Re: Your LEAST Fav Travis Song!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Stupid double post. Ah!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 04 Aug, 2008 11:01 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

(don't dislike any on 12 Memories but I don't really love any either)

This is kinda my position on The Boy With No Name. Closer is my fav. Selfish Jean seemed to be one of those 'fast burning' songs for me where I loved it at first but now I'm a tad bored of it. The other songs are, for the most part, all just 'meh' pop songs to me.

Although 12 Memories isn't my fav album, it has more songs that I keep coming back to. Love Will Come Through, Happy To Hang Around, Quicksand and Walking Down The Hill I really like.

purplesky
purplesky Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 2:26 AM Quote
Quote:
Although 12 Memories isn't my fav album, it has more songs that I keep coming back to. Love Will Come Through, Happy To Hang Around, Quicksand and Walking Down The Hill I really like.

I agree. It wasn't my fav album at first, but I began to love it. Love will come thru, I really love.

And I love most of Travis songs so.. it's really hard to pick the least fav ones ..but if I have to pick, I would say,

The man who, The invisible band, 12 Memories - none (Especially, invisible band is my favorite of all)

Some people pointed out 'Dear diary', but for me, it's one of my favorite.. *_* It's my cell phone bell at the moment.

The boy with no name - Eyes wide open, Under the moonlight (Didn't sound like Travis for me)

Erial
Erial Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 2:39 AM Quote
Peace the fuck out and No Cigar are the only Travis songs I don't like much.

But, ouch. Seeing so many people dislike Paperclips breaks my heart. It's such a beautiful, heart-wrenching song. *sighs*

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 3:37 AM Quote
New Amsterdam is the only one that instantly springs to mind. Fran's voice is strange in it- it kinda creeps me out. Perhaps Sailing Away and Under The Moonlight as well. They just seem too.. i duno, childish?? Meh!

I really can't believe i've seen Falling Down, Mid-Life Krysis, How Many Hearts, Last Train, The Cage and Out In Space mentioned though. Fair enough 'each to their own' and all that, but i just think that's criminal. They're all gorgeous songs!
And Eyes Wide Open- have you SEEN Travis play that live?? It's often the best song of the gig until Turn comes along and blows yer brains out completely!

And whoever mentioned my beloved More Than Us..
*shakes head in utter disgust* :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 3:42 AM Quote
There are plenty i disagree with in here too. Eyes Wide Open is my favourite from TBWNN. It wasn't at the start, but i think now that the album is over a year old, opinions change. But i really do dislike Out In Space. I've never liked it. Sailing Away is cute but i see what you mean Paul. Suppose 'cute' explains it all there. Haha.

The one that hurts me most is The Cage! It's wonderful!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 3:59 AM Quote
i cant believe so many people said Colder. I love that song!
To each their own i suppose

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 4:26 AM Quote
New Amsterdam and Under the Moonlight, I almost never hear that ones xD. I can't make up my mind about the other albums... maybe, just maybe, Luv could be included on my list xD.

How can you say you don't like Eyes Wide Open??? That's a great song, one of my favourites, and as Paul said is one of the highlights of the gigs!! Come on guys, it's good song, shouldn't be your least fav :oP

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 4:34 AM Quote
I totally agree with you Paul, Ben & Kristy! I mean, of course everyone is intitled to their own opinion, but I really don't get how some of these are ending up on the "least favorite" list!!! Especially...

Sing
Closer
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
Colder
The Cage
Turn
Eyes Wide Open
More Than Us
How Many Hearts
Midlife Krysis
Beautiful Occupation

Those are some of my favorite Travis songs! I suppose if you're a fan of more up-beat music I could see how something like Dear Diary, Paperclips, Falling Down, Walking Down The Hill, Last Train or Out In Space could depress you...but these songs are all just so beautiful and, as someone above put it, heart wrenching. Also, if you listen closely, they are some of the most intricate Travis songs and are really beautifully produced.

My boyfriend heard "Out In Space" for the first time today and was like "how come you never showed me this song before?! I love it...it builds...it's awesome." I just shrugged. I guess I assumed he wouldn't like it cuz he has no patience and it's a slower track...but he loved it. It made me happy, lol. :P

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 4:50 AM Quote
Falling Down and Paperclips are AMAZING songs, people!!!

Travis songs I don't like:
New Amsterdam, The Distance, We Are Monkeys. Mid-Summer Nights Dreaming depending on my mood. It's catchy and I like it, but sometimes when I'm not in the mood the screaming in the end drives me nuts hahaha.

Maybe there are a few more? I'm not sure. I can't think of any other right now...
Not a big fan of Out In Space, Some Sad Song or Dear Diary, but I can't say I dislike them...

Right now 12 Memories is my favourite Travis album. It's been like this for nearly a year now. It's brilliant.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:20 AM Quote
mmm...

1. The worst worst EVER is "Nobody does it better" cover... I really hate it!!

2. "You dont know why I'm like" **Sorry Andy, I like you, but I hate this song!**

3. "Paperclips" I can't hear a poor dog like in this song, makes me feel really sad...

4. "Good day to die"

5. "New Amsterdam"

CheraviS
CheraviS Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:24 AM Quote
Oh no! people hate the songs which i love !! HAHAA

CheraviS
CheraviS Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:29 AM Quote
And I think Fran's voice was extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely cute in the song New Amsterdam, my heart melts everytime I listen to it (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

purplesky
purplesky Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 5:44 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
And Eyes Wide Open- have you SEEN Travis play that live?? It's often the best song of the gig until Turn comes along and blows yer brains out completely!

I agree. Eyes wide open was one of the best songs in the gig.

There seem to be some songs that are so different when you listen to it on a CD and when you actaully see it played with the heat of lots of crowds.

Besides, Eyes wide open, selfish jean was not in the list of my favorite travis songs. When I listened to TBWNN, I used to skip the track. BUT!!!!

It was soo different atmosphere when I saw the live performance of those songs. It's actually very exciting song!! I began to love that song after the gig. Both songs were much much better in live in my opinion. :)

(By the way, New amsterdam and sailing away are my favorite tracks on TBWNN!!!! I wanna sail away from this office whenever I listen to the song... SAD.. T.T)

genia_gvan
genia_gvan Posted Tue 05 Aug, 2008 7:14 AM Quote
Uuuhhh... so bad! I really love Eyes Wide Open too!! but... everyone is different and likes/thinks different things sometimes.

Well, the songs I always skip, because I really don't like:

Paperclips (so sad!!!)
Funny thing
Out in space
Falling down
How many hearts

Talking about B sides, Nobody does it better (really don't like it at all), Mother and The sea.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:03 PM