Travis

Siblings arrrgh!
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
My eldest son has just gone to bed in tears since his younger brother has practically decapitated his favourite teddy. Teddy is in theatre having his head sewn back on as we speak - his condition is serious but he'll pull through!
I don't ever remember being that mean to my brother and sisters. Is this the new generation????

Re: Siblings arrrgh!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 7:46 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
My eldest son has just gone to bed in tears since his younger brother has practically decapitated his favourite teddy. Teddy is in theatre having his head sewn back on as we speak - his condition is serious but he'll pull through!
I don't ever remember being that mean to my brother and sisters. Is this the new generation????

I thought this was going be from Moray as he seems to be having parent/sibling issues as of late, lol
Aww, poor teddy. I very creatively have a teddy bear named Teddy as well.
Hmm, as for siblings, my brother threw my Ken Doll against the wall and his legs/arms/head never went of properly again. My mom made him buy me a new one but he was ugly! And im the youngest and would get blamed for EVERYTHING. most of which i didnt do. Im also the only girl, so there were violent mini stick/road hockey/any other sport battles where i would get the beats. You dont take it easy on the sister apperently!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
My brother made a noose out of shoelaces and hung my Cabbage Patch doll from the ceiling fan.

(do I have to say that he left the fan on?)

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 7:55 PM Quote
How come it's always the boys/ brothers doing the nasty stuff?

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
I stole some of my brother's records and broke them into pieces as i was very upset.
My parents used to compare the both of us and i didn't like it because my brother was very successfull at school/sports....and of course being the competitive person i am i had to do better than him (and i did most of the time).

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
We seem to get a lot of hair pulling in my house. But for the most part, I have to say my kids are pretty nice to each other considering what I've seen elsewhere. They are also quick to apologize and forgive--and I like to take credit for that! I always try to instill in them that they are each other's best friends.

And as for property damage, my youngest (will be 3 on Friday) just pulled pieces of wallpaper off the wall in her room in 5 places. I found all the pieces except one small piece and re-glued. You can't tell unless you look really close.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 8:49 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
We seem to get a lot of hair pulling in my house. But for the most part, I have to say my kids are pretty nice to each other considering what I've seen elsewhere.

Can you be more specific ? I'm sure you have funny stories to tell.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 8:55 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
We seem to get a lot of hair pulling in my house. But for the most part, I have to say my kids are pretty nice to each other considering what I've seen elsewhere.

Can you be more specific ? I'm sure you have funny stories to tell.

No, I don't really have any funny stories to tell. I don't like it when kids are mean to each other. There are some real brats out there.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
We seem to get a lot of hair pulling in my house. But for the most part, I have to say my kids are pretty nice to each other considering what I've seen elsewhere. They are also quick to apologize and forgive--and I like to take credit for that! I always try to instill in them that they are each other's best friends.

And as for property damage, my youngest (will be 3 on Friday) just pulled pieces of wallpaper off the wall in her room in 5 places. I found all the pieces except one small piece and re-glued. You can't tell unless you look really close.

when i was a baby/toddler, my mom had to move my crib away from the wall bc i used to rip off the border. it was fun!

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
My boys are normally quite nice to each other and get on well but things degenerated this evening for some reason.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 12 Aug, 2008 9:44 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
My boys are normally quite nice to each other and get on well but things degenerated this evening for some reason.

they read the board ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 12:08 AM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
deebee wrote:

they read the board ?

for the sake of their sanity and childhood naivity, i hope not!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 12:46 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
How come it's always the boys/ brothers doing the nasty stuff?

My brothers are honestly like the nicest guys I know! My sister though is another story. She used to be absolutely horrible to me, she never hurt my teddies but she'd call me names and tell me things like my lemonade is poison and stuff. I have to say, i was quite a gullible child! She's still horrible to me, I'm just able to handle it better nowadays!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 1:00 AM Quote
My brother and I used to get into fights every now and then...especially when our folks left us home alone! The worst was when he threw a bottle of white-out at me from across the kitchen. It missed me, but got all over the cabinets and wood floor. We got in BIG trouble for that one. Oh, and when I locked myself in the bathroom to get away from him, he stabbed the door with a butter knife. I also had a few barbies with short necks. Once they get their heads pulled off, they're just never the same! Then there was the time I threw his signed Pete Rose baseball (in a collectors case) at him and cut his knee open on the wooden corner. Wow...I just made it sound like we were really bad kids, actually we were the opposite! We were like best friends growing up. Being only two years apart in age, my brother and I did everything together. We always made up games and shared our toys. Kids are way too spoiled these days!

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 8:40 AM Quote
Blimey Nikki, that does sound quite alarming - I take it things are better nowadays (!!!!) I agree though that kids are completely spoilt and it seems to affect their behaviour with each other. My two aren't so bad but teaching in a primary school, I see a lot of this.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:43 PM