Travis

Re: Ooo. Look at the new setlist!!
silvella
silvella Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 12:19 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
yes. last night in hamburg we got "village man", i couldn't believe it. i love that song SO much <3

plus, we got dougie on lead vocals!!! =D it was so amazing, he was doing "ring out the bell" (fran on bass), it was just... aahh, i'm so happy ;)

"chinese blues" made it back into the setlist as the opener and i told both dougie and fran how glad i was about that <3 in my opinion it's the best opener they've ever had. and fran told me they're trying many different things at the moment, so it might well be that there are more surprises tonight :)

OMG, Sarah!!! Ring Out The Bell! I would have had a black out!!! Didn't the girls yell louder than Dougie was singing? *g*

Travis, if you read this and you are looking for another Dougie song to give in Frankfurt, please give "Just The Faces Change"!!!!!!! Or, another wish... "Get Up"? *gg* No, I know, Fran, you don't like it, but I do!!

Looking at the Cologne setlist: for me it seems to be a bit crazy that "Before You Were Young" was given between "All I Want To Do Is Rock" and "Turn". I try to imagine how a harder version of BYWY could sound like?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 12:20 PM Quote
Whaaaaaaat?!?! :O

Amazing setlist with Ballad and Blue Flashing Light and they play Village Man and Ring Out The Bell??
I'm going crazy over here, guys you must come to SWEDEN!

So this is what they've been up to? Reharsing some new songs for the setlist!!

My ideal setlist:

Chinese Blues
Selfish Jean
Writing To Reach You
Eyes Wide Open
Side
Walking In The Sun
Happy To Hang Around
Beautiful Occupation
Something Anything
J. Smith
The Line Is Fine
Good Feeling
Sing
Re-Offender
Song To Self
More Than Us
Last Words
One Night
Pipe Dreams
Somewhere Else
Quite Free
Turn
All I Want To Do Is Rock
Ballad Of J. Smith
Love Will Come Through

Sarah
Indefinetely
Closer
Before You Were Young
Why Does It Rain

Oooops...

milos
milos Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 12:27 PM Quote
That's great! It's really cool that they are changing the setlist every night. I think they should play some songs from 12 Memories and TBWNN more often. Happy To Hang Around, Somewhere Else, Big Chair, 3 Times...

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 12:59 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
fran told me they're trying many different things at the moment, so it might well be that there are more surprises tonight :)

Ok now I'm really excited - aaahhhh, Sunday!!!

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:00 PM Quote
okay, here's what i remember from last night's setlist (hamburg) - i tried to get the order right, but probably failed, lol.

chinese blues
j. smith
the beautiful occupation
re-offender
something anything
long way down
love will come through
closer
village man <333
driftwood
side
falling down
sing
writing to reach you
song to self
before you were young
turn

ring out the bell <333
selfish jean
why does it always rain on me?

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:11 PM Quote
milos wrote:
It looks like they played VILLAGE MAN last night!!! Wooow! Here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwi06DRYzlg

I also found Song To Self from the last night's concert. They are playing the extended version live now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UsiQe6nzuc

Village Man!!!! wahoo!!! sounds so good live!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:13 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
okay, here's what i remember from last night's setlist (hamburg) - i tried to get the order right, but probably failed, lol.

chinese blues
j. smith
the beautiful occupation
re-offender
something anything
long way down
love will come through
closer
village man <333
driftwood
side
falling down
sing
writing to reach you
song to self
before you were young
turn

ring out the bell <333
selfish jean
why does it always rain on me?

That's a great setlist! You're so lucky to get Village Man! :-D

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:15 PM Quote
*almost fell off her chair*
what an amaaaaazing setlist!!

I wish they'd play "somewhere else" (I loooove the glockenspiel), but my hopes are not high (dougie would have to play way too many instruments... *sighs* but it would be great to watch him *lol*...)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:29 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
*almost fell off her chair*
what an amaaaaazing setlist!!

I wish they'd play "somewhere else" (I loooove the glockenspiel), but my hopes are not high (dougie would have to play way too many instruments... *sighs* but it would be great to watch him *lol*...)

Somewhere else is amazing. Dougie always pulls some funky dance moves to that one aswell haha.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:29 PM Quote
:O Village Man! Amazing! It sounds really good! I'm loving all these surprises. If they played THE CONNECTION live I'd be in Travis heaven. :O) My favorite B-side ever!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:42 PM Quote
I'd love to see 'Little Bit Of Soul' added to the setlist, another great one for Dougie to take lead vocal on :-D

'The Sea' would be a really nice one to see added aswell, that's one of my favourite b sides.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 2:15 PM Quote
Such a great tour this will be. :) People going to upcoming shows will have a great time. They should mix their set lists up more, and they are. It's better for the band to play different stuff and better for the fans to hear different to what they heard last time. :)

I hope Ballad Of J Smith went well and they play it some more!!! :)

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 3:45 PM Quote
Can't wait to see them next week :)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 5:00 PM Quote
Oh I'm disappointed now :-(
I thought Blue Flashing Light was going to be the opener for this part of the tour and it disappeared after only one night.
Please, please, please Fran, put it back in the setlist for Tuesday in Paris. I'll be forever thankful.

Nikki, you're being very greedy with that setlist. I think we got about 23 songs in London last October and I noticed that Cologne got 20, so 28 is pushing it a bit. It's always good to hope though, LOL.

EDIT - another sugestion would be UP THE JUNCTION. I love your version of this song, pretty pleeeeeeease.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 6:35 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Such a great tour this will be. :) People going to upcoming shows will have a great time. They should mix their set lists up more, and they are. It's better for the band to play different stuff and better for the fans to hear different to what they heard last time. :)

I hope Ballad Of J Smith went well and they play it some more!!! :)

I was a little disgusted cos i didnĀ“t like the opened with Blue Flashing Light, but in Docks was diferent. Definitely was best than in Music Hall. Overall when Doug played Ring Out the bell

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:25 AM