Travis

Proof Big Brother should be axed ...
cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
for allowing Rachel to win. I mean I didn't vote but I'm wishing to god I did! Everytime davina went to read out who was voted out, ah its got to be Rachel now ... no, she's the bloody winner. Get it axed Channel 4 ur winner is pisspoor!

Re: Proof Big Brother should be axed ...
Darran
Darran Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
Aye fucking joke.

Will Hill had her at 7/2 to win and Michael at 6/1 at 10pm

Something is seriously screwed up.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 10:46 PM Quote
Aye total joke like! This whole series has been screwed up, just watching it just now and Rex's face is hilarious. Next year, I'm choosing to play Scrabble over watching BB!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 11:06 PM Quote
I can't believe Racheal won, complete disappointment. But to be honest the final 5 were all rubbish anyway. I think Lisa should have won it. I was laughing my head off when Rachael came out and you could hear people booing haha

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
I know, Davina McCall "I can't believe the winner is gettin booed" haha, I wonder why!! Yeah this years has been really disappointing, the only time I was kinda glued to it was when Luke and Bex were on it, that was entertaining, as soon as they went out, I knew this series was gonna be a farce. They should either axe it or go back to basics, 5 girls, 5 guys, no weirdos, no bores and no one too hungry for fame ... if it fails next year, it should just be axed or get a new set up.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 11:39 PM Quote
cosmic wrote:
I know, Davina McCall "I can't believe the winner is gettin booed" haha, I wonder why!! Yeah this years has been really disappointing, the only time I was kinda glued to it was when Luke and Bex were on it, that was entertaining, as soon as they went out, I knew this series was gonna be a farce. They should either axe it or go back to basics, 5 girls, 5 guys, no weirdos, no bores and no one too hungry for fame ... if it fails next year, it should just be axed or get a new set up.

I just don't understand how anyone would want Racheal to win. She sat on the fence, she was a little miss nicey nicey which I found abit fake, she wasn't entertaining. If you look at the highlights they played at the end of the show she was hardly in them, and SHE WON!!! haha very weird winner i think the country has gone mad. I think the next Big Brother might be the last one.

cosmic
cosmic Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
Yeah I know, I knew the country had gone mad when Bex got voted out. It was boring when they put her out. I definitely didn't want her to win, I just found her nicey-niceness so grating and I can't understand why people voted for her to win cos I didn't. Yeah I think next year's is gonna be the last to be honest!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 9:32 AM Quote
cosmic wrote:
I can't understand why people voted for her to win cos I didn't.

Because.....people's opinions differ? Just putting that out there.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 11:24 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
cosmic wrote:

If you are going to insist on watching mindnumbing shite TV you have to accept that now and again they are going to make shite decisions.

"The Public Want What the Public Get" - The Jam

If you decide to sit through this bollox like all the other fuckin' sheep then I'm afraid you get what you deserve.

I do believe the original program was set up as a social experiment to see how different people behaved when cut offf from the outside world. Umpteen series and different countries later... We have exhibitionoism, attention seeking and voyeurism. Personally I think it's bordering on sick, The people who watch this are directly resposible for creating people like Jade Goody and that fucking Scottish Poof. Then they think they have the right to get upset when the monster they created decides to act out or says something they don't agree with.

Mind you that's only my opinion

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 1:25 PM Quote
Darn I was glad Rachel won! lol So what she sat on the fence but she spoke up when in the diray room and as she said she just didn't want to cause conflict in the house. Is there something so BAD about having a regular NICE person in there? Obviously I think someone else would have won (or deserved too) but out of them all they are all wack jobs and Dale and Rachel were the only normal down to earth ppl there.

Ofcourse BB is getting worse. They throw in the most weird bunch just to guarantee some entertainment when people clash and it's not a usual bunch of people but the extremes of society, I think.

Anyway it's over! People will be happy now :p

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 4:41 PM Quote
Yeah, I can switch to E4 without fear.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 8:10 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Esteban wrote:
cosmic wrote:

If you are going to insist on watching mindnumbing shite TV you have to accept that now and again they are going to make shite decisions.

"The Public Want What the Public Get" - The Jam

If you decide to sit through this bollox like all the other fuckin' sheep then I'm afraid you get what you deserve.

I do believe the original program was set up as a social experiment to see how different people behaved when cut offf from the outside world. Umpteen series and different countries later... We have exhibitionoism, attention seeking and voyeurism. Personally I think it's bordering on sick, The people who watch this are directly resposible for creating people like Jade Goody and that fucking Scottish Poof. Then they think they have the right to get upset when the monster they created decides to act out or says something they don't agree with.

Mind you that's only my opinion

Dubz

It's got nothing to do with the people who watch it, the people that go on that programme do so to get their 15 minutes of fame. The public don't demand that they act a certain way. Unfortunately we live in a society in where certain people will do almost anything to be famous. Sometimes it's fun to watch and other times it's just embarresing.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 4:46 AM Quote
thehitcher wrote:

It's got nothing to do with the people who watch it, the people that go on that programme do so to get their 15 minutes of fame. The public don't demand that they act a certain way. Unfortunately we live in a society in where certain people will do almost anything to be famous. Sometimes it's fun to watch and other times it's just embarresing.

It has everything to do with the viewers, if there were no viewers there would be no programme. The public may not demand but just by watching it encourage this type of behaviour, not to mention that when morons see this tye of behaviour on a TV screen they think it gives them the right to behave in the same fashion i.e. If someone on TV is doin t then I can too.

Dubz

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 10:58 AM Quote
I think it started out as a reasonable idea, but then they realised that courting controversy gave them far better ratings, but to continue they had to push it even further. This article is a tad one-sided but has a very good point.

Jabbsy
Jabbsy Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 11:17 PM Quote
they've got the contract til 2010 so you can expect at least 2 more. i expect next years will be rubbish too.

the year after - all previous winners in there?

regards the winner, the public vote it, and i suspect the public only started voting rachel when they realised the bloke from pans labrynth might be about to win cos they hadnt done anything about making their choice.

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:21 PM