Travis

Flight of the Conchords!
velouria
velouria Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:48 PM Quote
Anyone? Anyone? The new season just started and I am extremely excited. So far, I love the song "I've Got Hurt Feelings." But for the most part, one of my favorites would really have to be "I'm Not Crying" and the live version of the "Hiphopapotamus vs. the Rhymenocerous."

Re: Flight of the Conchords!
Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 11 Feb, 2009 10:59 PM Quote
Where is the new season airing? Has the UK got it? I love this programme/ band. But best of all, I love Murray. I hope he's still the manager...

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 12 Feb, 2009 12:39 AM Quote
YIS! (As Bret and Jemaine would say in their New Zealand accents) This show is hilarious! And I love the new season. I don't follow many TV shows, but I'm definitely hooked to this one!

My favorite episode has to be the one where Bret buys the cup, since they only have one at their apartment and have to schedule who will drink from it, lol. This $2.79 "spending spree" puts them over budget for the month. Their electricity gets shut off and they have to become prostitutes to make money! LMAO.

velouria
velouria Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 1:10 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Where is the new season airing? Has the UK got it? I love this programme/ band. But best of all, I love Murray. I hope he's still the manager...

I don't know about the UK, but I know that in the states they've already shown three episodes. You can watch the first episode on the HBO website, and trying not to give too much away, but don't fret! Murray is still there!

cornax
cornax Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 3:23 PM Quote
They're touring the States...I have tickets to see them next month!

th74
th74 Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 3:29 PM Quote
I have tickets to see them in May. I'll be in the 2nd row, so I'm hoping I get some sweat on me. Awesome.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 7:03 PM Quote
I am sooooo down with the Rhymenocerous and the HipHopappotums!

loove Bret and Jemaine

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 11:48 PM Quote
Yeah! They're coming to Detroit. I was thinking about going with my mom. :) She loves the show as well.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 11:48 PM Quote
double post.

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 4:53 PM Quote
Nikki you have literally no idea how jealous I will be if you go see them live! Such a big fan of this show.

Downloaded all the episodes to date of season 2 last night and watched the first three. The only disappointment is that, Sugarlumps excepted, the songs aren't quite on the same level as season 1. But I guess that was to be expected!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
I thunk they're rully rully choice (that's my nz accent.. I'm really good at them.)

I'm going to be lame and say I saw them live in 2004, in a pub (Dolan's) in Limerick. They weren't very good... obviously they have improved with time!

The episode about the cup was pretty damn good, the songs are disappointing.. but I'd say they had about 2 months spare to write them, compared to years for series one...

kiwi
kiwi Posted Mon 16 Feb, 2009 5:12 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:

I heard something about it on Edith's show on Radio 1... It'll be on BBC4... soon... maybe Marchish.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 12:36 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
Nikki you have literally no idea how jealous I will be if you go see them live! Such a big fan of this show.

Downloaded all the episodes to date of season 2 last night and watched the first three. The only disappointment is that, Sugarlumps excepted, the songs aren't quite on the same level as season 1. But I guess that was to be expected!

Sugarlumps is hilarious!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 05 Mar, 2009 10:27 PM Quote
Ok so who watched the show this sunday past?! I just caught up with it tonight. Genius. Definitely the best episode of the new season yet.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 06 Mar, 2009 12:09 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
Ok so who watched the show this sunday past?! I just caught up with it tonight. Genius. Definitely the best episode of the new season yet.

Darn! I missed it! I'll have to see if it's On Demand yet. Do you happen to know what the episode was called?

EDIT: Nevermind! I just caught the rerun! Hahaha. I loved when Mel crawled out from under the table and said "she's crazy!!" :P And also Bret's song with subtitles was hilarious!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:53 AM