Travis

do you have alot of friends......
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 7:47 PM Quote
......are a few really really great friends???

Re: do you have alot of friends......
Hanne
Hanne Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:00 PM Quote
I would say that I have one best friend, some friends who are almost as close, and then obviously friends that I get along with well, but they're not people that I would confide everything in.

And yourself? What brought on this question?

EDIT: I wrote 'one best friends'. Now that this has been corrected, I better start revising the English grammar I learned once, ahem.

feri
feri Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
few really really great friends. Maybe it's cuz I'm not that outgoing!

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:01 PM Quote
i guess its better to have a few really good friends than loads of acquaintances

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:09 PM Quote
Same as Hanne, I have a few really close friends, the rest of them are acquaintances. And I agree with Kim, it's best to have few very good friends and know they'll be there for you if you need them than lots of not so close friends who don't really care about you.

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:23 PM Quote
don't have time for friendships

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:27 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:

aren't we your friends then

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:28 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:

aren't we your friends then

no

Frenchygirl
Frenchygirl Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:32 PM Quote
I used to think i had some very close friends (3-4) but my best friend that I know since i'm 4 is giving me up!

You know the song "don't speak" by No Doubt? It's exactly what's happening with my best friend!

I'm asking myself is friendship is something real..

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 22 Jul, 2007 11:29 PM Quote
I keep my enemies closer ;)

Not that i have any, lol. To answer the question, i do have a lot of people i'd call friends, but only a few that i'd call close friends

cosmic
cosmic Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 12:05 AM Quote
erm, I have quite a few acquaintances and one or two best pals ... there's a lot of pals i had that I lost touch with just cos of how our lives have moved on. in saying that it takes a lot for me to trust someone and if i get hurt, i get really hurt. I had 2 pals who really hurt me last year, the worst of it was one of them was really sorry for what they did, the other just didn't care and was too wrapped up in herself to bother and then didn't get why I was so upset. Strangely enough we don't speak no more and for the tirade I got from her, who can blame me?

Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 9:52 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
I would say that I have one best friend, some friends who are almost as close, and then obviously friends that I get along with well, but they're not people that I would confide everything in.

And yourself? What brought on this question?

EDIT: I wrote 'one best friends'. Now that this has been corrected, I better start revising the English grammar I learned once, ahem.

i have 1 really good friend and some friends there good friends and alot of other friends, just wondered how many friends other people have :P

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 12:22 PM Quote
I have friends I am closer to than others, but I wouldnt call them my CLOSE friends. My good friends yes.
My friends either want to be me, use me or if i DO feel really close to em, they don't feel the same back. I mean there are some normal ones, but they ain't as close as some people's friendships.

Which is why I don't mind going out by myself. You don't have to look after anyone that way either haha.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 12:48 PM Quote
Dutchgirl wrote:

i have 1 really good friend and some friends there good friends and alot of other friends, just wondered how many friends other people have :P

A lot like me then :o) My best friend probably knows me better than anyone, in some cases even better than my family. She knows what I mean without me having to say it. Sometimes it's actually scary when she replies to a question that I haven't even asked her. Like some time ago, I said "by the way, what..." and she replied immediately, even though I just changed the subject completely but never actually asked her anything.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 23 Jul, 2007 1:11 PM Quote
i have a few good friends, when you don't like going down the pub or a club every weekend it doesn't make you very popular

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:23 PM