Travis

Re: Song To Self Video
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 17 Sep, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
GREAT, it transmits the message perfectly... Yes, I miss the old videos, but this song needed this one, the music here is the principal component and Fran lonely complete the idea, I like it :)

maryhill_johnny
maryhill_johnny Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:10 AM Quote
I like the video. Great colours.

My favourite lyric is: 'You see the light. Tell me you see the light'. Sounds good too by ra way

Bryn
Bryn Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 1:02 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Typing to Reach You wrote:
This video isn't exactly helping the 'Travis is a person not a band' misconception though lol. "Oh look, he must be that Travis dude!". :P

That's exactly what I said too. : ) Still, a great video and it works for the song. People will figure out that his name is Frank pretty quickly.

it is sad that Nails, Anley (is that Andy's fake name?) and Dogie didnt make it in, isnt it! Oh well, Frank does quite well i do believe.
(fake twin bands are fun!)

LOL!

And where the heck is that J. Smith guy? He definitely deserves some airtime, and he hasn't been in either of the videos so far for this album...

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 8:24 AM Quote
yonan wrote:
wow, i dont know, it's so different. it has none of the usual Travis quirkiness, for starters.

perhaps in the word of a recent movie/comic villain: "why so serious?"

Haha.exactly my initial reaction too."why so serious?"
I could probably see chris martin doin that but Fran alone and lonely like that juz didn't seemed right at first..even though i was prepared since Fran said it was gonna be "an all me video"

Left me with a weird awkward aftertaste the first time i watched it.But now that i watched it again it is actually quite fitting with the whole sense of the song(I really love the song!!)

not my fave one though coz it juz feels so empty w/o the presence of dougie,andy and neil=)

But then again the song is about loneliness.

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:24 PM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
2. In Song to Self youtube video; why in the tags says "anal" ? xD
Maybe for dirty guys?

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9505/songtoen4.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/songtoen4.jpg/1/w889.png

LOL

I like the video, by the way :)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
It's TRULY AMAZING... I LOVE it.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 2:35 PM Quote
Only just got to see it. Really great. I'm nearly, maybe, kind of, turning into one of the "should have been the first single in the UK" people. I really love Something Anything but this is a true Travis classic. It's BRILLIANT!

Can't wait to hear the new album version too. People say it sounds even better! *faints*

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 4:30 PM Quote
The song is amazing, and I think the video is quite fitting. It's kind of different, but it's really great.
Incredible. *__*

Elidare
Elidare Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 5:19 PM Quote
Song's brilliant!
But actually.. other videos I love a bit more )

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sat 20 Sep, 2008 11:53 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Can't wait to hear the new album version too. People say it sounds even better! *faints*

When I first heard the album version sample I almost died of happiness, now it just frustrates me.

Possibly the most important bit of the whole song - the big epic, all singing all dancing 'hair on the back of your neck' bit leading into the last chorus - completely different section too - left completely off the single edit. WHAT? Who's idea was that?

It turns the single version into the poor relation.

Good vid though.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 12:17 AM Quote
Mikko85 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

When I first heard the album version sample I almost died of happiness, now it just frustrates me.

Possibly the most important bit of the whole song - the big epic, all singing all dancing 'hair on the back of your neck' bit leading into the last chorus - completely different section too - left completely off the single edit. WHAT? Who's idea was that?

It turns the single version into the poor relation.

Good vid though.

I think that if they changed it to suit it being a single, it was the wrong decision. I've not heard this other version but it sounds great and more like the version Fran spoke about in his blog many months ago. I hope we get to hear this somehow like Fran suggests. :)

I think they should put all into a song and if it ends up being "too long" to be a single then either... don't release it as a single or release a single edit (which we all thought was the situation). I'd be disappointed to think we've got a poorer version (which is still awesome i admit) just because they wanted to really it as a single.

But it's a great song anyway and i'm really delighted with it. :)

happy_to_hang_around
happy_to_hang_around Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 1:47 PM Quote
Elidare wrote:
Song's brilliant!
But actually.. other videos I love a bit more

Agree.I got shocked when I watched it.I don't know,maybe just because Fran's sad and alone.Maybe because of the colors dancing.
Anyway,it's definitely different from the other videos.I'm a bit disappointed.
But song is still my fav from the album so far.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 5:20 PM Quote
I love it! I really really do! Can't wait to hear it on the radio....ohhhhh I just want the album NOW! :)

earthblues
earthblues Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
I love the video. It describes the song, clearly.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:35 PM Quote
I just love this video, I'm agree it's very -very!- strange to see Fran on his own, but its with the idea to song to self... we catch the message!!!

I really love this video, I'm fall in love with the song and the video too.... and Fran, sooo saddd!!! :(

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:03 PM