Travis

The odd couple
Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but Chris Martin and Kanye West?!? WHAT? Where have I been? I noticed this song was nominated at the VMAs.

What do you think? It's not as bad as I was expecting. (I still hate Kanye West though!) lol.

Re: The odd couple
Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
apart from the crotch grabing ok lol

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
Haha, at first I thought 'WTF', but now I've heard it a few times it's not half bad :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
Kanye West worked with John Mayer too. He will work with anyone that will get him attention.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 3:48 PM Quote
I'm with Ursina. The song was OK but I stopped it about halfway through because I didn't want to see Kayne grab his crotch anymore.

It reminds me of when my son was potty training. He's learned not to grab his noodle, so why can't Kayne?

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
Chris Martin has done a few random hip hop collaborations has he not??

Off the top of my head there was Jamelia (i guess more RnB and Soul) and I'm sure he worked with Jay-Z as well hasn't he?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 4:24 PM Quote
Ursina wrote:
apart from the crotch grabing ok lol

Mouhahaha !

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
Kanye West got arrested at LAX for attacking a paparazzi today. That should make Nikki happy, lol

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Kanye West got arrested at LAX for attacking a paparazzi today. That should make Nikki happy, lol

Good! What a punk.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 7:15 PM Quote
Yeah that song has been around for awhile. Chris Martin and Jay Z did a song together too, it's never been released but I think it's called Beach Ball or Beach House... or whatever...

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 11 Sep, 2008 8:06 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but Chris Martin and Kanye West?!? WHAT? Where have I been? I noticed this song was nominated at the VMAs.

What do you think? It's not as bad as I was expecting. (I still hate Kanye West though!) lol.

i like it,why don't you like kanye? compared to other hip-hop artists,he's alright

kiwi
kiwi Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 3:10 AM Quote
I don't mind either of them really.
This collaboration isn't too bad either, but why can't Chris pronounce 'Michigan' normally? I hate how people distort words to fit a rhyme scheme. It's just lazy. :)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 4:17 AM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
Nikki wrote:

i like it,why don't you like kanye? compared to other hip-hop artists,he's alright

He's not a bad rapper...I even like a few of his songs, but his attitude sucks. His cockiness is really off putting. My cousin is a fan, so I went to a concert with her recently and he didn't say ONE WORD to the crowd through the entire set. We didn't even get a "Hello Detroit!" ...as Lauren would say: BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 4:18 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
This collaboration isn't too bad either, but why can't Chris pronounce 'Michigan' normally? I hate how people distort words to fit a rhyme scheme. It's just lazy. :)

He's not saying it wrong.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 4:22 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
kiwi wrote:

He's not saying it wrong.

Hannah, how do you pronounce Michigan?

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:11 AM