Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 28 Dec, 2008 5:32 AM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
I'm bored. I've got homework. I hate that.

Don't be! Do homework! K, that's the worst advice you could had ever received from me hehe :oP.

I'm tired. I'm sleepy. I don't know why. I haven't done anything worth telling these holidays xD.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 28 Dec, 2008 10:08 AM Quote

I went to bed early last night cause I wasn't feeling great, didn't sleep to well, now I've been up since 8am on a Sunday morning playing LMA Manager 2006 on the playstation.

Dubz

laurenzia
laurenzia Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 12:48 PM Quote
after having a christmas far from merry, everything is back to normal. thank god. it is so normal, i'm procrastinating again and spend time in travisland. :)
to do at least something useful i'll take my beloved dog for a walk through in the freezing cold.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 1:50 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
i got pulled over for speeding today...i just finished my online traffic school a few weeks ago. :/

thankfully, the cop gave me a warning! phew!!

lucky . it's the end of the month, the state is broke and they've been cracking down . they need the $

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 5:51 PM Quote
On a girlie and superficial note, I'm having a good hair day and rather like my outfit, which includes my favourite vintagey locket that I hardly ever wear but love to pieces.

On a I need to go to bed earlier note, Ive had 3 cups of coffee and have been up for 5.5 hours and yet still think i could fall asleep at my desk if I closed my eyes.

I'm glad I have nothing to do after work tonight.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
My holidays are finishing! I miss school but I really enjoy being bored and posting here.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Ive had 3 cups of coffee and have been up for 5.5 hours

tsk tsk . i wish i could get 5.5 hours of sleep , and some Italian coffee .

hey moray , thyey're on the way

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 30 Dec, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
Having a bit of a miserable day today, i have two ear infections and a throat infection. I'm always sick during the Christmas holidays :(

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 2:50 AM Quote
This is like a couple days ago news, but I don't know where else to share it.

I went to a Sacramento Kings game (basketball in case you don't know) with my friend whose Dad's company has amazing seats and I ended up sitting 10 ft away from MICHAEL PHELPS for 3 hours. We had no idea he was going to be there since it was not advertised at all. It was really random and funny since my friend and I are both swimmers and we rarely go to basketball games and the one time we go Michael Phelps is there. I didn't get to try for an autograph due to a scary bodyguard, but did get eye contact and a smile. Haha it was awesome.

Here is a poor quality video of him getting a key to the city (that is kinda lame) and a Kings Jersey with 8 for the 8 gold medals.
SAC Kings honor Michael Phelps

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 3:15 AM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

I went to a Sacramento Kings game (basketball in case you don't know) with my friend whose Dad's company has amazing seats and I ended up sitting 10 ft away from MICHAEL PHELPS for 3 hours. We had no idea he was going to be there since it was not advertised at all. It was really random and funny since my friend and I are both swimmers and we rarely go to basketball games and the one time we go Michael Phelps is there. I didn't get to try for an autograph due to a scary bodyguard, but did get eye contact and a smile. Haha it was awesome.

Here is a poor quality video of him getting a key to the city (that is kinda lame) and a Kings Jersey with 8 for the 8 gold medals.

Oh, wow!!! How cool for you, Linds!! I bet you were in heaven, lol!!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 1:16 PM Quote
lindsey22295 wrote:

That's so cool!!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 31 Dec, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
I'm in work, wishing this day could go by a little quicker! There's not much I can do either. Ho hum! Ohhhh and I'm sooooo tired!

Dear God, for 2009 I pray that I don't feel so tired all the time...thankyou, Amen!

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 1:31 PM Quote
I just re-read a chapter of Bill Bryson's "Notes from a Small Island" and now it bugs me that I don't get what a Glaswegian taxi driver said to Bryson (apparently, Mr B. didn't understand it himself, so maybe it's wrong anyway)

ok here we go:

according to Bryson, the driver said:

"D'ye nae a lang roon?"

[errr, I understand the words: "Do you". "no". "a". "long". "round". *???* maybe the taxi driver said sth that would translate into sth like "have you been here for a long time" and Bryson added/forgot some parts? because why would he ask "do you know a long round?" *?*)

and when Bryson says that he doesn't understand the language, the driver asks (or Bryson thinks he asks):

"D'ye dack ma fanny?"
[err, what's "dack" supposed to mean? I know the "British English" meaning of the last word, but please tell me it can mean sth else or Bryson got it wrong]

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 3:52 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
I just re-read a chapter of Bill Bryson's "Notes from a Small Island"

Thats one of my all time favourite books. I love Bill Bryon.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 01 Jan, 2009 4:38 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:
I just re-read a chapter of Bill Bryson's "Notes from a Small Island"

Thats one of my all time favourite books. I love Bill Bryon.

well then you surely know what the taxi driver was saying?! :)

Pages Previous 1...44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:45 PM