Travis

Today's News of YOU
Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 3:31 PM Quote

Hi all...since some of you know each other more or less very well (coz they're haning on the phone all the time ;) ...or so..) or - they don't, I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where you can talk about what's going on in your life :)

Since I work with people: I am certainly interested...are you? If not - well - the thread keeps falling and falling..on to the last page - where it's going to be burried and forgotten..so nothing to lose, right?

so....post.....;)

Well to make a brief start: I went to college today and met on my wy there my childhood love...- very interesting talk (blushing like tomato....after...15 years...) but time went by...and - wooo hoo I got late for my lecture.
Well that doesn't really matter. When you study at (on?) a university that big you're even less worth than a number..so I though I could use the back entrance and smuggle myself in. - door was shut. Damn. Ok through the front door:
So imagine this: It was like being a rockstar on a small stage in front of 300 people! Felt like it - except that it was the exact opposit of it: 300 pairs of glowing eyes surrounded from frowning faces looked at me...-blushing again.
after the next 15 minutes (after finding myself a place) I wished i'd stayed outside. It was soooo boring. But couldn't bring up the courage to leave ;) in front of all - again...

so..what did u see today? And yeah! What is it? Winter? Damn cold!....

...soanything special happened today to you? funny? embarassing? booooring?....

Re: Today's News of YOU
Darran
Darran Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 3:43 PM Quote
I went to the airport.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
what for? already holydays?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
hahaha, no you didnt! i went to the airport! and you werent there Mister! Now Im stranded in Belfast.

spid
spid Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 5:39 PM Quote
i tutored a 5 year old in remedial Maths and English

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
hahaha, no you didnt! i went to the airport! and you werent there Mister! Now Im stranded in Belfast.

stranded? ....seee? that's what I mean? What do you do in Belfast? And why were you guys supposed to meet? And just tell me when to shut up..ok :)

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

stranded? ....seee? that's what I mean? What do you do in Belfast? And why were you guys supposed to meet? And just tell me when to shut up..ok :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
hahaha, okay. Darran. We should keep our jokes in comments on each others pages.

Im not in Belfast. Darran isnt at the airport. He has an extra Oasis ticket so i said i was coming.
Darran is in Northern Ireland, Im in Canada. No airports involved.

on with the running joke...

Ya, Jerkface Darran didnt pick me up! but it is okay, bc a a member of the Belfast Giants, who is from my almost hometown, did! He still has a hockey career, and is therefore cooler. Although, he doesnt have an accent and isnt a photographer. Points for Darran for those.

okay, back to real life.
Im at work. eating turkey soup at my desk.

Feel free to add to the story...

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 7:03 PM Quote

ahh...yeah..well perfect opportunity to go to Ireland...what's your excuse? ;)

here it's 8pm...still haven't done a thing for coll. ...should start reading though: Today's chapter: Morphology of the English and German language....argh 30 pages...please if there's a God...burn down the University and give me a day off.....

So...back again: Oasis: I mean, you'd see Europe, better: Ireland (was Ireland?).....Can't you call in sick-day or something?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
I think it would take more than a sick day to get to europe and back! 7-8 flight each way, plus the show. And from prior experience, i get sleepy and grumpy with jet lag from flights to and from Europe! Im pushing it with a sick DAY! And i saw them a month ago, although seeing them in the UK would be unreal.
In a year or 2 i want to get a holidaymaker visa and go to the UK for an adventure for a couple of years, so...soon enough.

ps-don't accuse Darran of being from Ireland.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 7:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

In a year or 2 i want to get a holidaymaker visa and go to the UK for an adventure for a couple of years, so...soon enough.

Whoohoo, sounds like fun!

Today: I am going to watch the last episode of Six Feet Under. I've never seen it before but my brother has the whole series on dvd and i've been making my way through it for the past couple of months. I'm so sad it's ending! :(

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:13 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
ps-don't accuse Darran of being from Ireland.

http://www.irishleaguesupporters.com/forums/images/smilies/yeahthat.gif

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
I studied economics, business and have a degree in Marketing.

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren and DuPont de Nemours.

Like : London life, G&T, buying clothes and jewelry, reading all types of magazines and book, listening to BBC radio 4 plays, dancing, wearing mini skirts, would like to live in Israel for a while.

leticia
leticia Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
Well, I live in Argentina. I've been studying to become a translator of English for 4 years and I have two subjects left to graduate. Two weeks ago I came back from a month trip around the UK and it seems I can't land.. I'm still up there, in Edinburgh, in Rhosilly Bay, in Stow on the Wold, in Newcastle...

I HAVE TO GRADUATE ONCE AND FOR ALL! It's tough to work and study when you have all those memories in your mind... And to make things worse, I can't stop thinking about Fran *sigh* and the guys hugging me and taking pics with me.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Hi all...since some of you know each other more or less very well (coz they're haning on the phone all the time ;) ...or so..)

Well to make a brief start: I went to college today and met on my wy there my childhood love...- very interesting talk (blushing like tomato....after...15 years...)

I am feeling nosy about two things from your post:

1) What boardies hang out on the phone all the time??

2) Please give us more dirt on your talk with your childhood sweetheart!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:25 PM