Travis

Shock News! Travis get publicity!!!
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 5:14 PM Quote
Have you listened to The Man Who until it actually leaks out of your ears when you shake your head? Yep, me too but I'll still be listening tomorrow night when the good folk of Absolute Radio will be playing Travis' greatest album in full!!! (yes, this situation does necessitate irritating bold phrases)

It's not often you hear your favourite album played out on the radio, so tune in at 11pm UK time :)

PS. Fran is appearing on Radio 2 in early September as they (the radio people) are doing some things around Hadrian's Wall. Stay tuned for more details on that.

PPS. I heard WDIAROM on local radio yesterday. Could this be the start of a Travis resurgence?!

Re: Shock News! Travis get publicity!!!
leticia
leticia Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 5:33 PM Quote
Yay!! That's agreat news : ) I'll listen to it...I love Absolute Radio!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 6:18 PM Quote
Ooh this is rather special, I'll tune in. I hope there's some kind of commentary or something about the album/tracks too.

I find it quite funny that they've got Fran in to talk about Hadrian's Wall presumably just because he's Scottish. xD I'm sure he'll be as insightful as ever though. :)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 8:25 PM Quote
Hey that's something!

and as for Hadrians wall ....:)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 9:30 PM Quote

I burst into laughter when I read this thread's title! xD
It's really cool that they're playing the whole album. I wonder why they decided to do it!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
OMG! This is surreal! hahaha
Lately I've been listening to absolute radio (specially at night and early morning) and only could listen 3 or 4 songs, a real shame.

Travis: absolute album
awwwww
I love Ben Jones!

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:29 PM Quote
Thank you for the information! I'll tune it! :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:03 AM Quote
hahahaha, the title thread made my day! hahaha.
Good to hear this, i'm gona hear it too :)

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:41 AM Quote
*in shock* :oO

Wow, that's great. It's a pity I won't be able to listen to it :o(. I have a class at that time.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 10:55 AM Quote
Great news, but it kinda disturbs me that they have to dig out a 10 year old album to give Travis some publicity. Yeah I know it's a classic album and all of that, but c'mon Ode is great too, isn't it?

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:35 PM Quote
I was just about to post the same thing. I love Absolute Radio, the only radio station that I don't have to skip tracks mostly and plays tracks in my taste, with a large percentage of tracks on my ipod.

You're right, I would much prefer them to be playing the Ode To J. Smith or more recent tracks, but it's great that they are playing the whole of The Man Who! What other radio station would do that?

They might get a few requests to play the new songs as well, perhaps if we all requested them tonight? For instance, Song To Self, or an album track even, like Before You Were Young, as they do play album tracks too.

Maybe even the older Travis fans that have lost their way will tune in too and think to check out the new stuff.

Well done Absolute Radio! :)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 4:53 PM Quote
I might add that Driftwood and Writing To Reach You have already been played today if you search here, I heard them earlier on Absolute Radio:-

http://www.last.fm/user/absoluteradio/tracks?page=1

:)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 24 Aug, 2009 7:41 PM Quote
I hope they'll talk about it a bit but don't be disappointed if it's only a few sentences. Does anyone want to go on the chat while it's playing, talk about the tracks and (more likely) random other stuff?

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Tue 25 Aug, 2009 12:00 AM Quote
Well I caught most of it, although missed the start. They said they "played The Man Who in its entirety", but as I suspected they missed out a very important track at the end. ;)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 25 Aug, 2009 1:00 AM Quote
I enjoyed it very much
I was repeting myself "is not my playlist, is the radio!!!" haha

the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
I hope they'll talk about it a bit but don't be disappointed if it's only a few sentences. Does anyone want to go on the chat while it's playing, talk about the tracks and (more likely) random other stuff?

actually were just sentences, something like "The Man Who is a classic album" "They're a underrated band" etc etc (and remembered the climatic miracle at Glastonbury, of course)

(chat would have been a great idea)

Typing to Reach You wrote:
They said they "played The Man Who in its entirety", but as I suspected they missed out a very important track at the end. ;)

hahaha
true, a very important one (I had a little hope it would be included)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:29 AM