Re: Solo artists
Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 4:55 PM Quote
Elliott Smith is great.
Try Colin MacIntyre

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
how about matthew jay, he released an amazing debut album a couple years ago called "draw". and you can't go wrong with teitur, check out "poetry and airplanes" or "stay under the stars"

iraida
iraida Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:16 PM Quote
How about Juno Falls?

isma
isma Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
how about matthew jay, he released an amazing debut album a couple years ago called "draw". and you can't go wrong with teitur, check out "poetry and airplanes" or "stay under the stars"

How have I forgotten Matthew Jay !?
'Draw' is a fantastic & wonderful album !

gaby
gaby Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
I agree with Bryan Adams & Regina Spektor. And I have recently discovered Jason Mraz, he is great!
I also like Jack Johnson, Alanis Morissette, Dido, KT Tunstall, Kate Nash, Sarah Mclachlan, Matisyahu...

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
Ice ice baby ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
gaby wrote:
I agree with Bryan Adams & Regina Spektor. And I have recently discovered Jason Mraz, he is great!
I also like Jack Johnson, Alanis Morissette, Dido, KT Tunstall, Kate Nash, Sarah Mclachlan, Matisyahu...

please note, im adovocating for RYAN Adams, not BRYAN Adams.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
gaby wrote:

what's wrong with Bryan Adams ? I liked "Run to you".

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 7:18 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
minnmess wrote:
gaby wrote:

well, there is nothing WRONG with him, per say...(i mean, he is Canadian). There is just a high cheese/power ballad factor there. i just much perfer RYAN Adams and wanted to state that for the record.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
AbsGinger wrote:
minnmess wrote:
gaby wrote:

well, there is nothing WRONG with him, per say...(i mean, he is Canadian). There is just a high cheese/power ballad factor there. i just much perfer RYAN Adams and wanted to state that for the record.

I prefer Leonard Cohen as a cool canadian singer and he's still HAWT (as Ric would put it).

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

My own aunt used to spell it as Kristi!
And it was always hard to find pencils, magnets, etc with our name spelled correctly. My roommate and i (her name is Rachael, so she could never find anything with her name either) went to a museum and found flip flop keychains with our names spelled correctly in the gift shop a few years ago and freaked out and bought them. Just what everyone buys at the museum!

THIS IS MY 1000th post!!!

I used to make my own - pencil etc + nail varnish :D

Congratulations on your 1000th post!

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
Thanks for all the suggestions guys - I'm slowly working my way through them :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 8:15 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
minnmess wrote:

My own aunt used to spell it as Kristi!
And it was always hard to find pencils, magnets, etc with our name spelled correctly. My roommate and i (her name is Rachael, so she could never find anything with her name either) went to a museum and found flip flop keychains with our names spelled correctly in the gift shop a few years ago and freaked out and bought them. Just what everyone buys at the museum!

THIS IS MY 1000th post!!!

I used to make my own - pencil etc + nail varnish :D

Congratulations on your 1000th post!

good call. Us Kristy's have to be crafty!
and thanks!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 8:26 PM Quote
Oh Malcolm Middleton is really awesome. Scottish too :P

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Wed 27 Aug, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
Has anyone mentioned Ben Folds? He's brilliant :) Other solo artists I'd recommend are.. Jamie Cullum, Jamie T, Joshua Radin (although his songs tend to get a bit boring if you listen to a lot of them in a row^^) and Moneybrother (!! very good!).

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:53 AM