Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
lilly
lilly Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 3:18 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
I was at this wake after a funeral and some bloke started taking photographs http://www.dogmall.co.uk/smile/confused/confused0007.gif I didn't know if to fake a smile or fake a sad face.

I hated it when people took photographs at our wake for my dad. One of them even asked me to "smiiiile" (people are incredibly stupid sometimes). I turned away. I was forced to look at some of the pictures later and was very relieved when I saw that most people had just ignored the camera and kept on talking.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 4:05 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
I was at this wake after a funeral and some bloke started taking photographs http://www.dogmall.co.uk/smile/confused/confused0007.gif I didn't know if to fake a smile or fake a sad face.

who takes pictures at a wake??
I take pictures of EVERYTHING (as those who have met me will attest to) and even I know that is wrong!

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 9:20 PM Quote
I'm in the chatroom, and it's empty.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 1:46 AM Quote
I just booked tickets to Manchester, I'm going in three weeks. I've been wanting to go to England for years and this is my first time, and it's not as if I live very far away like! Anybody got any advice as to what I need to do in Manchester? Or Stoke-on-Trent maybe, I'll probably be spending more time there. Yay I can't wait!

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 1:53 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
I just booked tickets to Manchester, I'm going in three weeks. I've been wanting to go to England for years and this is my first time, and it's not as if I live very far away like! Anybody got any advice as to what I need to do in Manchester? Or Stoke-on-Trent maybe, I'll probably be spending more time there. Yay I can't wait!

Have fun:)

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 2:01 PM Quote
i woke to see a spider on my pillow

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 16 Nov, 2009 3:02 PM Quote
My officemate gave me a hippo with noodled on his back. I cried I was laughing so hard. Will post pictures later!

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 5:48 PM Quote
Just got an email from THREADLESS, saying they'd reprinted a shirt. I took a vow a while ago not to buy funny t-shirts anymore (i.e. to change my wardrobe towards a more...grown-up style, ahem), but now I'm kinda tempted. Sigh. I'll finish uni in 3 months and should really spend my money on some suits and skirts and stuff... arrrgh.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 6:05 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Just got an email from THREADLESS, saying they'd reprinted a shirt. I took a vow a while ago not to buy funny t-shirts anymore (i.e. to change my wardrobe towards a more...grown-up style, ahem), but now I'm kinda tempted. Sigh. I'll finish uni in 3 months and should really spend my money on some suits and skirts and stuff... arrrgh.

Can we see the design? :o)
I think you can buy one funny t-shirt and then focus on the grown-up part of your wardrobe :oP.
I don't know how things are in Germany, and this is not the most usual thing in Argentina, but I'm 23, I've got a grown-up job that includes dealing with people, and my "grown-up" clothing is reduced to a pair of boots, a pair of sandals and a shirt (I wish I had more shirts). I have no suits, no skirts, no "serious trausers". I come to work wearing jeans. I went to the two job interviews I had in my life wearing boots/sandals, jeans and a nice classic t-shirt and I got the job both times :oP. I don't wear any make up either.

I just realised I wrote "de" instead of "the" in a PM I sent this morning. This is what happens when you don't get enough sleep: you start writing words in English as you pronounce them in Spanish. I'm so stupid! xD

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 8:32 PM Quote
I found a used condom wrapper in the library today - it was slippery and gross. I didn't find the condom! This disturbs me, I mean was it used as a bookmark or.......?

We think it was banana flavoured.

:-/

MINGINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 9:00 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
I found a used condom wrapper in the library today - it was slippery and gross. I didn't find the condom! This disturbs me, I mean was it used as a bookmark or.......?

We think it was banana flavoured.

:-/

MINGINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I blame Lauren. If you will recall from the 43 things list, she is the one that wanted to have sex in a library.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 9:01 PM Quote
Hahaha, that one made me laugh a lot!

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 9:04 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I don't know how things are in Germany, and this is not the most usual thing in Argentina, but I'm 23, I've got a grown-up job that includes dealing with people, and my "grown-up" clothing is reduced to a pair of boots, a pair of sandals and a shirt (I wish I had more shirts). I have no suits, no skirts, no "serious trausers". I come to work wearing jeans. I went to the two job interviews I had in my life wearing boots/sandals, jeans and a nice classic t-shirt and I got the job both times :oP. I don't wear any make up either.

sigh. no, you cannot wear jeans here to a job interview, usually. Even for my students' job interview I next week I'll have to wear sth non-casual, like black trousers, a blouse, a pullover. No t-shirts with prints, no blue jeans, no sneakers. I know people who went to interviews for INTERNSHIPS in a suit.

If I score a job at a cultural organisation or a less "restrictive" company, I will be able to wear jeans at the job itself (phew!) but not at the interview.

I don't wear make-up either, but that has never been a problem, thank God!!

Oooh, and here's the shirt I was talking about ;)
http://www.threadless.com/product/439/Ambition_Killed_The_Cat
(it's a bit mean, but I still like it ;D)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 10:23 PM Quote

Eeeewwww!!! That's so gross Wendy!!!

Lilly, that t-shirt is great. You should buy it :oP. (I'm such a good influence, eh?).

dee
dee Posted Thu 19 Nov, 2009 10:39 PM Quote
i start a new job tomorrow.

wup wup!

Pages Previous 1...103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:32 PM