Travis

Re: Ode To J. Smith Q Magazine Review
joemono
joemono Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 7:00 AM Quote
PM from someone?

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 7:18 AM Quote
Oh, what's the mystery?!! I'm really curious..... PM me, please!!! 8)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:09 AM Quote
Got the mag, its a wind up, no secret at all.

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:29 AM Quote
just read what we wrote before and have a look at the HOMEPAGE (Q).

Moray
Moray Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
Just to avoid this pointless confusion, there's a competition up on the q website (www.q4music.com) to win tickets to see Travis at the Hard Rock Cafe in London on Oct 13th. Details on the Q website.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
Phew! It's finally been said. Haha.

Because I don't think it's as incredible as people were thinking. Should be great for the few people lucky enough to go of course. :)

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Just to avoid this pointless confusion, there's a competition up on the q website (www.q4music.com) to win tickets to see Travis at the Hard Rock Cafe in London on Oct 13th. Details on the Q website.

Just so that I don't get the blame for letting the secret out early Travis Web Team / the band, it wasn't me that said it!

Now it's been slipped out though, do you want the scans of the competition posted?

The Page 187 Mystery Revealed!
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
Now that Q have let the cat out of the bag early on their website Qthemusic.com before the Travis Web Team / Fran and the band have had a chance to announce it officially, I think that it's only right and fair that you fellow Travis fans should get your application chances to win tickets to the gig in before other casual Q readers. I think it is only one application each.

FREE GIG!:- (Page 187)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/11Eleven/Travis/odeqmag3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/11Eleven/Travis/odeqmag4.jpg

Q MUSIC CLUB LIVE AT HARD ROCK CAFE
Britain's biggest music magazine - and the capital's legendary music establishment - host two outstanding FREE shows!

GOOD NEWS, MUSIC FANS!
Your favourite music magazine's FREE! monthly live event, Q Music Club, has moved to London's legendary music eatery Hard Rock Cafe and has yet another brace of essential events to serve up. Standing on Old Park Lane in the capital since 1971, Hard Rock Cafe is a fan of all things rock 'n' roll and has recently seen the esteemed likes of Aerosmith, Stevie Wonder, The Charlatans and Natasha Bedingfield take to its famous stage.

On Monday ,13 October, the nicest men in rock, Travis, will be doing the honours and showcasing new album Ode To J. Smith at this intimate venue. While on Wednesday, 19 November, fellow Glaswegian alternative rockers The Fratellis will plug second album Here We Stand - the recipient of four Q stars, no less - in their own inimitable style.

The audience for each gig will be made up of the world's most discerning music fans (ie, you) and - here's the best bit - admission is absolutely free!

Everyone who applies for tickets to Q Music Club Live At Hard Rock Cafe will have their name put in a prize draw. Those drawn from the hat each win a pair of tickets. For more information and to apply for a ticket for either the Travis or The Fratellis performances, you are strongly advised to hot-foot it along to Qthemusic.com.

Winners will be notified by Friday, 3 October for Travis and by Friday, 7 November for The Fratellis. The editor's decision is final. New shows will also be announced first online. Doors open for all shows at 7pm and showtime is 7.30pm sharp.

Caption:-
MON, 13 OCTOBER @ 7.30PM
TRAVIS

One of the nation's most popular bands, the Glaswegian quartet take to the intimate Hard Rock Cafe stage to showcase new album Ode To J. Smith. Plus, no doubt, they'll bung in the odd classic too.

joemono
joemono Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
Wow, how incredibly anti-climactic. Sorry, but since when is the chance to win tickets "amazing Travis news?"

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 7:10 PM Quote
It was big when only one person knew about it, which was the case at the start of the thread! Now it's common knowledge, so it's shrunk in stature. Go on, cut Gladsadmad some slack, for having a bit of fun with us yesterday.

Re: The Page 187 Mystery Revealed!
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Now that Q have let the cat out of the bag early on their website Qthemusic.com before the Travis Web Team / Fran and the band have had a chance to announce it officially,

To be fair, it is Q Radio which is organising the gig, so I think it's fair that they're the ones who tell us. If Travis had wanted to get in first, they should look up when Q magazine comes out.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:23 PM Quote
Wow. I read this whole thread just now on the edge of my seat expecting some HUGE NEWS. I mean, that's pretty cool for the UK peeps I guess but geez! :P

heich
heich Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 6:14 AM Quote
i thought it would be something huge worldwide, not only for some ppl...i mean, good for the guys that win tickets but...meh...

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 8:33 PM Quote
How do ye have the new Q? I keep looking but can only find the September issue, it's the October you're talkiing bout right?

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 31 Aug, 2008 8:38 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
How do ye have the new Q? I keep looking but can only find the September issue, it's the October you're talkiing bout right?

If you subscribe, it comes earlier. It should be out within the next couple of days though.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 10:50 PM