Travis

facebook
dee
dee Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 4:41 PM Quote
my dad made me friend him...spent frantic last hour deleting and untagging...
any other people connected to their parents in such a manner?

Re: facebook
mili
mili Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 5:13 PM Quote
Luckily my mum has the sense of not adding me. I have her little sister, though, but she's only 10 years older than me.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
Luckily, my parents don't know what is Facebook xD!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 5:35 PM Quote
No, but I've pro-actively "blocked" my in-laws from seeing me on Facebook. They're the reason I stopped blogging. I couldn't be open and speak my mind.

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 5:47 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:

Bless us..me too!!
Thank god my parents are not tech_y at all and would never find out what Facebook is;D

velouria
velouria Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 6:16 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:

Bless us..me too!!
Thank god my parents are not tech_y at all and would never find out what Facebook is;D

Haha. Same situation, although I tried to teach my parents how to work the computer once but that was an utter failure. They just couldn't grasp the concept of the mouse and "double-clicking."

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 6:37 PM Quote
My parents don't know how to use a computer lmao.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
Ha ha!! My mom is on there but not my dad. It did sort of cross my mind but I figured my life is pretty tame and even if she sees something crazy too bad.

Of course when I was mad at her a few weeks ago I couldn't bad mouth her on there. That was a bit disappointing.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 6:51 PM Quote
dee wrote:
my dad made me friend him...spent frantic last hour deleting and untagging...
any other people connected to their parents in such a manner?

I had exactly the same experience with my mother about 3 months ago. Not healthy!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 7:06 PM Quote
My parents aren't on Facebook, thank goodness. One of my dad's cousins is on FB and I have her added as a friend. She's in her mid-40s. I told my mom she was on FB and she said it's "weird." LOL.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 7:43 PM Quote
My parents aren't on there, but a couple of my aunts are. I don't have to watch what I put on there because they are usually crazier than me:)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 8:07 PM Quote
My parents aren't on facebook, but I have a few relatives on there. I really don't care if they see what I'm up to, I have nothing to hide from them :) They know I'm crazy and they've learn to live with that...

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 9:10 PM Quote
My dad is on FB. He's pretty tech savvy as he does computer/internet/IT stuff for his work. When he first requested to be my friend, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Still am not so sure how I feel. Kind of weird to have him cross into that world. I didn't feel I could ignore him though especially since my sisters are on FB and friends with him. I have aunts and uncles on there as well. The worst part was when my dad started putting all of these old photos of me and my sisters up and tagging us. I had to tell him to knock it off (In a nice way of course.) Some of those pics are embarrassing! Some of you who are my friends have probably seen them! For the most part it is fine though.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 11:54 PM Quote
My parents are both on facebook! My mom doesn't know what the hell she's doing though. I'm sure she isn't even aware that she's on it because my sis set up her account...My dad already knows where my possibly objectionable materials are. *rolls eyes to the ceiling* I just don't think they're interested enough to actually read my notes section on facebook and follow the links to my actual projects / blog entries.

Besides, my website is for publicly consumable writing/art projects/entertainment musings/recaps etc... anyway. Still don't think they'd make it past my first paragraph anyways, I'm sure ya'll have stopped reading this rambly ramble by now. Hehe ;)

In any case...any actual real life rantings about job/family is safely contained under a Friends lock over on Livejournal where nobody who I don't want to see it can see it. :D

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:25 PM