Fran

Message Board Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Travis Reality Show #3734
    Fran

    Hahaha… we could put cameras all over the tour bus and stream 24/7. It would be very very very boring though 🙂

    in reply to: Preston BBC2 Radio in the Park #3733
    Fran

    Hello Liz,
    Thankyou for listening. There a lot of songs. Hopefully you manage to come and see a show when we tour next. Hope so.

    in reply to: Oasis: Don’t Look Back In Anger Film #3732
    Fran

    I saw them twice on their tour. They played better than they ever played. Liam’s voice was back in tip top shape. I’ll check out the film down the line.

    in reply to: Need to know.. must know! #3731
    Fran

    We have 2 cats. Goose and Huey. They are lovely cat brothers. While I was away a family of 5 raccoons have taken over the back yard. We had a family of Opossums before that. Opossums have moved on, possibly because of the Raccoons.

    in reply to: I miss CDs singles; Do You? #3730
    Fran

    Saying all of that, I don’t miss b sides. When we released our first singles, the practise was to make 2 CDs same a side, different b sides. This meant for every single you had to produce a further 4-6 songs. We did a lot of covers because it was simply impossible to keep up with the demand. We loved doing covers as b sides. Loved listening to a song and taking it apart. It reminded me of the practise in old times of going to the art museum and studying masterpieces, seeing how the paintings were built up, glazes, under drawing… anyways I don’t miss the b-sides much but we still enjoy doing covers.

    in reply to: 18 Syllables #3729
    Fran

    All done. It ended up being 19 syllables. Took a minute.

    in reply to: I miss CDs singles; Do You? #3422
    Fran

    There definitely is something about holding something in your hand that will give you music. Involving the listeners touch and vision on the lead up to hearing a song is possibly overlooked. I enjoyed going to the record shop and buying the single or album, sitting on the bus, with it on my knee with my forearms laying on top and my fingers clasped over the edge of the album shaped plastic bag on my lap, thinking about the music that would be inside, what the inner art work would look like, thinking about what the band are looking like/what are they wearing this time, then getting home and putting on the kettle, cup of tea, then take it out the bag and cut or in my case rip the cellophane off and slip out the sleeve and see the inner art work, give the record a smell, and it smells like new books or just new and plasticky, then put the record on and listen. The senses were more engaged before everything went digital. It’s a pity but it’s not the be all and end all. I’m glad that gigs are still a similar experience. And buying merch at a show or getting it through the mail is still similar. If a song is still great, all the other stuff around it was the wrapping. That said, I’m glad I got the steamy bus window on a rainy evening with record on lap then cups of tea ceremony.

    in reply to: Raise your hand if… #3421
    Fran

    Yes.

    in reply to: A heartfelt “thank you” to Fran #3420
    Fran

    Hey Grace.
    You’re welcome. Cheers for the book .
    Fran

    in reply to: What makes you feel alive? #3418
    Fran

    When I stub my toe.

    in reply to: Film Night #3417
    Fran

    Once we reach 20 people then we can see what’s out there to watch. The more the merrier. There are a lot of films. While Almost Fashionable is the greatest movie ever made, I think there are some others we could choose from.

    in reply to: 18 Syllables #3407
    Fran

    That’s nice Walker. Thanks.

    in reply to: 18 Syllables #3406
    Fran

    Neither are easy or hard. Writing songs is like trying to get a bird to land in your hand without bait.

    in reply to: The AI Thread #3405
    Fran

    My brain just melted.

    in reply to: What makes you feel alive? #3285
    Fran

    Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)