Travis

Re: Comedians
Moray
Moray Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Bill Bailey is my favourite comedian. I went to see 'Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra' in October and it was absolutely fantastic (one of the best parts was when the orchestra played a cockney versions of classical music- It was awesome!) Definitely one to look up on youtube lol

I'll Second Bill Bailey, I have a box set of his first 3 Tours, Part Troll, Bewildered & Cosmic Jam, very funny ad a very talented musician also.

Dubz

Totally, he really is an awesome musician!

My favourite Bill Bailey music one was his take off of U2, where he played with masses of delay, so much so it sounded like an awesome tune and just like the edge. And then when he took the effects pedal off it turned out he was playing "Pop goes the weasel"

The other one I remember was his explanation of how the Bill theme tune had moved from an awesome cool 5/4 syncopated rythmn to boring straight 4/4. Very obscure and random, but totally hilarious

Look em up on youtube!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:41 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Haha. Wish i could come. I'd love to see him. He's been working on his stand up for a while after not doing it for quite some time. I think it'll be great. A lot different than Ricky Gervais i expect. ;) Hehe.

Hope you're right in every respect! :) Will let you know how it goes.

Out of interest, is it too far from where you live to consider getting a ticket?

Yes, unfortunately there's no way i could make it at such short notice. Hopefully it goes well for him because i think he's great. :) Though i've never seen him do stand up at all, i should imagine it'll be quite anecdotal. He certainly is on the radio anyway. :)

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:42 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
ROWAN ATKlNSON

Oh yes, I have to agree. I don't think it gets much more hilarious than the original "Mr. Bean" series. Sadly, many people are only familiar with the Bean movies, which just aren't as clever and funny.

I'm sure someone already posted his name, but Demetri Martin makes me laugh until my face hurts.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:58 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Bill Bailey is my favourite comedian. I went to see 'Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra' in October and it was absolutely fantastic (one of the best parts was when the orchestra played a cockney versions of classical music- It was awesome!) Definitely one to look up on youtube lol

I'll Second Bill Bailey, I have a box set of his first 3 Tours, Part Troll, Bewildered & Cosmic Jam, very funny ad a very talented musician also.

Dubz

My favourite Bill Bailey music one was his take off of U2, where he played with masses of delay, so much so it sounded like an awesome tune and just like the edge. And then when he took the effects pedal off it turned out he was playing "Pop goes the weasel"

The other one I remember was his explanation of how the Bill theme tune had moved from an awesome cool 5/4 syncopated rythmn to boring straight 4/4. Very obscure and random, but totally hilarious

Look em up on youtube!

Ha ha that U2 bit is so funny! I love the scale of evil bit too:

Scale of evil

U2

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:21 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Tonie wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
Haha. Wish i could come. I'd love to see him. He's been working on his stand up for a while after not doing it for quite some time. I think it'll be great. A lot different than Ricky Gervais i expect. ;) Hehe.

Hope you're right in every respect! :) Will let you know how it goes.

Out of interest, is it too far from where you live to consider getting a ticket?

Yes, unfortunately there's no way i could make it at such short notice. Hopefully it goes well for him because i think he's great. :) Though i've never seen him do stand up at all, i should imagine it'll be quite anecdotal. He certainly is on the radio anyway. :)

Well, if you change your mind.....http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%7Cartist=LIVE+AT+THE+CHAPEL+WITH+STEPHEN+MERCHANT&n|artist=null&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch&orderby=date

I'll save you a pew!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 7:31 PM Quote
Oh Peter Kay definitely! I have watched his Bolton show so many tiems and it STILL makes me LMAO!!! You can really relate to his gags ie. Garlic Bread ohhhhh and the Army dunking Hobnobs vs The Rich tea! pmsl!!!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 8:01 PM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
Moray wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Look em up on youtube!

Ha ha that U2 bit is so funny! I love the scale of evil bit too:

Scale of evil

Lol TAXI! Evil... TAXI! Evil...

I love the Argos Sketch. My friend said he actually re-enacted the whole thing whilst in Argos...

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 8:32 PM Quote
Cynthia wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
ROWAN ATKlNSON

Oh yes, I have to agree. I don't think it gets much more hilarious than the original "Mr. Bean" series. Sadly, many people are only familiar with the Bean movies, which just aren't as clever and funny.

I'm sure someone already posted his name, but Demetri Martin makes me laugh until my face hurts.

l know!
So sad "Mr. Bean" only lasted 5 years. Sucha great series!
And l have both Mr. Bean's movies, and also all the caps from Mr. Bean! l simple love them. But Rowan as a comedian, he's really really good, very ingenious humor.

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 11:04 PM Quote
Yass! Bill Bailey on "The Bill"

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:23 AM Quote
More Bill Bailey... and now sme puppies will lick your face

Dubz

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 1:01 AM Quote
Bill Hicks!!! No longer with us but amazing!
Chris Porter, saw him last week and was impressed
Doug Benson, silly but funny
Brian Posehn

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 9:19 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
JACK BLACK definitely=D

Good girl, he's hilarious ;) I just bought a Jack Black 3-pack and now I'm a Jack Black addictive :D Nacho Libre is my favourite film at the moment and my dad watches it every night, lol!

Ahhh yes!My fave's Nacho Libre too!!He was just so hilarious on that one;)I thought he did well on Be Kind Rewind as well..That man is never not funny anyways;D Haha what a cool dad u have!My 7 year old cousin likes it a lot too.Likes it so much he has to watch it everytime he comes to my house;D

Oh and Nora i forgot Ben Stiller and Robin Williams..I think Bill Bailey's a great,great comedian as well!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 11:47 AM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
JACK BLACK definitely=D

Good girl, he's hilarious ;) I just bought a Jack Black 3-pack and now I'm a Jack Black addictive :D Nacho Libre is my favourite film at the moment and my dad watches it every night, lol!

Ahhh yes!My fave's Nacho Libre too!!He was just so hilarious on that one;)I thought he did well on Be Kind Rewind as well..That man is never not funny anyways;D Haha what a cool dad u have!My 7 year old cousin likes it a lot too.Likes it so much he has to watch it everytime he comes to my house;D

Oh and Nora i forgot Ben Stiller and Robin Williams..I think Bill Bailey's a great,great comedian as well!

ANACONDA SQUEEZE!!! NAAAAAACHOOOOO! ENCARNACIOOOOON!!!
Hey Ramses, how are yoooooouu, you're the best!
I smell cookies...
I hate all the orphans in the whole world!
I believe in science

It's just CRAZY! I love sick humor!
I laugh so hard when he gets on his moped and makes that funny face as he gears up!

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:17 PM Quote

Haha ok guys..

I'm only looking for stand up comedian..you know - with shows and sketches... - or small series like Black-Adder - ;)
So no movie - comedians ;)

But I think you already gave me enough to work with for a week or so -

so thx :)

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 26 Feb, 2009 4:47 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
frandougeil wrote:
JACK BLACK definitely=D

ANACONDA SQUEEZE!!! NAAAAAACHOOOOO! ENCARNACIOOOOON!!!
Hey Ramses, how are yoooooouu, you're the best!
I smell cookies...
I hate all the orphans in the whole world!
I believe in science

It's just CRAZY! I love sick humor!
I laugh so hard when he gets on his moped and makes that funny face as he gears up!

aHAhhah..Yeah ME too!!Its those crassssy expressions and those energetic signature all over the place movements that kills me:D
That part when he said I am the gatekeeper to my own destiny and I will have my glory day in the hot sun. and then he went off in his own little vehicle,oh man that's one of my fave scenes*o* That Esqueleto guy made the movie's humour come full circle.Perfect chemistry btwn those two;)
And he was great in School Of Rock too!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:58 AM