Travis

user/screen names
Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:09 PM Quote
hey-o
i just thought it would be cool to start a thread where ppl can explain their user/screen names. some are pretty straight forward, but some are quite intriguing, would u agree?

i will start w/ mine. while it may SEEM pretty straight forward, it's origins are actually a bit interesting...

my real name is indeed Liz, but no one had ever really called me Lizzie until high school. i was on the tennis team and me and my best friend were goofing around at practice. well, apparently i hit a shot like i was wielding an ax and my clever friend thought it was quite ironic, so she started calling me Lizzie Borden. for those of u who don't know, Lizzie Borden was accused of killing her parents w/ an ax in 1892; she was acquitted. it was quite controversial and there was even a nursery rhyme:

Lizzie Borden took an ax,
gave her mother 40 whacks.
When she saw what she had done,
she gave her father 41.

anyway, Lizzie Borden was too long, so my friends started calling me Lizzie B, and then it was further shortened to 'B'. to this day they still call me B. what's funny is that my maiden name did not start w/ a B, but i got married and my new last name DOES start w/ a B. i guess it was fate....

<3 B

Re: user/screen names
Darran
Darran Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:18 PM Quote
Mine is a saying abbreviated.

Dance
Around
Roses
Radiant
And
Naked.

My real name is Pablo.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:20 PM Quote
I'm named after a species of Eel. Apparently.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:34 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Mine is a saying abbreviated.

Dance
Around
Roses
Radiant
And
Naked.

My real name is Pablo.

what a delightful image, Pablo! What does Dannar stand for than?

Minn= Minner, a nickname. With a long, boring and nonsenical past (ask Moray...he got the story)

Mess= Messier, Mark. The greatest hockey player not named Wayne. My hero. A legend. The greatest leader in the history of pro sports.

mili
mili Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
I'm boring, Mili is my first name. It's pretty rare here, though, and I'm forever explaning that I really am called that officially, showing my driver's licence etc.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:38 PM Quote
Mine comes from a billy connoly joke.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:38 PM Quote
A pal of mine gave me Lemon Grinner when I was talkin to him about the uplifting properties of lemon oils...

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:40 PM Quote
Mine is quite simple: My name's indeed Delia and October 24, 2007 was my first ever Travis gig, so the first time I have met them and this will always be a very, very special night in my life! ^^

And it was one day after I turned 18... ;)

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
Mine is quite simple: My name's indeed Delia and October 24, 2007 was my first ever Travis gig, so the first time I have met them and this will always be a very, very special night in my life! ^^

oh, what a great birthday!!!

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:46 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
What does Dannar stand for than?

Then?

That's all down to Nikki's bad spelling.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
My real name is Nicole, but everyone calls me Nikki. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:52 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Then?

*ahem* It was a typo, not bad spelling. ^.^

And Kristy...great hockey player? Yes. Best leader? Hmmm...I think Stevie Yzerman has him beat. But that would be a never-ending debate between us, lol!

PS: Wings won again last night! Woop! They're going to visit W. at the White House today with the Cup.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:57 PM Quote
Lizzie b wrote:
Delia24Oct07 wrote:

oh, what a great birthday!!!

Indeed, it was! Imagine, the day before you turn 18 and the day after you meet Fran, Dougie and Andy! That was... best thing that ever happened to me! <3

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 2:58 PM Quote
It's the mix of my name and surnames: Irene Espejo Fortea
irenesfor... very simple!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Darran wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Then?

*ahem* It was a typo, not bad spelling. ^.^

And Kristy...great hockey player? Yes. Best leader? Hmmm...I think Stevie Yzerman has him beat. But that would be a never-ending debate between us, lol!

PS: Wings won again last night! Woop! They're going to visit W. at the White House today with the Cup.

Erg! Im forever getting than and then wrong, even when i stop and logically think about it! Now let's move on from the fact that I can't spell, have horrible grammer, and can't type due to my long nails (or what my friends refer to as "my talons").
Haha, Nikki you know what it is funny. I actually had this writen, but then deleted it: Ya, Nikki, I said it! Whatcha gonna do about it? lol. I have Stevie at #2 if that helps"

While I greatly respect the leadership abilities of Yzerman, no one can match that of Mark Messier. It is what he is known for (besides his bald head). He is "The Captain." 'nough said! 6 Stanley Cups. Only person to captain 2 different teams to the Cup. And kick ass Lays chip commericals (right. that hasnt nothing to do with leadership, but...hilarious!)

ps- I wouldnt want to meet W at the White House. Hope he doesnt put the cup upside down like Dep Lepperd though. Actually, I hope they don't let him touch it. Did he pronounce "Yzerman" really horribly one time?

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:36 AM