Travis

Re: user/screen names
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
you are right. We are never going to agree, lol
BUT, we both respect both players, so i think we can agree to disagree.
(and while i totally respect and admire that Yzerman played for one team for his whole career, it's hard to use that as a measuring tool, since a lot of times it's out of the players control. Even Gretzky played for 4 teams. the day Gretzky was 'sold' from Edmonton is burned in many peoples memories. BUT, like i said. I think its really cool and wish it happened more often. It is so rare in the modern game.)

agree to disagree, boardie twin? *extends hand*

Of course :) *shake*

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
Moo has been my nickname since I was three, in fact more people call me Moo than they do Maria lol. I can't remember the exact story behind the Evil Boffin part, just that it involved me and my friend consuming lots of sweets and E numbers about 3/4 years ago. The boffin part makes some sort of sense because I'm always to be found behind some sort of book.

Moo the Evil Boffin.
XXX

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
back when this board first went up you could come on with any name you pleased, sometimes other sams would post and confuse my friends so i decided to add los angeles to sam so that everyone would know it was truly me, true story....

side note, i love my city, and sometimes i hate it, but everytime i leave it, i can't wait to come back

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Eledh wrote:
Eledh is just my name. :P
It's elvish and it means Star. My mum was a bit of a Tolkien Freak. XD

How do you pronounce it? That's so awesome by the way...

Thank you! Well... It's like you pronunce Ellen, just with one L and at the end you put the D instead of the n XD and you don't pronunce the h XD

And lilly, in fact... Tolkien created his two elvish languages based on old english and old uk languages, such welsh and stuff like that :P
And yes, if you're wondering... I do speak elvish. Which is totally useless since no one speaks elvish but... Still... XD

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:54 PM Quote
You speak Elvish?
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m1/1734944796

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
You speak Elvish?
http://re3.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m1/1734944796

LOL!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:56 PM Quote
Hanne is my real name... Back when I started posting, there was no login, so you had to write your name every time. Couldn't be bothered making up anything, so I just used my real name.

It's pretty boring and one of the most common names in this country. Booooorriiinnggg!!

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:03 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:

And lilly, in fact... Tolkien created his two elvish languages based on old english and old uk languages, such welsh and stuff like that :P

I know, last year I had to write a paper on Old English and slipped some Tolkien-references in at the end ;)

Oh my, you're one of those people who were camping in front of the cinema when the LOTR-movies came out, right? ;p

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:27 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

Oh my, you're one of those people who were camping in front of the cinema when the LOTR-movies came out, right? ;p

LOL
Blame my mother for that.
And well, not camping... Just... Booking for the lotr marathone of the three movies (12 hours) six months early and... Just... I just went to the cinema and... I started crying.
I spent 16 hours crying.
I was devastated at the end.
And my mum was collecting the tickets telling at the people around us that she didn't know me XD
But well...
I'm one of those kind of people that goes to Oxford just to see Tolkien's grave and leave a letter there. :P

mili
mili Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
Eledh wrote:

I know, last year I had to write a paper on Old English and slipped some Tolkien-references in at the end ;)

Tolkien also used Finnish for his languages.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Tolkien also used Finnish for his languages.

Yep, the most of the northern languages ;)

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
My username is the title from one of my favourite song by Ben Folds, Not the same. When I signed up here, I just saw him live a little while ago and I was listening to the song and couldn't think of anything else, haha :)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
I wanna play! I'm named after a story I wrote that took place in South Dakota. Nope, I'm not from there at all, but I have been there. It's a pretty place. I'm especially fond of the Badlands, and Wall Drug store! Haha!

Since I've been around here forever, since I started going on the internet I was able to nab the name Dakota here, this is not such an easy task other places. Pretty much every place else I'm known as Manicdak <--Dak from my first internet username here, and Manic from my favorite band...Manic Street Preachers.

Back when we had Chat and could change our names on the message board every time we posted I would use various incarnations of Dak and MSP song titles as well. I have also gone by Nickywiresdress and Sexyboy around these parts. :)

Hanne
Hanne Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
I have also gone by Nickywiresdress and Sexyboy around these parts. :)

I remember Nickywiresdress but I didn't know it was you lol

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
Eledh wrote:
lilly wrote:

LOL
Blame my mother for that.
And well, not camping... Just... Booking for the lotr marathone of the three movies (12 hours) six months early and... Just... I just went to the cinema and... I started crying.
I spent 16 hours crying.
I was devastated at the end.
And my mum was collecting the tickets telling at the people around us that she didn't know me XD
But well...
I'm one of those kind of people that goes to Oxford just to see Tolkien's grave and leave a letter there. :P

I can comletely understand all of that! Esp the crying part...and the booking six months early part...

I fell in love with Fenchurch (who was conceived in ticket queue at Fenchurch Street Station) when I read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, hence the name :)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:35 PM