Travis

Re: Battling with depression
mili
mili Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
lilly wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
While I agree that term can be overused and there are certainly people who describe themselves as depressed when they are just sad, I would hate for sweeping generalizations to be said and make Abs possibly feel worse.

We don't know her struggle.

you're right, of course...

but Frédérique, if you're really feeling depressive (again?), it's probably best to see someone who knows how to deal with this...

I'm getting help with a shrink and medication but i think i need to go to the hospital for a while.

I'm sorry to hear that, Fred, but at least you'll get help.
This time before the shortest day of the year is really grim and a lot of ppl here have SAD symptoms, which can go on till Spring. I hope your doom and gloom is gone well before Christmas.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:48 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
lilly wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
While I agree that term can be overused and there are certainly people who describe themselves as depressed when they are just sad, I would hate for sweeping generalizations to be said and make Abs possibly feel worse.

We don't know her struggle.

you're right, of course...

but Frédérique, if you're really feeling depressive (again?), it's probably best to see someone who knows how to deal with this...

I'm getting help with a shrink and medication but i think i need to go to the hospital for a while.

oh dear :(
the word is so over-used, and I didn't really expect you to talk about a serious depression so openly here. sorry :(
but I guess it's really good you can be so open about it and you're doing something against it, too!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

the word is so over-used, and I didn't really expect you to talk about a serious depression so openly here. sorry :(
but I guess it's really good you can be so open about it and you're doing something against it, too!

To be honest i never thought i'd be posting something of that sort.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:52 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Who said she wasn't seeing someone about it? Maybe she's talked about it to people on this board before, and found comfort in it. She has talked about her depression before here. This wasn't really the response she got last time.

I explained it to her in a private message. don't want to go into details here, but I can't help being sceptical when people start talking so openly about depression.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Who said she wasn't seeing someone about it? Maybe she's talked about it to people on this board before, and found comfort in it. She has talked about her depression before here. This wasn't really the response she got last time.

I explained it to her in a private message. don't want to go into details here, but I can't help being sceptical when people start talking so openly about depression.

I understand...and I know the word it thrown around a lot. I just wanted to defend her because I know she has been through it before.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
It's nothing to be ashamed of, first step is being open about it...Maybe not to the whole world, but you know what I mean!

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
lilly wrote:

To be honest i never thought i'd be posting something of that sort.

I wouldn't have expected you to do that, never. So I assumed you were talking about "feeling really low" (hence the St John's Wort) - *sighs* too many people use the word depression too freely...

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:58 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
It's nothing to be ashamed of, first step is being open about it...Maybe not to the whole world, but you know what I mean!

but isn't depression some sort of excuse if you're a lazy arse ?

just being sarcastic.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
Yes I'm just a lazy arse ;)

I haven't heard too many people bragging about having a depression, isn't it something most people are ashamed of?
I have lied to most my friends about it, saying I have some other disease :S Didn't think I was going public with this here either, easier to write about, I guess...

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
Feeling down?
You need a bit of this and of this and finally a little bit of this.

There! Feeling better, Abs?

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
Sorry you're so down Abs, hope you find something that helps.

Joe wrote:
Feeling down?
You need a bit of this and of this and finally a little bit of this.

There! Feeling better, Abs?

Watching Graham sleeping could make me happy any day! :)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I haven't heard too many people bragging about having a depression, isn't it something most people are ashamed of?
I have lied to most my friends about it, saying I have some other disease :S Didn't think I was going public with this here either, easier to write about, I guess...

I've lied about it too but it shows on my face and my eyes look sad.
Also a work colleague mentionned how sad i look and it made me run to the toilet just to cry.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

I've lied about it too but it shows on my face and my eyes look sad.
Also a work colleague mentionned how sad i look and it made me run to the toilet just to cry.

Yeah I've been this way for too long so people thinks depressed is a part of my personality, they don't know the real me. Maybe we should talk about this a bit more private, feel free to send me a PM if you feel lonely or down!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 10:15 PM Quote
Hugs to you Fred ..and is it Alex? Anyway, hugs to you both. I'm sorry that you are both going through this and hope things start looking up for you soon.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 26 Nov, 2008 10:25 AM Quote
You should read my self help book.

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:02 AM