Redtelephonebox

Message Board Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Preston BBC2 Radio in the Park #3935
    Redtelephonebox

    Not too far from me in Manchester Neil. Fancy playing drums in Travish (my fledgling Travish tribute band)?!

    in reply to: Favourite song #3934
    Redtelephonebox

    In such a crowded field it’s hard to look past Driftwood. It is a perfect song. Closer comes a “close” second

    in reply to: Is there a Travis fandom name? #3933
    Redtelephonebox

    Always thought Travish would be a good name for a Travis tribute band. Happy to start one if anyone else lives near Manchester UK!

    in reply to: Some sad song #3932
    Redtelephonebox

    I’ve started a YouTube channel doing covers of songs I love, mainly on piano. Plan to learn and record Some Sad Song at some point and will drop the link in here when I’m done!

    in reply to: Raise your hand if… #2772
    Redtelephonebox

    Travis are THE band of my life. Everything they put out there’s stuff on there I know I’ll adore… they just keep knocking it out of the park and long may it continue

    in reply to: Movies – Decent ones!! #2756
    Redtelephonebox

    Aftersun is incredible Fran. I love movies where you struggle to explain the plot to people, and not because it’s complicated, like you say it’s just that nothing happens and yet everything does. Another that affected me like that was The Holdovers, just such a warm and tender movie that I could watch endlessly. See also Lost in Translation

    in reply to: Travis – Summer #2754
    Redtelephonebox

    Great suggestions. The Only Thing and Waving at the Window are another couple I love to put on when the sun’s out

    in reply to: The Boy With No Name 20th Anniversary #871
    Redtelephonebox

    Battleships is a big favourite of mine and I used to sing it to my daughter when she was about 2 years old, it was one of our bedtime songs so will always be special to me. And Closer is just phenomenal… and what a video!

    in reply to: The Line is Fine #853
    Redtelephonebox

    Several! This time of year it’s often Walking in the Sun

    in reply to: Song of the day #829
    Redtelephonebox

    I’ll be checking out all of these suggestions. alan c – yes I know this performance! Love the guitar at 1 minute. Seems ripe for a Travis cover, come on lads!

    in reply to: Song of the day #707
    Redtelephonebox

    Recently completely obsessed with Hold On, Hold On by Neko Case. Obviously there’s a Travis connection on the wonderful Sing Me to Sleep from Wreckorder

    in reply to: 12 Memories #660
    Redtelephonebox

    Remember being at Uni in Stirling (main reason for going to uni in Scotland was Travis) and reading a track by track breakdown of all the songs in NME. Was really excited about the album and how Fran said it was his first where the songs didn’t all originate on guitar. It didn’t disappoint

    in reply to: Hello #658
    Redtelephonebox

    Hello from Manchester (well a little village nearby). We’ve had had sunshine and a thunderstorm today… 2 seasons in one day, so half a Crowded House song. Great to have this safe space to chat about all things Travis!

    in reply to: Well well well. It’s back! #657
    Redtelephonebox

    Think I was too young for the original message board but delighted to get a second chance now. Greetings to all Travis fans!

    in reply to: Exciting Times!!!! #655
    Redtelephonebox

    Well this is exciting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)