Travis

B-sides!
Calgary
Calgary Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:39 PM Quote
Do you reckon Travis will ever release a B-sides compilation? It would be a strong compilation. Does anyone have any favourites? Mine would have to be Village Man i think!

Re: B-sides!
choke the chicken
choke the chicken Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
I bet if they do it will be called 20 and feature 20 b-sides, including 20 as the very first track

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 11:55 PM Quote
I think they will one day. I'm not too bothered. They're available elsewhere anyway. Would be nice though I suppose. :) I think 20 is certain to appear though not as a starter. I like all 6 b sides from TBWNN. I think they should all appear on a b side album. :) Woo!

martina
martina Posted Sun 17 Aug, 2008 12:52 PM Quote
I remember Travis mentioning it at the time TBWNN came out so it might happen someday... who knows!

Erial
Erial Posted Sun 17 Aug, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
That would be so cool, their b-sides are amazing. My favourites are River and Only Molly Knows.

TheInvisibleBoy
TheInvisibleBoy Posted Sun 17 Aug, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
I'd love a B-side compilation, a complete one though, but then again that would be loads, maybe have a compilation collection, maybe with about 3 or 5 disks or something but if that couldn't work maybe have different volumes, a different one for each album or something.

I really do hope that one is brought out sometime though, it would be a nice addition to their albums and the Singles compilation.

As far as my favourite B-side I would say Blue On A Black Weekend, Mother, My Last Chance, Only Molly Knows, Standing On My Own and The Score are very high up in the list for me.

Dani_Fox
Dani_Fox Posted Tue 19 Aug, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
I saw in ebay a set with 5 cds, its called The b-sides 1996-2007 5CD Fran Healy, but it isnt already there

http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&q=travis+the+b-sides+1996-2007&btnG=Buscar&meta=

purplesky
purplesky Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
Dani_Fox wrote:
I saw in ebay a set with 5 cds, its called The b-sides 1996-2007 5CD Fran Healy, but it isnt already there

http://www.google.es/search?hl=es&q=travis+the+b-sides+1996-2007&btnG=Buscar&meta=

Oh, was it officially released?

I'd like them to release B-side album some day. I'd like "Days of our live", "River", "The sea", "We are monkeys", "20", "Only molly knows" "Beautiful birds" and many others...phew

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 4:40 PM Quote
purplesky wrote:

Oh, was it officially released?

I'd like them to release B-side album some day. I'd like "Days of our live", "River", "The sea", "We are monkeys", "20", "Only molly knows" "Beautiful birds" and many others...phew

No.

The problem would be which b-sides, I can't see anyone agreeing unless it was at least 2 CDs full of songs. I reckon a complete compilation of all of them is the only option, unfortunately :) (maybe they could do a normal and a complete one, that would be good)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
We all have our favourites. Some I really love. Some I don't. For example I really dislike The Sea. One of the worst b sides of all of them but from the recent thread we see some people love it. So I agree, a tracklisting would be difficult. Maybe the band could cut it down to 50 possibilities and have us lot vote! :) A complete set would be brilliant. Could be a really lovely little collecters thing with artwork and stuff. Maybe between 6 and 7?

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 6:35 PM Quote
I downloaded a B-side Travis album thinking it was the real thing, it looked like the single album but B-sides. Absolutley loads of song on it, but I'm not that fussed really. Fairly disappointed with the b-sides. Waiting for sumat to jump out at me as I wasn't one of those ppl who buy every single, so I don't know many bsides.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
We all have our favourites. Some I really love. Some I don't. For example I really dislike The Sea. One of the worst b sides of all of them but from the recent thread we see some people love it. So I agree, a tracklisting would be difficult. Maybe the band could cut it down to 50 possibilities and have us lot vote! :) A complete set would be brilliant. Could be a really lovely little collecters thing with artwork and stuff. Maybe between 6 and 7?

A vote would be awesome! I love a lot of their B-sides, but yes...some are much better than others. :)

Calgary
Calgary Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

A vote would be awesome! I love a lot of their B-sides, but yes...some are much better than others. :)

I agree, a short list by the boys themeselves and a vote from us! I think mansun did something like that when they released Kleptomania with a B-Sides CD!

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
my latest favourite b-side is I forget my name!
and I have a few ones I don't like very much.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 20 Aug, 2008 7:41 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
Fairly disappointed with the b-sides. Waiting for sumat to jump out at me as I wasn't one of those ppl who buy every single, so I don't know many bsides.

I know what you mean, often it's hard to get into any songs when there's so many there. Try deciding on a couple of songs that other people have mentioned and just listen to those two only until you know them quite well. If you like them, great, if not, feel free to ignore any other advice I give you! :)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:43 PM