Travis

Re: Siblings arrrgh!
spid
spid Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:19 AM Quote
I didn't get on with my brother until he was 18 and even then only just - he is nearly 40 now and we get along just fine. But as a child he was horrid always lying to get me in to trouble etc. NOt good.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:24 AM Quote

Me and my sister beat the living sh!t out of each other for 14 years.

Dubz

Erial
Erial Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:37 AM Quote
I have a younger sister but I got over whatever jealousy issue and desire to hurt her (or worst, kill her) when I was around 12. The less the age difference, the worst it is, for what I've seen in other siblings.

We're very cuddly and affectionate now, I'm pretty soppy when it comes to her although we can still fight badly. You make it sound like we're quite an exception though xD

Rallyfoeraren
Rallyfoeraren Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh, and when I locked myself in the bathroom to get away from him, he stabbed the door with a butter knife.

That doesn't sound very effective...

spid
spid Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:37 PM Quote
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Oh, and when I locked myself in the bathroom to get away from him, he stabbed the door with a butter knife.

Sometimes they know how to scare you but not take it sofar that they get into trouble too much - for your mum would say something like 'it's only a butter knife what harm do you think he could do?' and you'd be thinking 'maim me horribly!'

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
spid wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Sometimes they know how to scare you but not take it sofar that they get into trouble too much - for your mum would say something like 'it's only a butter knife what harm do you think he could do?' and you'd be thinking 'maim me horribly!'

Ah, but you remember that line from Robin Hood Prince of Thieves:
"It's dull, you twit, it'll hurt more!"

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Nikki wrote:

no, but i do remember Robin Hood Men in Tights :)

im thinking that butter knife did more damage to the door than to Nikki.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 4:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Nikki wrote:

LOL! yeah...we just got in huge trouble for the gash in the door. I was not harmed. Honestly though, the fights I listed were pretty much the only ones I can remember. My brother and I are really close and always have been! I think all siblings have their moments, lol. I'm lucky to have such a great brother. He's a wonderful person and it's scary to say, but he's growing up to be a really good man. We're complete opposites though. I have a short temper and he's super mellow and laid back.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
spid wrote:
Rallyfoeraren wrote:
Nikki wrote:

LOL! yeah...we just got in huge trouble for the gash in the door. I was not harmed. Honestly though, the fights I listed were pretty much the only ones I can remember. My brother and I are really close and always have been! I think all siblings have their moments, lol. I'm lucky to have such a great brother. He's a wonderful person and it's scary to say, but he's growing up to be a really good man. We're complete opposites though. I have a short temper and he's super mellow and laid back.

and he grows one heck of a playoff beard!

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
Don't talk to me about siblings. I have two that are great and I love to pieces (they are the eldest two) but the other two where/are a nightmare. A few examples of what they did to me as a kid:

1> Told me horror stories and dressed up as Freddie outside my bedroom window and I sreamed and wet myself (I was about 6)

2> Jumped up and down on my favourite dolls FACE and tore of the arms and legs

3> Pushed my brand new kitchen down the stairs just for badness.

4> Ripped wallpaper and blamed me.

5> Stole sweets/money and blamed me.

6> Used to chase me with fire pokers and hockey sticks (for fun)!

There are many more examples. Basically they tortured me. Obviously as we grew up we had to get along better. But now I realise they are always going to be twats! And don't speak to them. :) Problem solved!

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:19 PM Quote
Yikes Wendy!! Happy families eh?
I don't really speak to any of my brothers and sisters now either which is probably why I'm desparately hoping my boys will get on.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
Once when I was 4 or 5 I woke up and asked my brother where our mom was and he told me she had died. I didn't totally believe him but was scared he might be right. To "prove" he told me Satan was on the phone to confirm her death. I got on the phone and he (on another extension obviously) talked in this horribly scary voice.

I started to cry and around this time my mom came home from a run.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
Oh the joy of being an only child LOL

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
I was very spoiled as a kid with 3 older brothers - can you tell ?

LOL

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:54 AM Quote
I threw a ken barbie doll at my brother when we were younger and it knocked his two front teeth out. Whoopsies. They left a mark on Ken's tummy.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:22 PM