Travis

Battling with depression
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 6:57 PM Quote
Not the 1st time but i've been feeling very low for a couple of weeks.

Re: Battling with depression
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
I'm down that road too, it sucks!

Fun to see the most popular threads at the moment though:
"ANGRY!"
"Battling with depression"

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Doublepost by Swedish jerk.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
Hey there, Fred! I'm sorry you're feeling low...wanna talk?

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:01 PM Quote
There is a difference between depression feeling sorry for yourself Frederick.

Cold dark winter nights make everyone feel down. Wait until you are like the woman who was on the radio today who suffered from depression and at one stage lay on a sofa without eating or washing for 10 days and refusing to speak to her family the whole time.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:04 PM Quote
Well you could read my medical certificate if you want, whatever!

Hope you feel better soon! :)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
There is a difference between depression feeling sorry for yourself Frederick.

Cold dark winter nights make everyone feel down. Wait until you are like the woman who was on the radio today who suffered from depression and at one stage lay on a sofa without eating or washing for 10 days and refusing to speak to her family the whole time.

Thanks for your support Darran.
I'm looking forward getting similar messages from other boardies.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:23 PM Quote

I think the "depression" thing is being "exploited"(?word?) at the moment, so many people talking about "feeling really depressive"...
I know a few people who suffer(ed) from major depression, it's not funny to watch...

I'm not feeling too well myself (hah, my "feeling down" period has been lasting for at least 3 years, 3 months and 2 days now), but I wouldn't say I'm really seriously depressive.

Hm, if your down-phase doesn't stop, it cannot hurt to drink a little "St-John's-wort"-tea. No idea if you have that in France... you can get it in every chemist and health food shop here.
(In Germany, even St-John's-Wort-tablets are prescription-free, they're recommended to children and young people, but as long as you're not really talking about a "minor depression", I'd stick to the tea.)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I'm down that road too, it sucks!

Fun to see the most popular threads at the moment though:
"ANGRY!"
"Battling with depression"

I'm too drained to feel anger.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
While I agree that term can be overused and there are certainly people who describe themselves as depressed when they are just sad, I would hate for sweeping generalizations to be said and make Abs possibly feel worse.

We don't know her struggle.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:34 PM Quote
No we shouldn't generalize in any direction...
A person is entitled to feel glad, sad, mad or whatever, we must not argue about labels...

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
While I agree that term can be overused and there are certainly people who describe themselves as depressed when they are just sad, I would hate for sweeping generalizations to be said and make Abs possibly feel worse.

you're right, of course...

but Frédérique, if you're really feeling depressive (again?), it's probably best to see someone who knows how to deal with this...

Edit: looked up the herb's name in French, it's "mille-pertuis".

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:37 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

but Frédérique, if you're really feeling depressive (again?), it's probably best to see someone who knows how to deal with this...

Word!
I'm on my way up thanks to medication and treatment, enough about me! I just get concerned when it comes to this issues..

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:37 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

I'm getting help with a shrink and medication but i think i need to go to the hospital for a while.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 25 Nov, 2008 7:38 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Who said she wasn't seeing someone about it? Maybe she's talked about it to people on this board before, and found comfort in it. She has talked about her depression before here. This wasn't really the response she got last time.

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:51 PM