Travis

Ooo. Look at the new setlist!!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:14 AM Quote
Hmmm! Very interesting!! Blue Flashing Light first and Ballad of J. Smith! Sweet!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2s5ytzo.jpg

Just wondering what everyone is hoping to hear live at the ABC in Chicago or other North American shows. I know Anne said she just might cry if they play "More Than Us." I think I'd totally freak out if they played the rocky version of "The Fear." :)

Re: Ooo. Look at the new setlist!!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:22 AM Quote
I mentioned it in here earlier Nikki: http://www.travisonline.com/board/view.php?t=10834&p=7 ;)

I really want to know whether they're still doing Ballad Of J Smith or whether it was a one off.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:29 AM Quote
Oh. Well, thanks, Ben. I missed it. Wasn't checking the European 2009 Tour Dates thread.

I still would like to know what people wanna hear on the North American tour! :)

mario_healy
mario_healy Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:41 AM Quote
i would rather prefer another song instead of the ballad of j smith, its not really that great for me

and for the rest of the setlist..hhmmm...no surprises, they play every song they MUST play every night (considering its 20 songs long)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:42 AM Quote
Only playing with you. :) I thought of starting a new thread myself but am always scared nobody will reply. lol

Rocky version of The Fear is great. I've heard that and the normal one live and I prefer the rocky one though Fran said the original version is "much better". I like that one. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:44 AM Quote
mario_healy wrote:
i would rather prefer another song instead of the ballad of j smith, its not really that great for me

Oh. *faints*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 1:58 AM Quote

I'd like to hear Friends.

1. We're meeting our Travis friends in Chicago.
2. Several of us did our own, so I see it as a special boardie song.
3. I remember hearing the live versions on You Tube, when they were "testing the waters" with their new songs. The twanginess of the guitar was much more pronounced and it sounded SA-WEEEEEEET! Kinda like here in the 2:20's. Maybe it's just a matter of Andy's guitar being louder, but I like it.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 2:09 AM Quote
I would LOVE to hear More Than Us too! I would also like to hear Used to Belong--don't know if that would be hard to do live, but I think it'd be cool. I also wanted to hear 3 Times and You Lose during the last tour...missed it by 1 day! ah!

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 2:27 AM Quote
hey nikki, are you gonna head to cleveland for the show? I didn't see a detroit show....

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 2:30 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Only playing with you. :) I thought of starting a new thread myself but am always scared nobody will reply. lol

Rocky version of The Fear is great. I've heard that and the normal one live and I prefer the rocky one though Fran said the original version is "much better". I like that one. :)

Of the two versions, I like the original album version better as well. But at a concert, I think the rocky one would be awesome to hear.

My ultimate ABC setlist for Chicago:

1 Chinese Blues
2 Something Anything
3 Eyes Wide Open
4 Long Way Down
5 Writing to Reach You
6 The Fear - rocky version
7 Happy to Hang Around
8 Love Will Come Through
9 Sing
10 Walking In The Sun
11 Sailing Away
12 Closer
13 Driftwood
14 The Connection
15 As You Are
16 Song to Self
17 Pipe Dreams
18 My Eyes
19 Last Words
20 More Than Us
21 U16 Girls
22 Sarah
23 Before You Were Young
24 Side - extended rock out version, Fran in crowd :)
25 Turn
------------------
26 All I Want to Do Is Rock
27 Why Does It Always Rain on Me?
28 Happy

Ok, so it's 28 songs long! LOL! But come on...that's a damn good setlist! :D

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 2:38 AM Quote
NewBaby wrote:
hey nikki, are you gonna head to cleveland for the show? I didn't see a detroit show....

Yeah!! Kayte (Turtleneck) and I are going to drive down together after the Chicago show. (What groupies! haha) Are you going to be at either show? If so, we should meet up! :) That reminds me, I have to ask Alexandria if she's coming! She was standing right next to us in the "Frandy" spot in Detroit. :)

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 4:03 AM Quote
yeah, I am going to the cleveland show. I am so excited! I plan on going up there super early to get a good spot!!!

we'll chat closer to the date, but I will definitely be there!! can't wait!!!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 5:00 AM Quote
I would love to hear More Than Us and As You Are, but your setlist looks good to me, Nikki:)

milos
milos Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 9:44 AM Quote
It looks like they played VILLAGE MAN last night!!! Wooow! Here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwi06DRYzlg

I also found Song To Self from the last night's concert. They are playing the extended version live now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UsiQe6nzuc

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 11:41 AM Quote
yes. last night in hamburg we got "village man", i couldn't believe it. i love that song SO much <3

plus, we got dougie on lead vocals!!! =D it was so amazing, he was doing "ring out the bell" (fran on bass), it was just... aahh, i'm so happy ;)

"chinese blues" made it back into the setlist as the opener and i told both dougie and fran how glad i was about that <3 in my opinion it's the best opener they've ever had. and fran told me they're trying many different things at the moment, so it might well be that there are more surprises tonight :)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:41 PM