Travis

Awesome Show at Pentaport Korea!!!!! Thanks...
purplesky
purplesky Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
I'm just back from the Pentaport Festival in Korea.
Today was the day my all time favorite, "the one and only" Travis visiting my country.

Travis was the headliner today at the festival, and it was awesome!!!! I was so touched by the wonderful show.

I didn't know there were so many Travis Fans in Korea because we rarely get to face Travis in the mass media. So happy to see the fans..We were so fireed up when Travis showed up in the stage, and I think Travis was a bit suprised to see us going so enthusiastic.

We sang a long toghether, and especially when Travis sang Closer, Sing, Turn, WDIAROM, it was fantastic..
(these songs are quite easy to sing along for non-english speakers compared to other songes .. because it goes like
"Closer...Closer...", "Sing..sing..sing.." "Turn..turn..turn.." hehe)

One of the fans (she's a manger of one of the internet fan sites of Korea) gave a T-shirt. "Travis" was written in Korean Language, and Fran wore the T-shirt after a break... and he asked " Who made this T-shirt, it's beautiful".
She's the one with ID: "Mayfly", a member of travisonline. ^o^ So happy for her!!

Travis sang a few songs from the new album including J.smith. Sweet!!

Oh.. Fran said they would come back soon. He said "It's been so cool...Sorry for taking too long to come here, we were walking all the way..haha and we will see you really soon.. don't forget us.. ".

Can I believe this????? Really??? Thanks a lot Fran... I can't wait to see you again..... Don't forget US.

Thank you Travis for such a nice show..and Thank you for singing Slideshow & Blue Flashing light! one of top favorite travis songs.. I don't know if Fran had read my post requesting for Slideshow. You sang the song anyway..I don't think I can sleep tonight...

Fran,Dougie, Andy, Neil, you will come and see us real soon??! Please come to Seoul next time..

(I made a stupid mistake, though. I took lots and lots of pictures and made a video of the show, but I broke my memory card while connecting it to my computer...ahhh.. I lost all of it. So sad..:( Sorry for not uploading any pictures.. but I have an audio file of the show. If any of you wants it, email me at yerimlee@gmail.com. )

Set list :

Chinese Blue
Pipe Dreams
Writing to Reach you
Selfish Jean
Eyes Wide Open
Beautiful Occupation
Side
Love Will Come Through
Closer
Sing
J.Smith
Something Anything
Longway Down
Song to Self
Re-Offender
Driftwood
All I want to do is Rock
Turn
Flowers In The Window
Slide Show
Blue Flashing Light
Why Does It Always Rain On Me

Re: Awesome Show at Pentaport Korea!!!!! Thanks...
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
Wow! What a great setlist! I love that they're starting the new shows off with "Chinese Blues" and then there are a bunch of new songs in the middle one after another! :) Travis have so many great songs that there are no doubt going to be some favorites left off. I miss "My Eyes" being in the set! That was one of my favorites in Detroit for some reason...it was just so fun to sing along to!

I'm glad you had fun and sorry that you broke your memory card!! :( Ugh...what a bummer! At least you'll have the memories in your head forever!

I'm also really happy for Mayfly!! So glad you got to give them the T-shirt you made!

sonja
sonja Posted Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
Wow! I`m very glad you had such a great time! You`re very lucky,you know! :)And so sorry you lost all pictures.. :( Know how you feel..

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sun 27 Jul, 2008 5:13 AM Quote
I'm glad you had a big time :o). Funny what you say about the "easy" songs haha. So sorry about you memory card :o(, but the main thing is that you were there, and (as Nikki says) you can remember all in you head :o).
Thanks for letting us know about the setlist!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Sun 27 Jul, 2008 5:44 AM Quote
i really glad you've enjoy it... I mean, the first time in your country is something you wont forget... shame about your memory card... anyways, you got the audio and the memories in your mind!!

good for mayfly!! she gave them a T!!! surely they love it!!

i like the setlist, but how weird was to new fans or non-so fanatic fans who listen by first time all these new songs?? how they reacted??? shame for my eyes... theres a great song, and sing, closer, side and WDIAROM are a "tour-de-force" in a Travis gig!! lol

purplesky
purplesky Posted Sun 27 Jul, 2008 1:44 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
I'm glad you had a big time :o). Funny what you say about the "easy" songs haha. So sorry about you memory card :o(, but the main thing is that you were there, and (as Nikki says) you can remember all in you head :o).

I received your email, and just sent the audio file. :D
It was recorded from a radio, so there is a commentator saying in korean from time to time... ^---^ Enjoy it!

purplesky
purplesky Posted Sun 27 Jul, 2008 1:46 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Wow! What a great setlist! I love that they're starting the new shows off with "Chinese Blues" and then there are a bunch of new songs in the middle one after another! :) Travis have so many great songs that there are no doubt going to be some favorites left off. I miss "My Eyes" being in the set! That was one of my favorites in Detroit for some reason...it was just so fun to sing along to!

I'm glad you had fun and sorry that you broke your memory card!! :( Ugh...what a bummer! At least you'll have the memories in your head forever!

I'm also really happy for Mayfly!! So glad you got to give them the T-shirt you made!

Thank you. :) I won't forget the beautiful memory...forever..

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 28 Jul, 2008 5:27 AM Quote
purplesky wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

I received your email, and just sent the audio file. :D
It was recorded from a radio, so there is a commentator saying in korean from time to time... ^---^ Enjoy it!

Thank you sooo much! :oD It's nice to hear some Korean, so don't worry about it ;o).

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:36 PM