Travis

WOW! Thank You Travis! Manchester Gig was Amazing!
TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:34 AM Quote
Wow! First of all I want to say The Republic Tigers were great, best support act I've seen at a gig! I would have got their album too but I ended up buying every piece of Travis merchandise which came to a sum of £50 lol.It was two T-Shirts, a black one with the eye, the reddy browny J.Smith one with blue writing, the heat sensitive mug and a bag, it's kinda something a girl would have I guess but I thought it's cool, it's Travis so I got it lol.

They started with the head speech, leading to Chinese Blues, then J.Smith and I've lost order then but they played Tied To The 90's! I was sooooo happy they did that! They had Sing, Flowers In The Window, Something Anything, Last Words (with an acoustic guitar as Fran's banjo wasn't working), Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me, I Kissed A Girl, I think it was Falling Down too, All I wanna Do Is Rock, The Beautiful Occupation, Good Feeling (with Klaus' keyboard solo) and some more that I can't remember but will do later lol. It was absolutely great. Fran was brilliant too, his jokes were great lol, "Klaus has a MySpace...Ladies" lol and his little part of Good Feeling in "Sweedish" lol.

Man! What a night, I'll have photos up soon but yeah I was expecting a great night after seeing them last time but they totally blew me away tonight. The smaller venue in The Ritz really added to it aswell.

Just wanted to say Thanks for an awesome night guys! Hopefully you'll be back to Manchester sooner rather than later!

Re: WOW! Thank You Travis! Manchester Gig was Amazing!
jambut
jambut Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
was an amazing still pumpi now lol.

Oh and Fran said the whole "whose in a band?" thing. I was the one who kind of thre me arms in the air and yer lol. Going to the signing tomorrrow see if he'll take a demo disk off me would bea dream come true.

thanks guys was the best Travis gig i've been too but Liverpool tomoz wooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:53 AM Quote
Aww dude, i can totally feel your excitement there.
Fran did the Claes - sweedish - myspace thing at Cois Fharraige too.

Did ya kiss Dougie for me? lol joke!

Glad you both had fun

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:12 AM Quote
That's awesome that they played Tied to the Nineties! I'm glad it was so good!! You'll have to take a picture of all your Travis loot:) I'm curious to see what the merchandise looks like.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:14 AM Quote
I'm glad you had such a great time! :o)

Bryn wrote:
You'll have to take a picture of all your Travis loot:) I'm curious to see what the merchandise looks like.

I agree! I'd really like to see the mug! I love mugs.

Edit: That was my irrelevant post nº 5000! :oD

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:16 AM Quote
HAPPY and ROCKIN tonight.:) Great setlist with plenty of J.Smith , great singing crowd , big Travis fans everywhere(plenty TBWNN fans !) The guys seemed so happy and it all flowed like a river. Lots of 'special' moments that Fran brings to each and every gig - giggles - and cute Claes ( I could see your legs tonight hehe)

Ode to J.Smith tracks stand out for me ; so tight and powerful. We got Chinese Blues , J.Smith, Something Anything ( sounded terrific ) Long Way Down , Last Words and Song to Self -announced as the next single!! No more bets please!

The Best :)

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:22 AM Quote
Oh yeah I remember the "Who's in a band?" question lol, my two mates and me were like "Hmmmm...we're sorta a band", we write lyrics and have a Myspace, I'm drummer, two mates are guitarists and my other mate is bassist but the thing is we've never put music to the lyrics or played anything together lol. Good luck with the signing and the demo disk tomorrow! Hope you have a great day, I'm back at uni tomorrow, first day back.

Sorry Maria, didn't get close enough to Dougie to kiss him for you lol.

And yup I'll take a picture tomorrow for you of all the Travis stuff, I'm shattered now and probably should get some sleep before uni, but I'll definetly try having it up here tomorrow night when I'm back from uni, maybe 6/7pm. Batteries are gone on my camera too so I'll need to charge them lol. I'll take a picture of the mug when it's cold and when it's hot for you too lol.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to go dream about being back there again now! Night!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 2:09 AM Quote
Glad you guys had so much fun! Sounds amazing! I can't wait to see pics of the merchandise and Travis rocking it out! :D I'm very interested to see this Travis bag!!

laticsmon
laticsmon Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
I still can't believe they played 'More Than Us'! It was amazing!

ChrisD
ChrisD Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:20 PM Quote
What time did the support band and Travis come on at?

jambut
jambut Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:47 PM Quote
support at 8 and travis came on like 9 9:15 summit like that

Baby Fran
Baby Fran Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:55 PM Quote
It was so great to hear More than Us and Falling Down in the same set:)Thanx guys

ChrisD
ChrisD Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
jambut wrote:
support at 8 and travis came on like 9 9:15 summit like that

Thanks dude.

suecheung525
suecheung525 Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:33 PM Quote
so much envy!I am regret of missing their Hong Kong concert in July.

GothyDave
GothyDave Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 4:36 PM Quote
TheInvisibleBoy wrote:
Wow! First of all I want to say The Republic Tigers were great, best support act I've seen at a gig!

They *were* good, weren't they? :) Friendly too, had a short chat with the lead singer at the merch stall. Unfortunately a bloke who was stood near me got rather abusive to him and had to be kicked out.

jambut wrote:
was an amazing still pumpi now lol.

Oh and Fran said the whole "whose in a band?" thing. I was the one who kind of thre me arms in the air and yer lol. Going to the signing tomorrrow see if he'll take a demo disk off me would bea dream come true.

I was stood next to you, then!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:48 PM