, and my favourite album is 12 memories. I prefer a band a bit darker and rocker, so I love this album and all the songs like Peace the fuck out, Mid-life krysis or Happy to hang around. It doesn't mean I donĀ“t like balad or happy songs, but a entire album of them it's a little boring to me: that's because my least favourite is The invisible band.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 9:29 PM