Travis

Too good to play
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:16 PM Quote
Do you have a Travis track that you can't play without some serious anticipation.By that I mean too good just to play randomly.

Mine is 'Perfect Heaven Space' - I just have to give this track the credit it deserves and savour the moments - this is no background track. Trouble is I haven't sorted it away from the TBWNN so I can't replay without listening to 2 other tracks .I'm just wondering if that was a deliberate move to make it even more sacred . If it was it worked with me !

Re: Too good to play
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 5:23 AM Quote
I know what you mean. ;) Hmm... I guess Quite Free has become that sort of song for me. Actually sometimes I get to it on the CD and stop it before it starts because I don't want to ruin it by having it on while someone is walking around the room or whatever. It's special, and deserves to be listened in the dark with no interruptions! :) Geek power! :P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 6:48 AM Quote
I think most of Travis' sad songs are like that for me. I agree with "Perfect Heaven Space" being that type of song that is best listened to while alone, so you can really appreciate it. I like to listen to "You Bring Me Down" when I'm driving alone in my car at night, and also "Some Sad Song".

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 10:47 AM Quote
For me it's quite the opposite, the songs that must be listened to with my full concentration and focus are Turn, Selfish Jean, Eyes Wide Open, Side etc. (Even though I like to sing along sometimes). However there are some slow ones in there as well, I just can't recall them right now...

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 3:16 PM Quote
Most Travis songs to be honest, but I'd say the more soulful/quieter ones in particular. Slideshow and More Than Us to name a couple.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
Last Train, among a couple others. This one has to be listened to in the middle of the night. Just perfect.

leticia
leticia Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 11:57 PM Quote
I know what you mean! Indefinitely and Song to Self : )

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 11:58 PM Quote
not to piss on anyones prade but i cant stand Perfect heavan space. but in terms of Tracks that deserve attention i think its Humpty Dumpty Love Song , Slide Show Last Train and Indefinatly for me.........also as soon as i listen to chinese blues i need to listen to the rest of Ode i was late for uni one day as my journey didnt quite fit in the last few tracks so i walked round the place until the end lol

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 12:27 AM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
i was late for uni one day as my journey didnt quite fit in the last few tracks so i walked round the place until the end lol

Thats cool :)

I have driven around the block rather than arrive home and have to stop in the drive with a track half finished . Theres something about sitting in a car immobile in the driveway that doesn't feel quite right when you are in orbit, not to mention my awful singing lol

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 2:09 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Most Travis songs to be honest, but I'd say the more soulful/quieter ones in particular.

my thoughts exactly :)
but, in my case, if I have to name some of them: Indefinitely, Last train and Humpty dumpty... by the moment :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 2:27 AM Quote
I think mine would probably be Humpty Dumpty Love Song and As You Are.

daytimeoyster
daytimeoyster Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 11:27 AM Quote
whenever i feel like something REALLY special, say when i'm really really upset, Writing to Reach You is definitely the one.

i think Perfect Heaven Space is a powerful song
it's like magic

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 2:40 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Most Travis songs to be honest, but I'd say the more soulful/quieter ones in particular. Slideshow and More Than Us to name a couple.

I completely agree.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 23 Sep, 2009 12:26 AM Quote
For me it's only Sarah, what an amazing song (it's partly because of the panned piano and guitar so you have to listen through earphones).
Generally I'm on my own when I play music anyway so it's not too much of a problem. I try not to elevate songs to the too-good-to-play level because once they're up there they can't come down and there aren't many songs that I'll never ever get tired of.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:42 PM