Travis

Your most embarrassing concert
Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
What concert are you embarrassed to say you attended?

I'll start.

When I was 17, my friends and I went to see the Spice Girls. The most embarrassing part is that we thought it would be really cool to dress up (why do people get these ideas?). So we each took a Spice and dressed up as her. I was Posh... LOL I think we were possibly the oldest people there besides the adults chaperoning the little girls.

Re: Your most embarrassing concert
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 7:53 PM Quote
I accidentally ended up at show were the OG line up of Journey , take that weird mommy ! , played but I'm more embarrassed by the 11 Grateful Dead shows I've been to

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:05 PM Quote
Backstreet Boys. Several times from grade 7 to...9 or 10. Sad sad sad.
At one of them, an outdoor show, i bought eyeliner at the dollarstore and wrote their names on my arm. i then got sunburned and had they names sunburned on my arm for WEEKS!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
At one of them, an outdoor show, i bought eyeliner at the dollarstore and wrote their names on my arm. i then got sunburned and had they names sunburned on my arm for WEEKS!

My sister looooves them! She's 25 years old and has been a fan for about 10 years. She saw them for the first time, in Glasgow this year and she was in in such a state over them!
:)

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:37 PM Quote
Yeah, I was a big BSB fan back in the day, too. It was a sad day for me when "I Want It That Way" fell from the #1 spot on TRL. Oh my misspent youth!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Yeah, I was a big BSB fan back in the day, too. It was a sad day for me when "I Want It That Way" fell from the #1 spot on TRL. Oh my misspent youth!

Tell me whyee, ain't nothin' but a heartache, tell me whyeee!

Heh-heh!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

My sister looooves them! She's 25 years old and has been a fan for about 10 years. She saw them for the first time, in Glasgow this year and she was in in such a state over them!

That is hilarious.

I've seen New Kids on the Block three times. The first time they OPENED for Tiffany. <--- that was my first concert by the way.

I'd also throw Poison on the list. I'd offer the defense that I won the tickets so it was free but as a wise friend back then said, "sticking your thumb up your butt is also free."

So I have no excuse besides I didn't own any of their albums or anything. I just went.

Ric it's such a shame that Journey's talents were wasted on you. I'd give a lot to see Steve Perry wail.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
I think I may take the prize on this one...

I once saw Air Supply. I kid you not. Yep my aunts and uncles took me and my sister.

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
Tracey982 wrote:
Bryn wrote:

Heh-heh!

LOL! I still have no idea what they're talking about in that song... but I did love it anyways!

Tracey982
Tracey982 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:56 PM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Tracey982 wrote:
Bryn wrote:

Heh-heh!

I used to share a room with my sister and I swear she played her CDs to death and I almost knew every word to their songs and the order it would be playing on the CD. She even bought a ticket off Ebay a few years back for a concert they were at in London but she didn't even go, she just kept the ticket and framed it! She'll kill me if she sees this hahaha!

LOL! I still have no idea what they're talking about in that song... but I did love it anyways!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
My first concert was Rod Stewart with my mom when I was 10 years old. That was sort of lame. I'm also embarrassed to say I was recently dragged to a Kanye West concert. Oh, and I saw BBMak when I was 16, but I'm not embarrassed of that one, lol, because as much as I get made fun of for liking them at one time, I still think they're good!!! ^.^

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 9:06 PM Quote
Boyzone....several times. Eeek!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
Britney Spears - The Onyx Hotel Tour - Belfast!

Ok so I used to quite like her and went. Lots of kiddies were there and I was like 22/23. LMAO

Don't care.....I enjoyed it and the dancers were amazing!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 9:48 PM Quote
Oh and I bought a top! lol Which I still wear to bed ;)

craftycathy
craftycathy Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:12 PM Quote
It's a toss up between New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys. I'd have to say BSB because I was about 20 when I went to see them! My excuse is that they were part of a festival (I went to see someone else) and had to cancel so everyone got free tickets to their next show. We ended up in the 19th row surrounded by screaming tweens. I'll admit towards the end I was screaming with the rest of them though. :)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:54 AM