Travis

Music tastes link to personality
mili
mili Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 8:02 AM Quote
According to an article on the BBC website there's a link between your music taste and peronality.

As a indie fan, this is supposed to be me:
Low self-esteem, creative, not hard working, not gentle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7598549.stm

Re: Music tastes link to personality
physke
physke Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 8:14 AM Quote
here I am "high self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease" as a blues lover:)

mili
mili Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 8:32 AM Quote
physke wrote:
here I am "high self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease" as a blues lover:)

You sound like a nice person!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 11:28 AM Quote

Bollox, what about people who like more than one type of music, I like pretty much all those genre's except Bollywood and Jazz. Psychatrists and these Analysts are always pulling this type of shite, applying labels to certain groups, Feck off, Life ain't that simple stop trying to label and fit people into your convienient catagory boxes.

Dubz

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 11:56 AM Quote
I agree with Dubz, it's all bollocks. Whatever happened to people being individuals?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 1:15 PM Quote
I was going to post something like this yesterday. Heriot Watt Uni are doing a massive survey studying music tastes to personality. I did a survey yesterday on your relationship and music taste.

And this is the survey I did

Peopleintomusic

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
I also read that they were really looking at how people who love Classical music have a lot more incommon with those who love Heavy Metal in reagrds to their personality tho it doesn't really say that there. We had a bit about that in the Belfast Telegraph yesterday. Interesting. But like Dubz says it could be accurate because I love lots of different genres too and not one specific music type!

mili
mili Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 3:11 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Bollox, what about people who like more than one type of music, I like pretty much all those genre's except Bollywood and Jazz. Psychatrists and these Analysts are always pulling this type of shite, applying labels to certain groups, Feck off, Life ain't that simple stop trying to label and fit people into your convienient catagory boxes.

Dubz

Agree. And what if you like one kind of music at different stages of life?

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 9:17 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Life ain't that simple stop trying to label and fit people into your convienient catagory boxes.

I would agree with that, but the indie thing actually is kinda accurate for me. It's weird though cos I notice it in school, how people with the same interest in music have so much else in common. A lot of the time you can tell what kind of music someone listens to by who they hang out with.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:01 PM