Travis

Re: Your most embarrassing concert
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:17 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
I think I may take the prize on this one...

I once saw Air Supply. I kid you not. Yep my aunts and uncles took me and my sister.

air Supply vrs the grateful dead , which is worse ?

Hwy weird mommy they played all of Infinity

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:21 PM Quote
I'd have to say New Kids 3 times, however what's probably more embarassing is that I'll be seeing them again in a few weeks...lol! I have also had the pleasure of seeing Anne's favorite, Nickelback. That was a festival though, I was forced to watch them as my dipshit bf at the time liked them. Awesome ;)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
Since the rules are unclear on the matter , going to a nickleback concert doesn't require some enforcement of weird mommys anti nickleback society justice

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:51 PM Quote
you got away with it Carlotta!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
plus I cut West Coasters some slack

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:59 PM Quote
My first concert was New Kids On The Block way back in 1990 and also I saw NSYNC twice.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
My most embarrassing concert was Keane. I actually paid money to see them... In my defence I was 15. I know, it's just not good enough :(

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I once saw Air Supply. I kid you not. Yep my aunts and uncles took me and my sister.

I'm not sure!
The Air Supply concert was weird--they didn't have drums!

Bryn
Bryn Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:08 AM Quote
I also went to a Busta Rhymes concert several years ago... I don't know if that's really embarrassing, but it wasn't exactly my idea of my most fun evening :)

cornax
cornax Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 3:33 AM Quote
We share another thing in common, Anne. My most embarrassing concert was Poison. My friend and I fought our way near the front and then Bret Michaels started kicking t-shirts into the crowd. My friend caught one at the same time that another girl caught the same one. They started a tug-of-war and I helped out until my friend suddenly dropped it. The other girl was holding a lighter to her hand. Classy!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 3:40 AM Quote
cornax wrote:
We share another thing in common, Anne. My most embarrassing concert was Poison. My friend and I fought our way near the front and then Bret Michaels started kicking t-shirts into the crowd. My friend caught one at the same time that another girl caught the same one. They started a tug-of-war and I helped out until my friend suddenly dropped it. The other girl was holding a lighter to her hand. Classy!

a lighter to her hand??? eeks!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 4:27 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Since the rules are unclear on the matter , going to a nickleback concert doesn't require some enforcement of weird mommys anti nickleback society justice

I concur. Poor Carla was a victim here. Not only did she have to endure Nickelcrap but she had a tool of a boyfriend. She deserves our sympathy and support.

I do however move to key said douche's car. Don't be mean to Carla and don't like Nickelback!!

Cornax, LOL about the lighter. That's so crazy!! Who does that?? Probably someone who would gladly go on "Rock of Love."

mili
mili Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 6:39 AM Quote
I remember being embarrased for the band at an Army of Lovers' gig at a smallish rock club, they were miming. MInd you, so was Rihanna (not my choice, had to take my daughter), at least most of the time, but that was only to be expected.

Concerts I went to but wouldn't go any more also include Elvis Costello (it was booooooring, Sam Phillips as a support saved the day), Big Country and Dio.

I was invited to Elton John's and Bryan Adams' concerts by a client. They were entertaining, but I wouldn't have paid for it.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:29 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

I concur. Poor Carla was a victim here. Not only did she have to endure Nickelcrap but she had a tool of a boyfriend. She deserves our sympathy and support.

I do however move to key said douche's car. Don't be mean to Carla and don't like Nickelback!!

Fearless leader has spoken watch out !

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 23 Sep, 2008 1:44 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I'm not sure!
The Air Supply concert was weird--they didn't have drums!
http://k43.pbase.com/g6/83/635583/2/73082085.AUozF2DO.jpg

the dead had this , now this is only a partial pic of 1/3 of the drum set

http://www.planetboyd.com/RedRocksTB/images/D1RhythmDevilsBW.jpg

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:15 AM